Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 06-18-2018, 09:24 AM   #1
CheckMark

Question Never Again Plan

I have recently purchased a no-handicapping-involved system called "Never Again Plan". I just got my yesterday and I have read some of the reviews before I purchased it and some said they have hit long shots, exactas, trifectas etc. But my question is, does anyone else have this system and will it work anywhere I play (Woodbine, Santa Anita, Belmont etc.). Just a question for you guys. Thanks to whoever responds.

Old 06-18-2018, 09:44 AM   #2
timtam

Several years ago someone posted the entire system on the internet for free.

I remember you made columns and added them up according to morning line.

With any system you have good days and bad days but I think the originator

was Sprint Rogers? I used it as a fill in for a few days but because you relied so

much on the M/L handicapper that I felt I didn't have much control over the

horses the system was giving me. I seem to remember ( if its the same system)

the 5 and 6 posts were handled differently and that gave lee way to checking

your results. Not a bad system to fill in the daily card but as a stand alone way

of playing I think you'll get bored with it pretty quickly. It was used mostly for

exactas and I never liked it didn't zero in on a key horse. Hope this helps
timtam is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-18-2018, 09:50 AM   #3
Floyd

I'm not sure if it's the same one, but I looked at something like that years ago. I think that's the one that uses the morning line to come up with contenders, right?
As I recall one of the rules was to only use it on fields of 8 or more, so it will work (or not work!) just as well at any track on any race with 8 or more entries.
I'll dig around my stuff tonight to see if I still have my research on that.
Old 06-18-2018, 10:54 AM   #4
jk3521
Registered Loser

Is this it?..
http://www.phahorseracing.com/neveragain/nchapt.html
http://www.phahorseracing.com/neveragain/ne1.html

Last edited by jk3521; 06-18-2018 at 10:56 AM.
jk3521 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-18-2018, 11:42 AM   #5
Appy

I read systems with great interest, but I never use them or anyone else's pics. Like someone above said, at best systems work sporadically, which is like most other methods I suppose.
The one and only 'system' I rely on is my own. The reason I always read other's ideas is in hopes of gaining some nugget of knowledge I can incorporate into the rest of what I've assembled. I figure if I can't do it myself, what's the point?
Old 06-18-2018, 11:46 AM   #6
jay68802

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appy View Post
I read systems with great interest, but I never use them or anyone else's pics. Like someone above said, at best systems work sporadically, which is like most other methods I suppose.
The one and only 'system' I rely on is my own. The reason I always read other's ideas is in hopes of gaining some nugget of knowledge I can incorporate into the rest of what I've assembled. I figure if I can't do it myself, what's the point?
jay68802 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-18-2018, 12:15 PM   #7
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appy View Post
I, personally, have no qualms about using another's handicapping system to make money in this game. Beating the game is tough and getting tougher...and I am willing to accept any "help" that I can get in pursuing this goal. Yes, it's more satisfying to "do it myself"...but using someone else's profitable system doesn't interfere with me also using my own methods, as a separate undertaking. The problem is in finding a profitable "outside" handicapping system to rely on.

I have a question for the original poster of this thread:

If you yourself had "discovered" the handicapping system that you inquire about here...would you ever consider selling it to the public? Wouldn't it make more sense to keep it for your own private use?
Old 06-18-2018, 12:19 PM   #8
oughtoh

I know the person that made it, and yes he would sell it even if it was the best thing on earth
oughtoh is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-18-2018, 12:24 PM   #9
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by oughtoh View Post
I know the person that made it, and yes he would sell it even if it was the best thing on earth
Why? Is he allergic to money?
Old 06-18-2018, 12:26 PM   #10
oughtoh

Just the way he is. Long story that I will not get into on this forum. But know he sells everything.
Old 06-18-2018, 12:29 PM   #11
thaskalos

Quote:
Just the way he is. Long story that I will not get into on this forum. But know he sells everything.
Has he ever sold anything worth buying?
Old 06-18-2018, 12:35 PM   #12
oughtoh

Was only with him when he did his classes in the early 80's. I am not familiar with anything else he has done. I do know that his variants were great in the early 80's and use to sell a lot of them.
Old 06-18-2018, 12:41 PM   #13
jk3521
Registered Loser

They also are now asking for $500 for the software version ! Momma Mia !
jk3521 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-18-2018, 12:42 PM   #14
thaskalos

Quote:
Was only with him when he did his classes in the early 80's. I am not familiar with anything else he has done. I do know that his variants were great in the early 80's and use to sell a lot of them.
I don't know the guy at all...but, as a wise teacher once said: "You judge a tree by its fruit". And, judging by the system that I see in this thread...the guy has obviously strayed off of the "honest path".
Old 06-18-2018, 12:46 PM   #15
oughtoh

I am going to use it today, not betting money, and see what it does. I read it and seemed weird to me. But knew pari mutual clerks years ago, 70's, that use to use a Chinese system. No it didn't work, would hit from time to time.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: