Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 02-14-2024, 01:06 AM   #1
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Way to go Republicans...you lost another house seat

On Long Island...Nassau County of all places...as Republican as it gets in that neck of the woods...

You couldn't even get the easy win...a Jewish woman of color...on Long Island...who's actually a registered DEMOCRAT...running in this election as a Republican...and you STILL FUCKING LOST

This is why this country is dead...there is no viable opposition to Democrats

Even a Democrat can't beat the Democrat Party.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/202...tos-rcna138548

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 02-14-2024 at 01:07 AM.
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-14-2024, 03:42 AM   #2
davew

it must be part of their long game they are not telling us about
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-14-2024, 10:38 AM   #3
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

GOP has no long game.
They don't even know what game they are playing.

GOP is reallyPOS....Party of Stupid.

Seems a waste of time rig against these idiots.

Last edited by Tom; 02-14-2024 at 10:43 AM.
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-14-2024, 11:08 AM   #4
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Do you know the Democrats did nothing BUT paint Mazi Pilip as a ULTRA MAGA bitch...lol

Yes, she is pro-life...but she's no Trump lover...when asked about his many indictments she simply said he has to face the legal process like everyone else...and...she said she would not support him if he was convicted.

I have no idea why she is still a registered democrat...weird shit...

Of course, Trump blames her loss on not being MAGA ENOUGH...LMAO

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b2496077.html

Trump did not endorse her by the way...said little to nothing about her prior to the election...but that didn't stop the Dems from branding her MAGA...

I agree with Tom. Republicans are useless.

They've lost the message...they've lost the brand...and they've obviously lost the fight.

It's over johnny.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 02-14-2024 at 11:09 AM.
Old 02-14-2024, 11:34 AM   #5
lamboguy

for those that think Trump is dumb

David Brady is the only financial man that i have any faith at all in. if you remember Trump calling for the depression to happen before he gets elected, he knows its been building up now and the depression has been delayed for 2 decades already, but it doesn't have that much time left before it hits.

Forwarded this email? Subscribe here for more
Prepping for Depression P2
Feb 14, 2024
DAVID BRADY
FEB 14

PREVIEW

READ IN APP

Yesterday, I focused on what you need to do financially to protect yourself ahead of the coming Depression. In a nutshell, pay off all debt, get as much of your wealth as possible out of the financial system, and buy physical Silver and Gold and perhaps Farmland too.

In the coming Depression, a lot of people are going to become severely stressed. Many people will be broke, and lose their homes. They can’t put food on the table for their kids. They’re dependent on the State for survival. Crime will soar. Law and order will break down. The electrical grid could become unstable, with frequent blackouts. The internet and cell service may go down for long periods of time. It won’t be pleasant.

In order to avoid that as much as I possibly can, I chose to be as far away from civilization as possible and become completely self-sufficient to the point where my only payment is property taxes: $300/year. I bought 200 acres of land in the middle of nowhere for less than a thousand an acre with a little cabin on it and then I went to work...
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-14-2024, 11:37 AM   #6
denniswilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
On Long Island...Nassau County of all places...as Republican as it gets in that neck of the woods...

You couldn't even get the easy win...a Jewish woman of color...on Long Island...who's actually a registered DEMOCRAT...running in this election as a Republican...and you STILL FUCKING LOST

This is why this country is dead...there is no viable opposition to Democrats

Even a Democrat can't beat the Democrat Party.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/202...tos-rcna138548

The Queens portion of that district is decidedly BLUE and Suozzi:

'served as the U.S. representative for the same seat from 2017 to 2023. A member of the Democratic Party, he was the county executive of Nassau County on Long Island from 2002 to 2009, when he was unseated by Ed Mangano, a Republican. He had previously served eight years as the mayor of Glen Cove in Nassau County. In 2006, Suozzi ran unsuccessfully against Eliot Spitzer for the Democratic nomination for Governor of New York.[2] He was elected to the U.S. House of Representatives in 2016 and reelected in 2018 and 2020.[3] He retired from Congress to run again for the Democratic nomination for governor of New York in 2022, losing to incumbent governor Kathy Hochul.[4]
In October 2023, Suozzi announced that he would run for his old congressional seat in 2024.[5] After Congress expelled George Santos in December 2023, a special election was scheduled for February 13, 2024. Suozzi was selected as the Democratic nominee on December 7, 2023.[6] He won the election and will serve the remainder of Santos's term.[7]'

While I also can't believe that the idiot NYERS continue to vote BLUE, Suozzi clearly had the advantage in terms of history in the area as well as significantly more money spent on the campaign.

