Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 30 votes, 3.80 average.
Old 06-20-2018, 03:00 PM   #4936
TJC

Green,

Any thoughts on why Best 5 seems to work so well at LAD?

If I am right, I believe you said previously that it also worked well at Delta Downs.

Do you think it has anything to do with the fact that both tracks are in Louisiana? Don't remember if you commented on Evangeline or Fair Grounds previously.

By the way, I have noticed over the last few weeks, that the top rated horse in the Best 5 consensus is doing well at the quarter horse meet at Delta Downs.

TJC
Old 06-20-2018, 07:56 PM   #4937
green80

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJC View Post
Green,

Any thoughts on why Best 5 seems to work so well at LAD?

If I am right, I believe you said previously that it also worked well at Delta Downs.

Do you think it has anything to do with the fact that both tracks are in Louisiana? Don't remember if you commented on Evangeline or Fair Grounds previously.

By the way, I have noticed over the last few weeks, that the top rated horse in the Best 5 consensus is doing well at the quarter horse meet at Delta Downs.

TJC

My opinion, 2 factors. Cheap Horses, speed holds. If you watch you will see that most of the winners go wire to wire or come from close off the pace. It does OK at EVD and not as much at FG. I think the long stretch at the FG plays a part. I usually play LAD because that's where I'm at and then I go to Delta. Actually I did better at DeD than LAD but the meet is not over yet.
Old 06-21-2018, 04:57 AM   #4938
TJC

Green,

Thanks for your insight.

And as usual, as soon as we talk about decent results at a track, we jinx the results.

TJC
Old 06-22-2018, 01:36 AM   #4939
TJC

Maybe I spoke too soon.

Best 5 had 5 winners on top out of 10 races at Delta tonight. $20 in bets returned $41.20.

Gotta keep the faith I guess.
Old 06-22-2018, 08:16 AM   #4940
green80

Quote:
Maybe I spoke too soon.

Best 5 had 5 winners on top out of 10 races at Delta tonight. $20 in bets returned $41.20.

Gotta keep the faith I guess.

I wasn't talking about the quarter horses when I said it worked at Delta, never tried it on QH, don't think it can use all the factors. Anyway you may be on to something, whatever works.
Old 06-22-2018, 09:46 AM   #4941
TJC

Here is how I noticed it at Delta:

I was using Best 5 consensus at Los Alamitos for the 4.5f races and noticed that the later quarter horse races were also showing winners in all 3 positions so I started downloading Delta and it appears that it does well there also but I am only playing the top pick each race.

And last night at Delta, it had 4 straight winners which hit 2 pick 3s with singles in each race. They paid $44.45 and $73.45 on 50 cent bets costing $1.50 each.

I believe that since the program is geared for early speed, that may be the reason it is doing well at quarter horse races.

If memory serves me, I think I posted here to Greg some time ago that there was an outstanding result at Los Alamitos one night.

I have not kept any records on the performance at either track and have only noticed it recently, but when I do I will post something here.

TJC

Last edited by TJC; 06-22-2018 at 09:55 AM. Reason: I couldn't find the post to Greg I mentioned above. I now think that it was an email to the Pace-View site.
Old 06-22-2018, 10:17 AM   #4942
green80

Quote:
Here is how I noticed it at Delta:

I was using Best 5 consensus at Los Alamitos for the 4.5f races and noticed that the later quarter horse races were also showing winners in all 3 positions so I started downloading Delta and it appears that it does well there also but I am only playing the top pick each race.

And last night at Delta, it had 4 straight winners which hit 2 pick 3s with singles in each race. They paid $44.45 and $73.45 on 50 cent bets costing $1.50 each.

I believe that since the program is geared for early speed, that may be the reason it is doing well at quarter horse races.

If memory serves me, I think I posted here to Greg some time ago that there was an outstanding result at Los Alamitos one night.

I have not kept any records on the performance at either track and have only noticed it recently, but when I do I will post something here.

TJC

If you can do that a few nights a week, it won't take long to build a nice bankroll. Some of the ADW's are giving a nice rebate on pick-3's also. It will add up. Don't underestimate what these rebates will do to your bankroll.
Old 06-22-2018, 12:49 PM   #4943
TJC

Yeah rebates would be nice but I live in a state where betting with ADWs are not permitted so I get comps to use for food and other amenities which are worth money but no actual cash.

I have only been playing the top choice in win bets. Now I guess I have to start playing the pick 3s especially at such a low cost.

I hope I don't offend the Racing Gods by talking about this.
Old 06-22-2018, 06:37 PM   #4944
green80

Quote:
Yeah rebates would be nice but I live in a state where betting with ADWs are not permitted so I get comps to use for food and other amenities which are worth money but no actual cash.

I have only been playing the top choice in win bets. Now I guess I have to start playing the pick 3s especially at such a low cost.

I hope I don't offend the Racing Gods by talking about this.

my motto is "stick with what works as long as it keeps working"

and you are right, seems whenever you disclose a method or system, it quits working.
Old 06-29-2018, 08:10 PM   #4945
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

I was serious with my "proposal" guess no one took me seriously. Oh well
Old 06-29-2018, 08:22 PM   #4946
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

What proposal?
Old 06-29-2018, 08:46 PM   #4947
oughtoh

I didn't see one either
Old 06-30-2018, 10:51 AM   #4948
green80

I'm like everybody else, what proposal?
Old 06-30-2018, 10:57 AM   #4949
Bennie

If it was to join you at all the Raiders games because you have season tickets right behind the home team bench I am very interested. Sorry but I am married and love my wife so that one is out. If it was to do programming and research for one of your programs then I have to pass but wish I had the time and skills to do so. Did I guess correctly on any of these?
Old 07-01-2018, 03:49 PM   #4950
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

I probably typed something and forgot to hit "submit"

If this "proposal" thing comes up again, I'll post it for sure---NCG
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: