Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 30 votes, 3.80 average.
Old 07-24-2018, 11:43 PM   #4966
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Well sh*t.....I thought I had Kaboom! all lined up for programming----suddenly the whole deal fell apart.

Back to square one again
Old 07-24-2018, 11:54 PM   #4967
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGreg View Post
Well sh*t.....I thought I had Kaboom! all lined up for programming----suddenly the whole deal fell apart.

Back to square one again

Congrats on 900,000 views.....You're the king...
Old 07-25-2018, 12:44 AM   #4968
oughtoh

Quote:

Back to square one again
More power to you. Testing these programs would be fun, but having the patience to put them together and fix things that are wrong, I could not do. Would not have the patience to do it. You do a fantastic job at what you do.
Old 07-25-2018, 01:09 AM   #4969
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall View Post
Congrats on 900,000 views.....You're the king...

TY Randall...seriously, about 800,000 of those views are me looking at my own thread

Did you know we were in the same Horse Tourney contest over the weekend?

(Why am I asking? ..of course you did)

*TY Ed---very kind of you

Last edited by NorCalGreg; 07-25-2018 at 01:11 AM.
Old 07-26-2018, 05:58 AM   #4970
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Slim pickings @ Del Mar Thurs:

3RD JOHN AND MONTAN 15-1 $10 Win

5TH TWIRLING TIGER 15-1 $10Win

$1.00 pick-3 leg-1= 3rd race:

3rd --

4th --

5th -- =$4.00 --$24.00 total wagered
Old 07-26-2018, 04:12 PM   #4971
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

EXACTA PLAYBOOK/ KABOOM! is back on!

I started to think this program may never see the light of day....BUT--programming has started!!!!

It's been written and designed for a couple weeks--but I don't sell paper/pencil methods. It's gotta be on software...that's the way my customers want them--

Besides...have you seen the prices some of these companies are charging for paper/pencil methods??

$40 to $60 a copy...from at least two different venues. I'm supposed to send in say 50 bucks--THEN I have to do all the figuring myself?

This new program will be under $40...and that's on software.

I'm seriously thinking of dropping off the grid for maybe 6 months--and learning to code my programs myself.

I already know a little bit just through web development. I use 1-2-3 for my website, since it comes with a store in place,etc. They claim to be the easiest site-maker around--I'd hate to see the hardest LOL. (I've heard WordPress, SquareSpace, Wix aren't that easy)

I had a web developer---unsolicited--refer to my website as a "hot mess" If you have any time, or expertise.....take a look at the site and tell me what you think. www.pace-view.com

EXACTA PLAYBOOK/KABOOM! should be ready in a couple weeks (after some testing-revisions)

I'll notify you via newsletter--thanks

-NCG

Last edited by NorCalGreg; 07-26-2018 at 04:13 PM.
Old 07-26-2018, 07:29 PM   #4972
oughtoh

I, for one, has never had a problem with your website.
Old 07-26-2018, 08:52 PM   #4973
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by oughtoh View Post
I, for one, has never had a problem with your website.

Glad to hear it, Ed...I've sold hundreds of programs--so it can't be that hard to navigate.

Once in a while I'll get a phone call or email from someone asking how they can buy a program....and they're calling from the website.

I should be happy they're calling (and I am)
Old 07-27-2018, 02:54 AM   #4974
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

I think JK had a good point about Del Mar--it's hard to gauge (by workouts) what a trainer's true intentions might be. Everyone shows works every other day.

If that sounds like sour grapes--that's exactly what it is I've never really played Laurel, but heard good things. I only even look at one track a day, so forget DelMar.

This is the HOT SHEET from Laurel...hopefully by week's end I'll be BACK TO BLACK (anyone know that song?)

Old 07-27-2018, 07:47 AM   #4975
FakeNameChanged

Quote:
I've never really played Laurel, but heard good things. I only even look at one track a day, so forget DelMar.

This is the HOT SHEET from Laurel...hopefully by week's end I'll be BACK TO BLACK (anyone know that song?)

Hi Greg, Laurel is fairly formful. Looking at your two 15-1 picks, it appears like your program leans towards early speed especially in the last race. I'm looking at a exacta box in race 8, coupling your pick with the layoff horse, that has a serious set of workouts. Laurel forced me to get familiar with it, when years ago, their horses would often demolish most runners when shipping into Penn. Congrats on closing in on a Million Views!

Last edited by FakeNameChanged; 07-27-2018 at 07:50 AM.
Old 07-27-2018, 02:04 PM   #4976
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whosonfirst View Post
Hi Greg, Laurel is fairly formful. Looking at your two 15-1 picks, it appears like your program leans towards early speed especially in the last race. I'm looking at a exacta box in race 8, coupling your pick with the layoff horse, that has a serious set of workouts. Laurel forced me to get familiar with it, when years ago, their horses would often demolish most runners when shipping into Penn. Congrats on closing in on a Million Views!

You nailed it, Trace. The horses that qualify for the HOT LIST are pre-screened---one of the screens is early speed-last race

I could sort any track today by early speed last race--top to bottom--and more than one winner will be near the top of that list---longshots and favorites alike.

I hear this argument alot: "What if the horse happened to stumble out of the gate last race?"

That isn't a frequent occurrence--sorry, doubters.

Just for kicks I sorted Laurel today by "early power". No other handicapping at all

Old 07-27-2018, 05:09 PM   #4977
FakeNameChanged

Quote:
You nailed it, Trace. The horses that qualify for the HOT LIST are pre-screened---one of the screens is early speed-last race

I could sort any track today by early speed last race--top to bottom--and more than one winner will be near the top of that list---longshots and favorites alike.

I hear this argument alot: "What if the horse happened to stumble out of the gate last race?"

That isn't a frequent occurrence--sorry, doubters.

Just for kicks I sorted Laurel today by "early power". No other handicapping at all

So your 30-1 Corvus, was slow out of the gate, kind of got covered up on rail. and had to circle field for third paying 10.80. Worth putting on a watch list.
Old 07-28-2018, 02:48 AM   #4978
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

LAUREL 7-28

2ND #4 SPICY GIRL RED 12-1
4TH #10 FILLUPCOHENSAPIKER 3-1
5TH #10 LAKE PONCHATRAIN 5-1
6TH #10 VALIANT REASON 10-1
10TH #4 BORSA VENTO 5-2

PICK-3 r 4-6

4TH #8,10
5TH #8,10
6TH #8,10
Old 07-28-2018, 02:13 PM   #4979
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Noticed BEST-FIVE usually does well @ Laurel:

Old 07-28-2018, 02:17 PM   #4980
TJC

Greg,

Nice start to the day as Spicy Girl Red wins and pays $35.20 in the second at Laurel today.

TJC
Closed Thread