And, Mazi actually later stated that she'd support Trump if he wasn't convicted at the time of elections.

Last edited by denniswilliams; 02-14-2024 at 11:40 AM.
denniswilliams is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-14-2024, 11:56 AM   #7
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Queens had nothing to do with this election. Queens is NYC

And you're right...he had much better name recognition and outspent his rival big time on ads etc.

Which proves the point that Republicans have zero fight.

Suozzi is the same guy who once proudly boasted that he had "KICKED ICE OUT OF NASSAU COUNTY"

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 02-14-2024 at 11:59 AM.
Old 02-14-2024, 05:15 PM   #8
Track Collector
Grinding at a Poker Table

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
GOP has no long game.
They don't even know what game they are playing.

GOP is reallyPOS....Party of Stupid.

Seems a waste of time rig against these idiots.

Tom,

The GOP does not want to be who YOU want them to be. That is why I think you are wrong here.

Sundance over on Conservative Tree House has had a number of good articles over the years explaining the Dems/Repubs and how the two sides of the same coin work to achieve their aims. Perhaps at some point they will work more actively against each other, but before that they must collectively take out the citizenry as any possible influence force.

The GOP is very smart, because they have convinced YOU that you that they are in opposition to the Democrats and want to represent you and your interests, and that they represent a voting "choice".

The long game of the upper leadership is working along with Democrats so citizens have almost no influence towards the future plans they want to enact.

Your anger towards the GOP is not misplaced and I can sympathize with that, but you need to stop believing they are stupid, for clearly they are not. Their actions and plans would seem to be well-thought out for the goals and objective that THEY want to achieve, even though they have betrayed their oath of office.
Track Collector is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-14-2024, 05:26 PM   #9
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

They have convinced me that they are all useless idiots.
I've said that or years.

Neither party represents America.

Democracy cannot exist in a two-party system.
Old 02-16-2024, 04:17 AM   #10
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
They have convinced me that they are all useless idiots.
I've said that or years.

Neither party represents America.

Democracy cannot exist in a two-party system.
"Way to go Republicans...you lost another house seat"

Sometimes we are all wrong Tom. Republicans never really had that house seat that only a complete freak could win. There are more communists in that part of the state per square foot than any place in the country. That is how one has to evaluate how he got elected in the first place. So eventually when the rest of the country comes back to life that is ground zero, dead as a door nail.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-16-2024, 04:19 AM   #11
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
"Way to go Republicans...you lost another house seat"

Sometimes we are all wrong Tom. Republicans never really had that house seat that only a complete freak could win. There are more communists in that part of the state per square foot than any place in the country. That is how one has to evaluate how he got elected in the first place. So eventually when the rest of the country comes back to life that is ground zero, dead as a door nail.
See, this is where you are dead wrong.

THAT PART of the state (Long Island) is easily the most conservative of ANY of the highly populated areas in the NYC metro area (which isn't really saying much, considering how liberal the rest is).

I'm sure there might be more conservative areas upstate, but only 5 people live there, so...

Nassau County (where Santos was elected) and Suffolk County (the other county on LI) has almost always been a beacon of conservative hope (Suffolk for a while, Nassau more recently) in an otherwise liberal quagmire.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 02-16-2024 at 04:27 AM.
Old 02-16-2024, 11:13 AM   #12
fast4522

So I knew that you would comeback with that response. I did not care that you would say that, because at least you posted what you believe. What I believe is anyone with half a brain and a few bucks are leaving in droves and what you said may have been so a few years ago may not be the case today. Look at the Federal Senators you guys love.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-16-2024, 11:18 AM   #13
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Suffolk County actually voted for Trump in 2020. That's all you need to know.

And Trump "only" lost Nassau County by 10% in 2020...LOL

In 2016, Trump lost Nassau by a little over 5% and he won Suffolk by almost 8%

In contrast, Queens County, which technically is part of Long Island but is actually a borough of NYC - Hillary Clinton got 75.5% of the vote in 2016

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 02-16-2024 at 11:20 AM.