Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 11-07-2010, 12:44 PM   #1
Zippy Chippy

I can't deal with the lows of horse racing. Taking a break.

I remember the Belmont in 2004 I promised myself i would never allow myself to get so hyped up over a horse again. I was completely devastated and crushed about that race.. Still am. Fast forward 6 years and I am completely mesmerized by Zenyatta. Even name my puppy after her. I have been waiting for the BC Classic all year and to have it end so devastating like that? There will never be another moment like that again in our lifetime. I just take the losses too horribly. Everytime there is a huge race its always a let down for me. If Zenyatta won i would have never asked for anything again as far as sports moments.
Zippy Chippy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-07-2010, 12:46 PM   #2
andymays
Veteran

YouTube - Bobby McFerrin - Don't worry Be happy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yv-Fk1PwVeU

The highs are so high and the lows are so low. It's the sport we choose.

Last edited by andymays; 11-07-2010 at 12:47 PM.
andymays is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-07-2010, 12:48 PM   #3
Bullet Plane

She didn't let you down. She ran an incredible race and added to her reputation. Enjoy, heck she lost by the thinnest of margins to the big boys. You won't see many mares like this come along.
Bullet Plane is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-07-2010, 12:51 PM   #4
Greyfox

ABC's World of Sports used to open with

"The Thrill of Victory and the Agony of Defeat."

Technically Zenyatta lost the race.
Psychologically she won a lot of respect in that loss from many people.
The old saying:
"Never the cowboy that's never been throwed,
And never the horse that's never been rode," still holds. These fine animals are not machines. If the win were guaranteed, why would anyone bet. Horse racing needs upsets.

Similarly, the Moss family and John Shirreffs gained tremendous respect with the class that they showed in accepting the loss.

In all sports even the greatest get beaten. Rocky Marciano is the only heavy weight fighter that retired undefeated.
Be grateful you got to see a great race and a memorable moment.
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-07-2010, 12:52 PM   #5
cpitt84

I really feel for you, OP. I am experiencing the same thing and I really, really believed in Zenyatta. So often,I doubted her ability to get there. And yesterday, I told myself to believe. A huge let down and I am considering a break myself.
Old 11-07-2010, 12:53 PM   #6
andymays
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy Chippy
I remember the Belmont in 2004 I promised myself i would never allow myself to get so hyped up over a horse again. I was completely devastated and crushed about that race.. Still am. Fast forward 6 years and I am completely mesmerized by Zenyatta. Even name my puppy after her. I have been waiting for the BC Classic all year and to have it end so devastating like that? There will never be another moment like that again in our lifetime. I just take the losses too horribly. Everytime there is a huge race its always a let down for me. If Zenyatta won i would have never asked for anything again as far as sports moments.
Maybe another puppy is in order. Call him Blame.

When they're running around the house you can pretend you're calling the Classic as Trevor Denman.
andymays is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-07-2010, 12:55 PM   #7
Zippy Chippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by andymays
Maybe another puppy is in order. Call him Blame.

When they're running around the house you can pretend you're calling the Classic as Trevor Denman.
Im actually dealing w/ this better than Smarty. I have even watch replays and can't believe she made up all that ground. She is an incredible horse. Just so devastating thinking if she won it would have been one of the greatest races of all time. It still is a great race, but 20-0 would have been even more special.
Zippy Chippy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-07-2010, 01:22 PM   #8
cpitt84

Zippy, i tried to send you a PM but your mailbox is too full! Popular I see
Old 11-07-2010, 01:23 PM   #9
mountainman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy Chippy
Chin up little buckaroo. Take inspiration from your namesake. He could certainly deal with defeat.
mountainman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-07-2010, 01:45 PM   #10
cpitt84

This comical video on hitler and zenyatta may help:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1Yut...&feature=share
Old 11-07-2010, 01:51 PM   #11
badcompany

"I can't deal with the lows of horse racing. Taking a break."

I'll alert the media.

― Thomas Sowell
badcompany is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-07-2010, 01:55 PM   #12
JBmadera

I thinking all these folks are just pulling our collective legs, right? Otherwise several z freaks are seriously under medicated.

my all time favorite saying in this game "there's always fresh".

hell, charles town is running, let's get back to 'capping and see if we can pick the winner in the 3rd race.
JBmadera is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-07-2010, 02:45 PM   #13
trackrat59

Zippy:

Since when is it dissapointing when your favorite horse runs his/her heart out, gets beat inches at the wire by another monster, is one of two horses that took part in possibly the most exciting finish in a BC Classic, and ran such an incredible race that he/she won over a great nuimber of his/her doubters?

Check out all the Zen threads at various sites. She has numerous more fans today than she had on Friday.

I had a cat named Easy Goer and a bunny named Housebuster. Go hug little Zenyatta and give her a dog biscut for me.

A quote from the Secretariet move; Oh Happy Day!
Old 11-07-2010, 03:17 PM   #14
WJ47

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpitt84
This comical video on hitler and zenyatta may help:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1Yut...&feature=share
Holy crap! This is one of the funniest things I've ever seen! Thanks for posting it.

Zippy,
I know how you feel. Big Brown's humiliation in the Belmont Stakes destroyed my faith in racing. I can still feel the outrage of that day!

But I don't feel Zenyatta has anything to be ashamed of; I think her performance yesterday really silenced her critics (including me). I'm really impressed with her!
WJ47 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-07-2010, 03:19 PM   #15
cpitt84

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJ47
Holy crap! This is one of the funniest things I've ever seen! Thanks for posting it.

Zippy,
I know how you feel. Big Brown's humiliation in the Belmont Stakes destroyed my faith in racing. I can still feel the outrage of that day!

But I don't feel Zenyatta has anything to be ashamed of; I think her performance yesterday really silenced her critics (including me). I'm really impressed with her!
haha, I am glad you enjoyed it!! I really liked it and I truly think Hitler would have been a zenyatta fan...that video makes it so believable.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: