Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 1.80 average.
Old 02-18-2017, 08:21 AM   #241
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless
Wow, you really lose sleep over Trump, don't you?

I just love it how bent out of shape his critics get. Just love it.

Trump did mean GOP electoral vote win total, and so what if Pappy Bush got more votes. No one cares, trust me. Just deranged anti-Trumpsters and the insignificant, unhinged media elites, that's who.

Only those people who were 100 per cent wrong 100 per cent of the time about the election of 2016 and Donald Trump make issue of these unimportant and insignificant comments.

Must have something to do in trying to save face for such 'expert' analysis and believing in complete frauds and failures such as Nate Silver.
i got reminded here plenty how bad my Massachusetts prediction was after the election. to be quite honest, i am in complete shock that he didn't carry this state after looking at some of the results from different towns that i know quite well. there was 1 town that Hillary only carried 75% of the vote where Obama had carried 90% in his second election. the wrap up is that she out performed in the whole state and that is why i can believe why Trump felt there were plenty of votes stolen from him or added to her. but yet i look like a dam fool for my prediction. no matter how the result got there i turned out to be wrong on that. the only saving grace i had was that no one had a betting line on Massachusetts for this past election. i wound up betting on Trump in Alaska instead and for the whole election as well. i live to bet on elections and hope to be betting many more of them down the road.
Old 02-18-2017, 08:47 AM   #242
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy
i got reminded here plenty how bad my Massachusetts prediction was after the election. to be quite honest, i am in complete shock that he didn't carry this state after looking at some of the results from different towns that i know quite well. there was 1 town that Hillary only carried 75% of the vote where Obama had carried 90% in his second election. the wrap up is that she out performed in the whole state and that is why i can believe why Trump felt there were plenty of votes stolen from him or added to her. but yet i look like a dam fool for my prediction. no matter how the result got there i turned out to be wrong on that. the only saving grace i had was that no one had a betting line on Massachusetts for this past election. i wound up betting on Trump in Alaska instead and for the whole election as well. i live to bet on elections and hope to be betting many more of them down the road.
You could double up in Nov. 2018 betting against phony squaw but legitimately evil Elizabeth Warren. She's a goner, Phil, a sure loser.
Old 02-18-2017, 08:58 AM   #243
johnhannibalsmith

Quote:

Only those people who were 100 per cent wrong 100 per cent of the time about the election of 2016 and Donald Trump make issue of these unimportant and insignificant comments.

Those people plus Donald Trump. You can and should laugh at some of the insignificant things that people get distracted by, but you kind of have to laugh at the big guy too for the same reason. He breathes oxygen into these dumpster fire stories, if not just outright start them off running altogether. I've been pretty willing to lay low and see what he really does before making wild conclusions about his presidency, but this more than anything is discouraging. Of course, when he does it, y'all give him high fives for telling off the crooked press and that sort of stuff, but this is exactly the kind of trivial nonsense that he seems to spend way too much time entertaining and helping to routinely expand molehill to mountain range.

-Robert James Smith, 1989
Old 02-18-2017, 11:08 AM   #244
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Come on, John he is getting a tremendous amount of work done. You can't even keep with it. Compare the time he spends on twitter to the time obama spent golfing. Trump is doing us all a favor by exposing a corrupt and incompetent press - the Fifth Estate has a vital role and a massive responsibility. That is why we specifically gave them constitutional protection. Up until now, the only checks and balances on the press have been other members of the press.
They grew into a monopoly and control the flow of information. Trump has created a check and balance.

no one on the left EVER had an issue with the continual attacks on FOX and Rush by OBama - they ALL cheered it.

Guess what, boys.......time to put on your big boy pants.
The worm has turned.
Old 02-18-2017, 11:28 AM   #245
HalvOnHorseracing

Quote:
So, you know-it-alls on here 'knew' my Hillary uranium story was fake news debunked many times yet I was never, ever called out on it. Fat chance that ever happening, me being given a pass despite the watchful eyes of people such as yourself.
The accusation was that the Clinton family and Russia each may have benefited from a “pay-for-play” scheme while Hillary Clinton was secretary of state, involving the transfer of U.S. uranium reserves to the new Russian owners of an international mining operation in exchange for $145 million in donations to the Clinton Foundation. Here's what happened.

A mining company, Uranium One, was originally based in South Africa, but merged in 2007 with Canada-based UrAsia Energy. Shareholders there retained a controlling interest until 2010, when Russia’s nuclear agency, Rosatom, completed purchase of a 51% stake. Hillary Clinton played a subsequent part in the transaction after the deal was negotiated because it involved the transfer of ownership of a material deemed important to national security — uranium, amounting to one-fifth of U.S. reserves — thus requiring the approval of the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS), on which the U.S. Secretary of State sits. However, Hillary was in no way involved in brokering the sale of the company to Rosatom, nor did she "sell"uranium reserves to Russia as the fake story claims.

