Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 01-02-2015, 11:09 PM   #1
arw629
First Time Gelding

Aqueduct 1/3/15

Anyone have any strong opinions on any of the 9 races on the card? I thought it looked tricky and some of the logical favorites seemed pretty vulnerable to me....I'm considering a healthy sized bet on the Night Patrol in the third
arw629 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-02-2015, 11:46 PM   #2
zico20

Quote:
Originally Posted by arw629
Anyone have any strong opinions on any of the 9 races on the card? I thought it looked tricky and some of the logical favorites seemed pretty vulnerable to me....I'm considering a healthy sized bet on the Night Patrol in the third
I glanced over the card and I think it is atrocious except for the Jerome which has been discussed. Unless Saturday is your last day on Earth, my advice is to start looking at Sundays card if Aqueduct is your track.

As far as the 3rd goes, I think every horse except the can win. I just don't see any horse in there that is worth a wager. If I had to pick a horse it would be the on the class drop and 3rd off the layoff.

That is about all the help I can give you.
zico20 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-03-2015, 12:23 AM   #3
Exotic1

Quote:
May I ask what attracts you to the #7 - I don't have an opinion yet?
Exotic1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-03-2015, 12:28 AM   #4
snickster

Night Patrol looks to me to be stepping up considerably in class. He was laid up for over a year and the connections thought little enough of him to run him in a 25K claiming race at CD, although he did win but that race did not look that tough. Then in last did not look like as tough of a race that Abra #6 just came out of which was a much faster 6F inner dirt.

I think the #2 horse Energetico looks like has been running overall against the most classier horses at Parx. In particular I like the 3rd race back where ran just 1 length off of Bama Bound who came back in next to beat much better horses than are in this race.

Last edited by snickster; 01-03-2015 at 12:30 AM.
snickster is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-03-2015, 12:56 AM   #5
arw629
First Time Gelding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exotic1
May I ask what attracts you to the #7 - I don't have an opinion yet?
I thought the would lay just off the who I feel is going in the wrong direction at age 7....I am willing to excuse the last start in the slop....the horse is 4 for 9 lifetime and the trainer is hitting at 38% second off the claim....I feel that the is moving in the right direction and the rest of the field heading in reverse
Old 01-03-2015, 01:14 AM   #6
Exotic1

Quote:
I thought the would lay just off the who I feel is going in the wrong direction at age 7....I am willing to excuse the last start in the slop....the horse is 4 for 9 lifetime and the trainer is hitting at 38% second off the claim....I feel that the is moving in the right direction and the rest of the field heading in reverse
Got it. The #7 ran a very strong pace figure in his last (slop).
Exotic1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-03-2015, 03:38 AM   #7
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by zico20
I glanced over the card and I think it is atrocious except for the Jerome which has been discussed. Unless Saturday is your last day on Earth, my advice is to start looking at Sundays card if Aqueduct is your track.

As far as the 3rd goes, I think every horse except the can win. I just don't see any horse in there that is worth a wager. If I had to pick a horse it would be the on the class drop and 3rd off the layoff.

i looked at this card myself and decided to put my money in protective custody
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-03-2015, 04:57 AM   #8
DeltaLover

Quote:
As far as the 3rd goes, I think every horse except the can win. I just don't see any horse in there that is worth a wager.
This is a quote that I hear repeatability every day when talking horses.

I do not see anything wrong with such kind of a race composition, where every one has the same chance to win, assuming that not all starters are at natural odds.

If you really think that every horse has the same chances to win the race, then your job as a bettor is extremely simple: just bet the highest odds horse..
Old 01-03-2015, 06:16 AM   #9
taxicab

4) Artemus Paperboy: Sharp as jailhouse Coffee.
5) Bambisfrostyracer: Linda adds the mask.
7) Be Bullish: All heart.
taxicab is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-03-2015, 09:55 AM   #10
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Tough card. Not one horse to sink your teeth into as a solid solid solid play. Problem is each race has too many question marks.
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-03-2015, 10:02 AM   #11
porkchop

RACE 3 #3

RACE 6 #6

GLTA
porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-03-2015, 10:20 AM   #12
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by porkchop
RACE 3 #3

RACE 6 #6

GLTA
This reminds me of a scary fall on Oct 25th at Parx. The race (2 back) that the 6 came out of.
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-03-2015, 01:28 PM   #13
TMQ
Longacres transplant

Quote:

BOOM 5 Wins at 42-1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TMQ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-03-2015, 01:28 PM   #14
arw629
First Time Gelding

Quote:

LOLOL "anyone but the 5".....I'm glad I posted on here because I was going to be $100 on the 7 who got a perfect trip under soft fractions and had no answer....
Old 01-03-2015, 01:31 PM   #15
arw629
First Time Gelding

The pick 5 just got spicy