Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 02-13-2024, 08:41 AM   #16
tucker6

11 days to go until the SC primary, and Trump is ahead 65-30 against Haley in the latest CBS poll. I suggest opening the link and reading. There is some good voter insight into the numbers. By comparison, Haley was down by 26 points just 11 days ago.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-n...oll-2-12-2024/

Her goose is cooked, and the GOP nomination will be locked up on 2/24. There is a constant barrage of negative ads coming from her and it isn't helping. She is spending MILLIONS here without any effect except possibly turning her into someone no longer electible in future elections. If she were smart, she would drop out before the primary and save some political face. Losing by 30+ points in your home state where you are reasonably well liked is not something you want hanging around your neck for all eternity.

You can't fix stupid or the power hungry.

Last edited by tucker6; 02-13-2024 at 08:51 AM.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-13-2024, 12:08 PM   #17
MikeH

It's been a while since I paid ANY attention to left-wing, Marxist CBS. This was actually a very-well written, objective piece. Has something changed, or is this a "one-off?"

And, Libs... don't bother responding. I have you all blocked. I'm looking for honest answers.
Old 02-13-2024, 01:15 PM   #18
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeH View Post
It's been a while since I paid ANY attention to left-wing, Marxist CBS. This was actually a very-well written, objective piece. Has something changed, or is this a "one-off?"

And, Libs... don't bother responding. I have you all blocked. I'm looking for honest answers.
Honestly, I never use CBS. I only posted that article because it was the latest poll. That said, you are right. It was well written. I guess the body snatchers missed one. Beatings will continue until morale improves.
Old 02-13-2024, 01:18 PM   #19
MikeH

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
Honestly, I never use CBS. I only posted that article because it was the latest poll. That said, you are right. It was well written. I guess the body snatchers missed one. Beatings will continue until morale improves.
:-)
Old 02-13-2024, 01:33 PM   #20
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Nikki's new commercial says

"NO ONE is more popular then Nikki."

"NO ONE can beat Nikki."
Old 02-13-2024, 01:45 PM   #21
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Nikki's new commercial says

"NO ONE is more popular then Nikki."

"NO ONE can beat Nikki."
Tom, just look at post # 6. No man wants to look at that face for four years. Just the facts.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-13-2024, 02:00 PM   #22
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
Tom, just look at post # 6. No man wants to look at that face for four years. Just the facts.
I'm hoping Trump picks the Gov of SD for VP. Backup choice is Tulsi. I really like the assets that both can bring to the table. Hopefully Trump can SEE their value.

Last edited by tucker6; 02-13-2024 at 02:02 PM.
Old 02-13-2024, 02:02 PM   #23
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Just keep feeding them ammo

It's what we do best I suppose

sigh
Old 02-13-2024, 02:03 PM   #24
MikeH

My VP choices would be Tim Scott or Elise Stefanik.
Old 02-13-2024, 02:08 PM   #25
tucker6

Quote:
I like Tim Scott a ton but he seems too nice. He speaks very softly even when he shouts. Has a great story and great ideas but his passivity scares me.

I like Stefanik too but is a relative unknown. Little to no foreign policy experience.

Of the two, Scott is the obvious choice to me. He might be able to pull enough black voters away to win the swing states. Stefanik won't have that power IMHO.
Old 02-13-2024, 02:19 PM   #26
MikeH

But, Elise will get the ladies, and the younger crowd. BTW, IMHO, one major strength in the "modern" Republican party is their Ladies. They're smart, with-it, with a feminine strength. Not like the shaved head weirdos the Dems have that try to act like men...

Don't get me wrong... Kristi Noem would be good also. She furthers my point about the strength of the Republican women...
Old 02-13-2024, 02:24 PM   #27
Dave Schwartz

Quote:
Shocking that I'm still married after 27 years.
Dave Schwartz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-13-2024, 06:50 PM   #28
Track Collector
Grinding at a Poker Table

Quote:
I know Tim Scott has recently switched his support to the Trump campaign. Has he truely become a Trump/America First (MAGA) supporter, will he be a Deep State / Uni-party mole, or does he just see the recent change as the best way to enhance his own political travels? I guess time will tell.

Since MAGA agenda and cleanup is going to require more time beyond the next Presidential term, perhaps the Deep State / Uni-party might have a backup plan of fading the next four years with the hopes of getting one of their guys back for the following term (beginning 2029).

You probably have not see this article from 2016 when Trump decided to run:

https://nypost.com/2016/03/08/tech-b...island-resort/
Track Collector is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-13-2024, 07:23 PM   #29
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Maybe he realizes a fre, secure, prosperous nation is rntirely impossible with ANY democrat and is doing what he can to save our democracy.
Old 02-13-2024, 07:26 PM   #30
MikeH

I saw Tim Scott, live, on Fox news a number of times, probably between 2019 and 2021 or 2022. I've never been a big TV watcher anyhow, and have backed off.

But, what I saw in him was a belief in a strong middle class, very supportive of what Trump was trying to do... when he disagreed with Trump, his reasoning made sense.

I didn't vote in the 2016 election because I saw both candidates as repulsive. Hilary was a no-brainer, but my main source of info on Trump was the mainstream media and the WSJ, which I had a print subscription to for quite a while. Trump was painted as another Bush (Sr. & Jr.), Liz & Dick Chaney RINO wanting to reduce taxes on the wealthy to 10% (below the middle class rate). So I didn't want either.

I was a CPA with a small business practice... originally from a large CPA firm, then the next 20 years of my career was in big business finance & accounting, so I was familiar with business income taxation. When Trump was elected, the WSJ did 2 long "Come to Jesus" articles on what Trump's plans really were. They were diametrically opposed to what Trump was portrayed as before the election. I couldn't have been more wrong about him.

I'm guessing that many of the people in the meeting described in the NY Post article were in the same boat as me.