Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 4.20 average.
Old 09-22-2015, 10:02 PM   #766
P Matties Jr

The Mountaineer stewards are the worst I have ever seen. They repeatedly make terrible decisions, but that inquiry in the 8th race on September 22nd is shameful.
P Matties Jr is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-22-2015, 10:02 PM   #767
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollingpk3
not a fan of that one at the mtn. race 8. 1 anitcipates the 4 lugging in, takes up then the 4 drifts over slightly now that no horse is there, when the 4 was going on to win anyways. that was weak imo
A foul is a foul there. Affecting a placing is apparently not a consideration. Pretty comical DQ, but it's Mountaineer, I wouldn't expect anything less from them.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-22-2015, 10:04 PM   #768
no breathalyzer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollingpk3
not a fan of that one at the mtn. race 8. 1 anitcipates the 4 lugging in, takes up then the 4 drifts over slightly now that no horse is there, when the 4 was going on to win anyways. that was weak imo
Mountaineer strikes again that was weak.. They are by far the worst stewards in racing since i started betting, by a long ways.

Last edited by no breathalyzer; 09-22-2015 at 10:08 PM.
no breathalyzer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-22-2015, 10:19 PM   #769
Rollingpk3

the last race of the multi race exotics always has to come in just to rub a little more salt on the wound
Rollingpk3 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-23-2015, 01:15 PM   #770
bbixler18

Wed Sept 23....Belmont Race 1. How in the world did they not declare a non-starter? He was being held in the gate when it opened!
bbixler18 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-23-2015, 01:20 PM   #771
Kash$
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbixler18
Wed Sept 23....Belmont Race 1. How in the world did they not declare a non-starter? He was being held in the gate when it opened!
Said the same thing ....and i bet the #3..disgrace

Nyra see you next spring after Belmont fall meet..see the stands are full on HD..joke
Kash$ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-23-2015, 01:28 PM   #772
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbixler18
They won't refund if the horse causes his own problem. They will refund if the asst starter makes a mistake and just holds the horse for no real reason, but if he's holding a 'bad actor' who is tossing his head around, they won't refund you.
Old 09-24-2015, 05:35 PM   #773
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
Here here, we can't afford to lose posters who have incredible passion for the game as well as being genuine and telling it like it is. Anyone who's offended by honesty and straightforward posting is a 'them problem'
Neither can *I* afford to have posters that constantly put me on the brink of a libel suit.

Something has to give. Either you and EMD tone down your criticisms and accusations, or I have to waste an incredible amount of time editing your more salacious posts, or I have to kick you off.
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-24-2015, 06:38 PM   #774
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
Neither can *I* afford to have posters that constantly put me on the brink of a libel suit.

Something has to give. Either you and EMD tone down your criticisms and accusations, or I have to waste an incredible amount of time editing your more salacious posts, or I have to kick you off.
You won't ever have to 'kick' me off, just say the word and ill willingly leave.
Old 09-25-2015, 07:36 PM   #775
Valuist

Last race at Arlington wasn't the worst DQ I've seen, but definitely had to be classified as questionable. I'm guessing the narrow win margin swayed the stewards, as the taken down winner came out ever so slightly, as the top two gently brushed (not bumped) in the closing yards.
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-25-2015, 07:39 PM   #776
no breathalyzer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valuist
Last race at Arlington wasn't the worst DQ I've seen, but definitely had to be classified as questionable. I'm guessing the narrow win margin swayed the stewards, as the taken down winner came out ever so slightly, as the top two gently brushed (not bumped) in the closing yards.
i disagree.. did you see the head on? horse drifted 6 paths

Last edited by no breathalyzer; 09-25-2015 at 07:41 PM.
no breathalyzer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-25-2015, 08:32 PM   #777
Valuist

Quote:
Originally Posted by no breathalyzer
i disagree.. did you see the head on? horse drifted 6 paths
No, it wasn't nearly that much, and yes, I did see the head on. It did cost me a Pic 3, but with the narrow win margin, I wasn't surprised. There was very little contact between the 7 and 9. If the 9 wins by a length, or even 3/4 of a length, there's no change.
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-26-2015, 05:45 PM   #778
dilanesp

Wink Nyquist bumps Swipe three times, gets left up

Guess I'm never going to get that call. Would have made a good day even better.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-26-2015, 05:46 PM   #779
Stillriledup
Veteran

Nothing to see, race riding. Not even sure why there was an inquiry to begin with.
Old 09-26-2015, 05:51 PM   #780
Rex Phinney

I think they did the right thing.

That being said I hope Nyquist takes money on BC day
Rex Phinney is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: