Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 02-13-2016, 11:11 PM   #46
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

We are still better off without him.
Old 02-13-2016, 11:44 PM   #47
Mandrake
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
Looks like OJ has eating everyone's just desserts!
The definition of having a good lawyer and chef.
Mandrake is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-14-2016, 12:32 AM   #48
MutuelClerk

I nominate Judge Judy....
MutuelClerk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-14-2016, 12:57 AM   #49
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Originally Posted by OntheRail
What if it turns out there was Foul Play in his death?
Given that he was almost 80 years old natural causes is more likely.
Old 02-14-2016, 01:00 AM   #50
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Originally Posted by OntheRail
No Recess for the Congress and Mitch McConnell should pull a Reid and not bring any nominations to the floor.

The Court can still function till a New President is elected.
In the event of a tie defendants prevail.
Old 02-14-2016, 02:04 AM   #51
woodtoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor
In the event of a tie defendants prevail.
Ii IiIIIIIIii have a whole lifewoops

Last edited by woodtoo; 02-14-2016 at 02:12 AM.
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-14-2016, 06:33 AM   #52
hcap

No wonder box is so impressed and knocked out by third rate legal mind
Scalia, and his passing

"The body of scientific evidence supporting creation science is as strong as that supporting evolution. In fact, it may be stronger.... The evidence for evolution is far less compelling than we have been led to believe. Evolution is not a scientific fact, since it cannot actually be observed in a laboratory. Rather, evolution is merely a scientific theory or guess.... It is a very bad guess at that. The scientific problems with evolution are so serious that it could accurately be termed a myth."
Antonin Scalia

hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-14-2016, 08:23 AM   #53
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap
Scalia, and his passing

"The body of scientific evidence supporting creation science is as strong as that supporting evolution. In fact, it may be stronger.... The evidence for evolution is far less compelling than we have been led to believe. Evolution is not a scientific fact, since it cannot actually be observed in a laboratory. Rather, evolution is merely a scientific theory or guess.... It is a very bad guess at that. The scientific problems with evolution are so serious that it could accurately be termed a myth."
Antonin Scalia

Nice off-topic post for this thread. I see that you're still in a state of self-induced stupor...(I meant to slay sleep).
Old 02-14-2016, 08:25 AM   #54
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookies

"I know for a fact you are a fool and the number one asshole on this site.
And I hope you rot in hell!!!"

Is this an example of how Cons stay classy?

I know it's brass monkey cold, but try and keep awake Tommy!
The truth sometimes hurts.
mostie is not that, but I can see how someone could think it.

Last edited by Tom; 02-14-2016 at 08:28 AM.
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-14-2016, 08:33 AM   #55
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar
Nice off-topic post for this thread. I see that you're still in a state of self-induced stupor...(I meant to slay sleep).
Why is Scalia's views on evolution off topic? Seems to me his biggest fans support this idiocy.

Both here on PA OT and out among the religious right and their political knuckle dragging representatives......... the cons and Repugs who will cry and whine and deny Obama the right to nominate a qualified juror.

Reminds me of the Scopes trial.

Last edited by hcap; 02-14-2016 at 08:34 AM.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-14-2016, 08:36 AM   #56
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

The Senate should pull a Dingy Harry and refuse to allow a vote on ANY nominee. Fair is fair - we do what the dems did......if they don't like it, GOOD!

Personally, I am offende by the whole idea of the court. 9 unelected, unaccountable, in for life, generally old and feeble minded at best decide how our country is run.

The court is an insult to the constitution.
Leave the post open and we wait until they all die off and go from there.
Old 02-14-2016, 09:47 AM   #57
Hank

Quote:
Scalia, and his passing

"The body of scientific evidence supporting creation science is as strong as that supporting evolution. In fact, it may be stronger.... The evidence for evolution is far less compelling than we have been led to believe. Evolution is not a scientific fact, since
Quote:
it cannot actually be observed in a laboratory.
Rather, evolution is
Quote:
merely a scientific theory or guess...
. It is a very bad guess at that. The scientific problems with evolution are so serious that it could accurately be termed a myth."
Antonin Scalia

This frighteningly ignorant quote reveals the limitations inherent in narrowly focused non "liberal" education.I have observed this phenomenon with MD's in particular, many are clueless when the conversation leaves medicine.

Last edited by Hank; 02-14-2016 at 09:49 AM.
Hank is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-14-2016, 10:43 AM   #58
burnsy
self medicated

The "conservatives" of these days are not really that conservative. Its some what of a joke. The Supreme Court originally made corporations citizens during the Marshall vs. Baltimore and Ohio Railroad in 1853. This was just to get jurisdiction in a court room. Before this they could not sue or get sued. Shareholders were considered "citizens" of the corporations home state.

Its so called "conservatives" like Scalia that expanded this to mean that they have all kinds of "individual" rights when they are a part of commerce and in all reality a political interest group with resources that influence (buy) power. Its an absurd leap, that leads to all kinds of corruption and leaves the actual "individual" in the shadows. A direct affront to the Constitution and The Bill of Rights.

Look at the problems we have because the individual pretty much determines crap. Hey, we (the Corporations) give you two equally corrupt choices. All the freedom we can buy, they probably whisper to each other..... The people need judges like this, like we need a hole in the head. Sorry he died, but maybe someone with half a brain about individual rights will replace him........I could care less what the label is "Conservative", "Liberal"......that doesn't mean shit in this day and age. You are either "bought off" or you aren't.

Last edited by burnsy; 02-14-2016 at 10:46 AM.
burnsy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-14-2016, 11:59 AM   #59
Clocker

Quote:
third rate legal mind Scalia
From Alan Dershowitz, one of the leading liberals in the legal profession and retired Harvard law professor:

Quote:
Legal eagle Alan Dershowitz weighs in on the death of Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia and the process to replace the vacant position. Dershowitz praised Scalia as the "most innovative and transformative justice in modern history" and talked about how he admired his intellect.

"I disagreed with many of his opinions but I admired his intellect and the consistency of his views. He is probably the most influential conservative ever to serve on the Supreme Court of the United States. And history will remember him very fondly," Dershowitz said of the Supreme Court Justice.
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid...n_to_pass.html
Old 02-14-2016, 01:06 PM   #60
Clocker

Quote:
It is "standard practice" to not confirm nominations to the Supreme Court in an election year, Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) said Saturday, following news of the death of Justice Antonin Scalia.

As a result, he said the Senate shouldn't confirm President Obama's nominee to replace Scalia.

“The fact of the matter is that it’s been standard practice over the last 80 years to not confirm Supreme Court nominees during a presidential election year," Grassley said.
As Chairman of the Judiciary Committee, Grassley determines when, and if, a nomination goes to the full Senate.

And you can bet that any Obama nominee to replace Scalia would get a lot more scrutiny and a lot more detailed examination of past work than the two mediocre tokens he already put on the court. Speaking of third rate legal minds.