Among the ways the accusations of Hillary selling uranium reserves or engaging in a pay for play stray from the facts is in attributing a power of veto or approval to Secretary Clinton that she simply did not have. Clinton was one of nine cabinet members and department heads that sit on the CFIUS, and the secretary of the treasury is its chairperson. CFIUS members are collectively charged with evaluating the transaction for potential national security issues, then turning their findings over to the president. By law, the committee can’t veto a transaction; only the president can. According to The New York Times, Clinton may not have even directly participated in the Uranium One decision. Then-Assistant Secretary of State Jose Fernandez, whose job it was to represent the State Dept. on CFIUS, said Clinton herself “never intervened” in committee matters.

Of the $145 million allegedly contributed to the Clinton Foundation by Uranium One investors, the lion’s share — $131.3 million — came from a single donor, Frank Giustra, the company’s founder. But Giustra sold off his entire stake in the company in 2007, three years before the Russia deal and at least 18 months before Clinton became secretary of state.

Of the remaining individuals connected with Uranium One who donated to the Clinton Foundation, only one was found to have contributed during the same time frame that the deal was taking place, according to The New York Times — Ian Telfer, the company’s chairman. The timing of Telfer’s donations might be questionable if there was reason to believe that Hillary Clinton was instrumental in the approval of the deal with Russia, but all the evidence points to the contrary — that Clinton did not play a pivotal role, and, in fact, may not have played any role at all.
Old 02-18-2017, 11:39 AM   #246
johnhannibalsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
Come on, John he is getting a tremendous amount of work done. You can't even keep with it. Compare the time he spends on twitter to the time obama spent golfing. Trump is doing us all a favor by exposing a corrupt and incompetent press - the Fifth Estate has a vital role and a massive responsibility. That is why we specifically gave them constitutional protection. Up until now, the only checks and balances on the press have been other members of the press.
They grew into a monopoly and control the flow of information. Trump has created a check and balance.

no one on the left EVER had an issue with the continual attacks on FOX and Rush by OBama - they ALL cheered it.

The worm has turned.
I know it's a common theme here, but I'd just assume not compare 'the Greatest President in History' according to some with 'the Worst President in History' according to the same. But in seriousness, you know that I had and have a pretty low opinion of the Obama presidency. And many of the same things that I, and others at the time seemed to consider low points of that presidency, are now trumpeted as accomplishments and leadership. Obama was a narcissist for whining about his image on Fox, but Trump is doing something totally outrageous by turning the tables on CNN and NBC, et al. From here it just looks like more of the same. Energy and effort spent winding people up with silliness about crowd sizes and Don Lemon's guests and not just mentioning it but press conferences... I'm supposed to buy into this theory that he's apolitical and deathly serious about the business of running the country and he's tangled up in what some dildo said on CNN about him. Come on, this isn't some positive attribute.

-Robert James Smith, 1989
Old 03-05-2017, 07:14 PM   #247
maddog42

The credibility of Trump is rapidly approaching zero.
Old 03-05-2017, 07:25 PM   #248
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog42 View Post
To you, maybe.
That is a good thing.

Quote:
The worm has turned.

I know it's a common theme here, but I'd just assume not compare 'the Greatest President in History' according to some with 'the Worst President in History' according to the same.
John, I just saw your reply.
To clarify, I was NOT referring to you about big boy pants...just to the usual suspect, ir, the one right above me!
Old 03-05-2017, 07:40 PM   #249
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog42 View Post
Consider that the ACA is just weeks away from repeal, here is a guy who is making good on his campaign promises. We as a republic are functioning as as designed, this is going to be a better 4th of July.
Old 03-05-2017, 08:06 PM   #250
davew

I hope before or when he collapses he takes Soros and a big pile democrats with him.
Old 03-05-2017, 08:30 PM   #251
barn32
tmrpots

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
Consider that the ACA is just weeks away from repeal...
What dream world do you live in?
Old 03-05-2017, 08:49 PM   #252
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by barn32 View Post
What dream world do you live in?
Rand Paul said one or two weeks from now, this morning on some TV show.
Old 03-05-2017, 11:05 PM   #253
HalvOnHorseracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
Consider that the ACA is just weeks away from repeal, here is a guy who is making good on his campaign promises. We as a republic are functioning as as designed, this is going to be a better 4th of July.
The Easter Bunny is coming on about the same timeline. I anxiously await both of those events.
Old 03-05-2017, 11:08 PM   #254
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

You guys sound just like you did during the campaign...."no chance THAT is going to happen...." And we all know how that turned out...
Old 03-05-2017, 11:23 PM   #255
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless View Post
You could double up in Nov. 2018 betting against phony squaw but legitimately evil Elizabeth Warren. She's a goner, Phil, a sure loser.
i don't think she will get re-elected senator in mass. Ted Kennedy got to be rolling over in his grave now seeing her sit in the very same seat he occupied for most of his life.
Closed Thread