Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 06-20-2005, 02:20 PM   #1
CryingForTheHorses
In Front

Im Shocked!

Something I think is way of base,I have my horses at the training center beside Calder. Calder makes me bring my horse thu the gate from the training center by 1030am on the day of the race, Doesnt matter if its 300pm postime, What I dont get is how do they think you can milkshake a horse in their receiving barn? I got my horse ready for his race,I was in race 10..I took him out at the 2nd call to walk him around ready to leave on the 3rd call..Low and behold, Here comes the state vet running toward me and I look behind me and there is 4 securty guards rushing up behind me..stopped me cold in the shed, Took my horse and jammed a needle in him...I was utterly shocked...They were testing for milkshakes...Geeze I have only run 4 horses and just because this certain horse ran and got beat a lip at 7-1 his last start after not hitting the board in a year!! , I guess they think Im some sort of " Juice" trainer..My poor horse got shookup over this procedure and Im told the "Track president" picked who gets tested.I am also told that the majority of horses tested for milkshakes are from the training center.I think they are way off base!

Last edited by CryingForTheHorses; 06-20-2005 at 02:24 PM.
CryingForTheHorses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-20-2005, 04:09 PM   #2
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Welcome to the jungle....
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-20-2005, 04:17 PM   #3
hurrikane

you can't have it both ways. If you want a level playing field you have to open yourself up to scrutiny.

They could have done a better job of this but...

As far as I'm concerned, test every horse.
hurrikane is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-20-2005, 05:24 PM   #4
takeout

Thumbs up

Racing does seem to be making some attempt to clean itself up a little lately. I applaud that.

A couple of other suggestions that leap to mind:
1. Quit letting people run horses in other people’s names.
2. All disciplinary actions should be in full view of the public at all times.
takeout is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-20-2005, 08:04 PM   #5
Dancer's Image
Veteran

I agree, it is way off base, but I am not shocked. Horseracing, it seems, does very little right these days, just another example of a poor system. I agree with hurrikane to test all the horses or none of them, but to test one particular horse right before post time is most certainly wrong and unfair, not only to you, but to us bettors! Let us know if you get this system changed.
Dancer's Image is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-20-2005, 08:11 PM   #6
CryingForTheHorses
In Front

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
Welcome to the jungle....
LMAO PA, The training center beside Calder is nickednamed "Vietnam" where I have my horses.
Old 06-20-2005, 08:16 PM   #7
Suff
Beat up 💪

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSchell_Racing
LMAO PA, The training center beside Calder is nickednamed "Vietnam" where I have my horses.

Did I miss it? You had one going yesterday and you did'nt give us a heads up? That Horse wins and I'd of never spoken to you again!...

Thats rule one.... Horse players do like to get the skinny on where you spotted him.. and why... Rider...instructions or plan?

You don't have to give way the farm... But you got one ready to go, you should drop us a dime on that Mcshell!

What happened?
Suff is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-20-2005, 08:36 PM   #8
CryingForTheHorses
In Front

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suff
Did I miss it? You had one going yesterday and you did'nt give us a heads up? That Horse wins and I'd of never spoken to you again!...

Thats rule one.... Horse players do like to get the skinny on where you spotted him.. and why... Rider...instructions or plan?

You don't have to give way the farm... But you got one ready to go, you should drop us a dime on that Mcshell!

What happened?
Seems all of you have missed it, Have run 4 horses now Suff..Everyone is ga-ga over NYRA and Im just here trying to win a race, Honestly Suff I dont brag on my horses,They usually speak for themselves..I do have my 2yo filly SAUCY BRITCHES running in her first race tomorrow, Race is only 4 1/2 furlongs, She has soft works as I havent really asked her for a lot a little old time training into her, She is good out of the gate,Im not looking to win, Just give he some experence, She should be ready for this distance
Old 06-20-2005, 08:56 PM   #9
Suff
Beat up 💪

Quote:
Suff..Everyone is ga-ga over NYRA and Im just here trying to win a race,
It is Funny that in the middle of your "lil-bo-peep"....I'm just a little guy, you still managed to reach up and slap NYRA one!......

Whats the matter, No one will work in company with your 4?, Your getting no respect in the morning and thier stabbing your horse's in the paddock! Your all beat up and feeling small tonight?

I've seen you spread your record out here, and your training prowness as well..! You have a chest.

I wish you the best. I know, you know I was kidding you. I hope you win every one you send out. Let me know though so I can watch the race. After watching him run, I can advise you where to spot them next! lol I'll get your picture taken!
Suff is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-21-2005, 12:34 AM   #10
kenwoodallpromos

Milkshake test

The track vet there is another one who suspects all high % trainers!
Good luck and I know you get all your horses ready. That is why they are dependable and stay heathy.
Old 06-21-2005, 12:45 AM   #11
KingChas
2 outta 3 aint bad

4-horses

Mcschell-How you and Lisa doing?Been a while since I talked with you.Last I heard you had claimed a horse that came up lame after the race.You now have 4.Can you tell me (the rest) of their names?Always liked to put your horses on my HTW list.PM if you would like?Best of Luck to you and the stable.-KC

PS; Saucy Britches-what a great name

Last edited by KingChas; 06-21-2005 at 12:46 AM.
KingChas is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-21-2005, 01:09 AM   #12
KingChas
2 outta 3 aint bad

Quote:
My poor horse got shookup over this procedure and Im told the "Track president" picked who gets tested.I am also told that the majority of horses tested for milkshakes are from the training center.I think they are way off base!
Another fret for us handicappers-Now not only do we have to worry about juiced horses,but now spooked horses before the race.Another insiders info we will never know.Its a damm shame the animals are taking the abuse for over-zealous humans.They (horses) don't have a say in the matter.
KingChas is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-22-2005, 10:32 AM   #13
karlskorner

McShell Racing

Tom;

Someday you are going to have to explain to me why CRC " owes " you better barn area then you now have. Yesterday Saucy Britches wasn't ready for the Paddock and certainly wasn't ready for the race, having trailed most of the distance and finished up the track. I am not questiong your "method" of training, maybe it was your intent to have Saucy Britches run last. I do admire your "safari" hat.
karlskorner is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-22-2005, 01:37 PM   #14
CryingForTheHorses
In Front

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlskorner
Tom;

Someday you are going to have to explain to me why CRC " owes " you better barn area then you now have. Yesterday Saucy Britches wasn't ready for the Paddock and certainly wasn't ready for the race, having trailed most of the distance and finished up the track. I am not questiong your "method" of training, maybe it was your intent to have Saucy Britches run last. I do admire your "safari" hat.
What on earth are you talking about...OWE ME??
For your information Mr Karl,Im not stabled at Calder??.Yes I do agree with you that she wasnt fit enough,ALSO said she had "soft works",She got some insite and got to come out of the gate with the rest of them, She was perfect in the paddock, she was perfect in the gate, She broke with the field, To me she did very well,She will now go back to the farm and grow and have time to mature, FUNNY how you dont mention anything when a horse of mine runs well,oR you dont say anything about a horse I claimed, I would love to meet you , Say hey next time your there..
Old 06-22-2005, 02:19 PM   #15
skate
s.e. pa.

ran just like you said it would.

thanks
skate is offline   Reply With Quote Reply