Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 09-10-2023, 12:19 PM   #16
Tor Ekman

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtb View Post
According to Bill O'Reilly, Trump "wants" Kari Lake. He had lunch with him a few months ago to talk him out of it and choose DeSantis. I'm sure that won't be happening.
DeSantis cannot be Trump's running mate as both are domiciled in Florida
Tor Ekman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-10-2023, 12:29 PM   #17
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
According to Bill O'Reilly, Trump "wants" Kari Lake. He had lunch with him a few months ago to talk him out of it and choose DeSantis. I'm sure that won't be happening.
Whoever Trump picks won't have a scintilla of impact.

It's all about Trump...either way...it's ridiculous to even consider, at this point where he's been indicted 20,000x, that his running mate pick is going to be a make or break thing...
Old 09-10-2023, 12:40 PM   #18
fast4522

Quote:

Bill O'Reilly is just like Tucker Carlson, they both have hamster wheels that they must nurture to keep turning for income. DeSantis was funded by establishment people who are from the Bush sector, Kari Lake certainly not the darling of establishment types but on the far end of the spectrum if you can call it that.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-10-2023, 12:58 PM   #19
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tor Ekman View Post
DeSantis cannot be Trump's running mate as both are domiciled in Florida
I do not think domicile has rules or ever had like days long gone by. DeSantis was a gamble to pick up the pieces when Trump was shaken up, the gamble did not work so everything DeSantis will soon be souvenirs and memorabilia.
Old 09-10-2023, 01:15 PM   #20
xtb

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post

It's all about Trump...either way...it's ridiculous to even consider, at this point where he's been indicted 20,000x, that his running mate pick is going to be a make or break thing...
Exactly, which is why loyalty matters most this time.
Old 09-10-2023, 01:17 PM   #21
xtb

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
DeSantis was funded by establishment people who are from the Bush sector,
Yes but they are turning on him. I see that as a good thing but it's too late for Ron.
Old 09-10-2023, 03:46 PM   #22
fast4522

Quote:

Trump is going to do better with the black voting block by a few points, if Tim Scott is on the ticket it becomes a game changer with 7 or 8 points beyond his increase of a couple. The democrats can not sustain that and it becomes a slam dunk with RINO's very much in peril. Way too soon for the ticket formation.
Old 09-10-2023, 03:48 PM   #23
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

I don't think you realize how large the "never Trump" block is in this country...Democrats, without a doubt...nothing he does will ever win them over...and even many so-called Republicans won't be swayed by a VP pick...they will never vote for Trump in a 1,000,000 years...even if Jesus himself was his running mate.

This is why I still say it's a hopeless cause to have Trump as your candidate...but whatever....

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 09-10-2023 at 03:51 PM.
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-10-2023, 04:04 PM   #24
fast4522

Quote:
I don't think you realize how large the "never Trump" block is in this country...Democrats, without a doubt...nothing he does will ever win them over...and even many so-called Republicans won't be swayed by a VP pick...they will never vote for Trump in a 1,000,000 years...even if Jesus himself was his running mate.

This is why I still say it's a hopeless cause to have Trump as your candidate...but whatever....
What is hopeless is when a narrative is beaten to death and fails. Winning over Democrats is not necessary, exactly like winning over New York. I said this before, if Trump or Biden passed away in their sleep DeSantis still would not be able to win a nomination. The other fight would have to be played out.
Old 09-10-2023, 05:34 PM   #25
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
What is hopeless is when a narrative is beaten to death and fails.
It's only beaten to death because people like you fail to comprehend the obvious.
Old 09-10-2023, 05:48 PM   #26
fast4522

Quote:
It's only beaten to death because people like you fail to comprehend the obvious.
I will be the first to suggest I was wrong when that day comes. In a different thread "Let New York die………" is not because opinions are stellar there.
Old 09-11-2023, 01:51 AM   #27
Track Collector
Grinding at a Poker Table

Quote:
Trump is going to do better with the black voting block by a few points, if Tim Scott is on the ticket it becomes a game changer with 7 or 8 points beyond his increase of a couple. The democrats can not sustain that and it becomes a slam dunk with RINO's very much in peril. Way too soon for the ticket formation.
This would be a huge mistake on Trump's part. Tim Scott is anti-Trump. Check out the following link:

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...con-tim-scott/

An excerpt:

Senator Tim Scott was one of the original attendees at the first Sea Island confab that was assembled to evaluate the risk represented by candidate Donald Trump in the 2016 election. Republican political leadership, corporate officers, Wall Street hedge fund managers, Big Tech and a host of multinational interests attended the first meeting.

During that early 2016 meeting, the groundwork to oppose the America-First agenda was established. The entire group then continued to take action throughout 2016 and into the administration of President Trump to mitigate his attack upon the ‘one world order’ globalist alliance they supported. Every single member of that original meeting was against the America First agenda and they have maintained that position through today.
Track Collector is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-11-2023, 02:03 AM   #28
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

seems fast was so busy obsessing on DeSantis and Rockefeller, he missed this one on Scott...and to think...fast was touting Scott for VP in this very thread...was he not?

Oh boy...

can't trust sneaky fast4522 i guess

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 09-11-2023 at 02:05 AM.
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-11-2023, 03:56 AM   #29
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

fast4522 is harmless....Always has been.
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-11-2023, 06:50 AM   #30
fast4522

Quote:
seems fast was so busy obsessing on DeSantis and Rockefeller, he missed this one on Scott...and to think...fast was touting Scott for VP in this very thread...was he not?

Oh boy...

can't trust sneaky fast4522 i guess
Demonize lately? I am as visceral as Trump and is why I do not care much what I say because it is what I believe at the moment. Sneaky is a word often used by control freaks. Often too honest does not sit well with plain vanilla. Many a VP has been selected after the hatchet has been buried. As I said before it is his choice to make. Carry on, great job!