Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Contests + Other Interesting Racing Topics > 2012 PaceAdvantage Challenge Series, sponsored by RDSS > IdaBet.com Match Play Championship (September 19 - October 28)

Old 10-28-2012, 11:02 AM   #1
Red Knave
dGnr8

Finals

I didn't get a chance to post in the daily thread before it got closed.

I want to say thanks to the sponsors and also Jay Trotter and especially to Track Collector for getting and keeping this thing up and running. I had a blast.

Thanks and props to the other finalists too. We all appreciate what a grind it was and how much luck is involved to get to the end.

The takers get the honey, the givers sing the blues - Robin Trower, Too Rolling Stoned - 1974
Old 10-28-2012, 07:35 PM   #2
Aner

I also want to thank the Sponsors and the Administrators for an exciting contest.

This one had quite a different feel. I imagine once you are eliminated there is little further interest, but for those of us who were lucky enough to continue, the excitement just escalated. When there were 8 contestants left, I printed out every one's picks and followed the action race by race. I tried to anticipate what type of bets each one preferred and guess which opponents I thought would be weaker should we meet down the line. In short, I was fairly consumed with this "do or die" game.

Maybe there is too much dead time for those eliminated early but if you are lucky enough to hang in there, it is the most intense fun of all.

P.S. I never wanted to meet Red Knave in the finals and now I know why.
Old 10-28-2012, 07:52 PM   #3
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

So Red Knave takes down the whole enchilada...a big hearty congrats to him, and Aner and IK for finishing 1st, 2nd and 3rd respectively.

Which reminds me...I need to post the results of this contest on the home page, along with another contest or two I neglected...I think I'll name the piece, "Recent Contest Results" so it won't make me look too lazy...yeah..that's the ticket...

But seriously, CONGRATULATIONS RED KNAVE!!!
Old 10-28-2012, 07:54 PM   #4
Jay Trotter
CHEESEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
Which reminds me...I need to post the results of this contest on the home page, along with another contest or two I neglected...I think I'll name the piece, "Recent Contest Results" so it won't make me look too lazy...yeah..that's the ticket...
I was under the impression "Republicans" didn't need a kick in the arse to get things done!

Jim Schoenfeld
Old 10-28-2012, 08:02 PM   #5
Red Knave
dGnr8

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
You? Lazy? Maybe just too much to do.

Quote:
But seriously, CONGRATULATIONS RED KNAVE!!!
Thanks PA, much appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aner
P.S. I never wanted to meet Red Knave in the finals and now I know why.
After you put out my PAIHL partner IK 3 and 0 I didn't really want to meet you either.

The takers get the honey, the givers sing the blues - Robin Trower, Too Rolling Stoned - 1974
Old 10-28-2012, 08:02 PM   #6
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Congrats on a job well done Red Knave.
Old 10-28-2012, 10:33 PM   #7
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Red Knave, congratulations! Proud to know ya.
Old 10-29-2012, 11:01 AM   #8
TBred17Roan

Congrats Red Knave on the win. Not only was it a challenging contest it was great fun playing you. Nicely done. And thanks to the sponsors, Jay Trotter and Track Collector for making it all happen.

Last edited by TBred17Roan; 10-29-2012 at 11:02 AM.
Old 10-29-2012, 11:06 AM   #9
offtrack

Congrats to Red Knave. As his partner in a previous contest, I can say I knew him when....

And kudos to all the true believers that entered the contest.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: