Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 06-17-2015, 11:28 PM   #1
_______
Veteran

U.S. Open

Took Jason Day and Jimmy Walker at 33-1 each. Also took a foursome of Matsuyama, Furyk, Kaymer, and Reed at 8-1. Wanted Matsuyama as a single but felt 28-1 was an underlay so took the prop. Like the rest of the foursome well enough. Reed could surprise.

Looking forward to seeing pro's tortured the next 4 days.
_______ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-17-2015, 11:37 PM   #2
_______
Veteran

BTW: Tiger Woods is +110 to make the cut. -120 to miss. Most of the other options on offer are -300 and up.
Old 06-18-2015, 01:00 AM   #3
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

I think it was 7yrs ago to the day when Tiger won his last major...and in 10yrs we will all say it's been 17yrs since his last major.
Dude is done
Old 06-18-2015, 03:12 AM   #4
cj's dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomOnTour
I think it was 7yrs ago to the day when Tiger won his last major...and in 10yrs we will all say it's been 17yrs since his last major.
Dude is done
Kinda like a certain NFL team 'bout 200 miles west of here.

I'm liking Bubba Watson in the Open.
Old 06-18-2015, 06:45 AM   #5
MutuelClerk

I like this course. Should be a very interesting tourney. I think tiger will make the cut. Hoping an American wins. But seeing this course and the way the US Open has trended lately it will probably be another Euro.
MutuelClerk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-18-2015, 07:33 AM   #6
Marshall Bennett

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomOnTour
Dude is done
He's still a very good golfer. I don't think he's done and will win another major.
Marshall Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-18-2015, 05:47 PM   #7
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

He'll need better body language than he showed on 1.

Big risk putting him on prime time. He could really demonstrate how penal this track could be if you're not on.
rastajenk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-18-2015, 09:33 PM   #8
_______
Veteran

He's +7 on 14 and this hole looks like his Waterloo. He's a pro but double bogie looks like the best result. Triple if he 2 putts.
Old 06-18-2015, 10:15 PM   #9
cj's dad

This tournament is being played in the state of Washington. This is an area of much rain if I am correct. The fairways and greens are the worst I have ever seen for any tournament sponsored by the PGA.

When I played many years ago at public parks, both the greens and fairways looked markedly better than what I am looking tonight.

I have greener grass in my front yard !!!!
Old 06-18-2015, 10:21 PM   #10
cj's dad

At the time of this post Tiger Woods is +9. This telecast was set to allow most of his play to be televised nationally beginning at 8 PM-EST. His round was picked up on the 4th hole. If he were not black, he would be a non-issue.

When he finally fades into oblivion what will the networks do?It's always about the $$$$$
Old 06-18-2015, 10:32 PM   #11
_______
Veteran

Curtis-

I know the course doesn't look like what you are used to seeing but it is, in fact, in great shape.

The nearest course to my house is a links style course. They are a blast to play (though I doubt I would enjoy how they've set up this one). Wide open. Shoot low and just watch the ball roll forever. I am not a big hitter but can drive the mythical 300 yards (downhill) on this course. My driver is usually 210-220.

It's enjoyable to watch BECAUSE it's so different. Let go of your expectations that everything has to be green.
Old 06-18-2015, 10:35 PM   #12
LottaKash

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurtisontheBay
This tournament is being played in the state of Washington. This is an area of much rain if I am correct. The fairways and greens are the worst I have ever seen for any tournament sponsored by the PGA.

When I played many years ago at public parks, both the greens and fairways looked markedly better than what I am looking tonight.

I thought the very same things at first, but after listening to one of the announcers, he said that "this type of grass is very green in the spring and turns golden in the summer"

Otherwise tho, it still remains a very interesting and quite a challenging venue....I am rather enjoying the variety of it all, compared to all the lush greenery of most other PGA courses...

Btw too, this is in keeping with the tradition of the of the US OPEN, as it is a public course..

Also, it is a 10-mile hike to play the 18 holes, and much of it is uphill at that....I'll bet that some of the players will have nightmares tonite, after the soak in Epsom-salts..haha.,.
Old 06-18-2015, 10:45 PM   #13
DJofSD
Screw PC

Quote:

It's the nature of the grass used on the course. Go look at what Pinehurst did to their courses.

There's nothing wrong with the grass or the way the course management has set up the course for the Open. It's just not the typical and obviously expected parkland style course.
Old 06-18-2015, 10:51 PM   #14
Relwob Owner

Quote:
At the time of this post Tiger Woods is +9. This telecast was set to allow most of his play to be televised nationally beginning at 8 PM-EST. His round was picked up on the 4th hole. If he were not black, he would be a non-issue.

When he finally fades into oblivion what will the networks do?It's always about the $$$$$

I think you are way off the mark here. If he wasn't a guy who won 14 majors and is now terrible, I could consider your point. Everyone likes watching a car crash situation and Woods is it right now and that would be the case whatever color he may be. It has nothing to do with the color of his skin. Whether you like it or not, people still care about Woods and how he will do and the networks realize that.

You are also off the mark about your course analysis concerning the fairways and greens and other posters responses to yours are spot on.
Relwob Owner is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-18-2015, 11:01 PM   #15
098poi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relwob Owner
I think you are way off the mark here. If he wasn't a guy who won 14 majors and is now terrible, I could consider your point. Everyone likes watching a car crash situation and Woods is it right now and that would be the case whatever color he may be. It has nothing to do with the color of his skin. Whether you like it or not, people still care about Woods and how he will do and the networks realize that.

You are also off the mark about your course analysis concerning the fairways and greens and other posters responses to yours are spot on.
I am astonished at CurtisontheBay's comment. Difficult to respond. Truly the stupidest, most idiotic post on PA I have ever seen.
098poi is offline   Reply With Quote Reply