Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 2.20 average.
Old 02-13-2017, 03:44 PM   #271
woodtoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall
Flailing away with hopeless protests and divisive tactics, the Democratic party leadership is in real trouble of total implosion.

Looking forward, Republicans are poised to leverage the Democrats’ failure to perceive the political character of the nation, and make considerable gains in the 2018 midterm elections.

In fact, of the 33 senate seats up for election in 2018, Democrats must defend 23 seats, whereas Republicans only need to defend 8 seats.

The remaining two Senators up for re-election are Independents Bernie Sanders and Angus King, who caucus with the Democratic Party.

Democratic incumbents in states that Trump won in 2016, like Senators Joe Donnelly of Indiana, Heidi Heitkamp of North Dakota, Joe Manchin of West Virginia, Claire McCaskill of Missouri, and Jon Tester of Montana, are at the highest risks of losing their seats.

Despite what the Democratic base wants, if these Trump-state Democrats fail to find opportunities to cooperate with Trump, or at least position themselves as centrists congruent with their constituents’ beliefs, they will lose to a more canny Republican candidate in the general election and increase the likelihood that Trump gains a filibuster-proof Senate.
So true, they are doubling down, and cant see the trees, the forest is in the way.
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-13-2017, 09:56 PM   #272
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Quote:
Flailing away with hopeless protests and divisive tactics, the Democratic party leadership is in real trouble of total implosion.

Looking forward, Republicans are poised to leverage the Democrats’ failure to perceive the political character of the nation, and make considerable gains in the 2018 midterm elections.

In fact, of the 33 senate seats up for election in 2018, Democrats must defend 23 seats, whereas Republicans only need to defend 8 seats.

The remaining two Senators up for re-election are Independents Bernie Sanders and Angus King, who caucus with the Democratic Party.

Democratic incumbents in states that Trump won in 2016, like Senators Joe Donnelly of Indiana, Heidi Heitkamp of North Dakota, Joe Manchin of West Virginia, Claire McCaskill of Missouri, and Jon Tester of Montana, are at the highest risks of losing their seats.

Despite what the Democratic base wants, if these Trump-state Democrats fail to find opportunities to cooperate with Trump, or at least position themselves as centrists congruent with their constituents’ beliefs, they will lose to a more canny Republican candidate in the general election and increase the likelihood that Trump gains a filibuster-proof Senate.
If the GOP puts up lousy candidates, then it won't make much difference.A lot can happen in two years.

Fleetwood Mac, Oh Well, Part 1 (1969)
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-13-2017, 10:02 PM   #273
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by barahona44
If the GOP puts up lousy candidates, then it won't make much difference.A lot can happen in two years.
According to everything I've seen and read this past election cycle, the GOP put up a lousy candidate against a "stone-cold" lock, and Donald J. Trump won POTUS
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-13-2017, 10:30 PM   #274
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Quote:
According to everything I've seen and read this past election cycle, the GOP put up a lousy candidate against a "stone-cold" lock, and Donald J. Trump won POTUS
The only thing more amazing than Trump's victory is that it was performed against a charasmatic, scandal free,once-in-a-lifetime, Secretariat-like candidate that Hillary Clinton was.

The eye roll emoji would be superfluous at this point.

Fleetwood Mac, Oh Well, Part 1 (1969)
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-13-2017, 10:42 PM   #275
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
The only thing more amazing than Trump's victory is that it was performed against a charasmatic, scandal free,once-in-a-lifetime, Secretariat-like candidate that Hillary Clinton was.

The eye roll emoji would be superfluous at this point.
The Hag was pure Zenyatta, now wasn't she?....
Old 02-15-2017, 10:45 PM   #276
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
The Hag was pure Zenyatta, now wasn't she?....
Her butt was, anyway.
Old 02-15-2017, 10:48 PM   #277
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:

The GOP puts up lousy candidates, but the dems put up despicable candidates.
It's all relative, ya see?

When a bear is chasing you and your buddy, you don't have to outrun the bear, you just have to outrun your buddy.
Old 02-17-2017, 11:55 AM   #278
woodtoo

POTUS weekly address from White House in 5 min.
Old 02-17-2017, 01:01 PM   #279
upthecreek

Bernie Goldberg on News Conference

https://mobile.twitter.com/i/web/sta...15156010057729
upthecreek is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-17-2017, 10:09 PM   #280
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by upthecreek
Here's the problem, the media and it's personalities seem to have a disdain for addressing Donald Trump as "President Trump". I don't think they realize the level of disrespect this shows on a constant everyday basis. Heck, even that jackass Sen. McCain calls him "Trump", instead of his rightfully earned title of POTUS......Sen. McCain is just a jealous jackass for having his chance at POTUS and blowing it in '08.
Old 02-20-2017, 10:14 PM   #281
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Stinks View Post
I'm going to bring it up every time I read somebody here claim the majority of the country is behind Trump and his merry band of billionaires. Hillary Clinton received almost 66 million votes. Donny got almost 63 million.

Got it? I doubt it.
You've lost any argument in this election......The country's COUNTIES voted by giving Hillary only 487 counties to Trumps 2,626 county wins....Do you get it Stinks?? I doubt it...
Old 02-20-2017, 10:36 PM   #282
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Sen. McCain is just a jealous jackass for having his chance at POTUS and blowing it in '08.
He is a loser.
A sore-loser.
And more importantly, a class A jerk.
Old 02-21-2017, 07:56 AM   #283
dkithore

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodtoo View Post
So true, they are doubling down, and cant see the trees, the forest is in the way.
Repubs must get the voter fraud issues handled asap.
dkithore is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-27-2017, 01:40 PM   #284
woodtoo

DEM. Illinois GOV. candidate urges men to protest Trump by using ladies room.
If men crowding ladies rooms doesn't stop Trump nothing will.

J.B.Pritzker tweets;

"As a protest against Trump rescinding protection for trans kids, everyone should use the other genders bathroom"

They're after your vote.
Old 02-27-2017, 01:45 PM   #285
johnhannibalsmith

It's going to take a whole lot more of a national tragedy to get me to wait in line without urinals.

-Robert James Smith, 1989
johnhannibalsmith is offline   Reply With Quote Reply