Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 14 votes, 4.71 average.
Old 02-02-2005, 02:44 PM   #1
AQUEBUCKS
maximan

M Pizzolla's Master Magician

Has anyone out there used TMM? Any thoughts or feedback appreciated.
AQUEBUCKS is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-02-2005, 02:47 PM   #2
sq764
EIG

Yeah, there is a thread with like 7,000 responses in it.. check the search
sq764 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-02-2005, 02:58 PM   #3
kingfin66
Bombardier

TMM

Hi,

I and others have provided lots of posts in this forum. Search for posts by Blackgold, Cato, First_Place, kgonzalez, mhrussell and myself, kingfin66 for info.

Please feel free to e-mail me directly with questions. It would help if the questions are specific to the program. If you are just looking for general info, then I would suggest searching the forum.

Good luck.
Old 02-02-2005, 03:30 PM   #4
AQUEBUCKS
maximan

TMM

hello,
Been using TMM for about 6 months with mixed, but unusual results. Unusual being I've played some of the largest prices ever, with some logic, that I never would have played using the Ragozin or TG sheets. Beginners luck came early, sporadic at times, but SAT/29 at Gulf (million dollar race) was a pinnacle. Unchecked aberrancy, sorted by LASST and was enamored when the top three horses finished two/one/three. Prices were outrageous!!!! Who else shared this gift from the Gods?

Aquebucks
AQUEBUCKS is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-02-2005, 10:02 PM   #5
Blackgold

Big Scores

Some of my biggest scores came from boxing the top rankings in TMM. It's not always that easy, I often have to look carefully at each runner. But when it happens it's uncanny.

In big races like the Millions, TMM excels because every runner there is "going for it". . .so pace makes the race. . .whereas in most other races you've got to decipher trainer intent.

Keep learning and growing with the program. . . it will reward you.
Blackgold is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-03-2005, 11:19 AM   #6
hurrikane

Nice post Michael. LOL
hurrikane is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-08-2005, 05:02 AM   #7
First_Place

Blackgold is not Michael Pizzolla. Ha-ha...

FP
Old 02-08-2005, 06:30 AM   #8
hurrikane

I was thinking AQUBUCKS.
hurrikane is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-08-2005, 07:45 AM   #9
First_Place

Sorry.

FP
Old 02-08-2005, 11:02 AM   #10
kingfin66
Bombardier

Hey FP, where have you been? I was worried that PA may have given you the boot due to your, how do we say, small argument with another member who jumped into the TMM thread. PA assured me he didn't ban you. It's good to see you back posting.
Old 02-09-2005, 08:51 AM   #11
First_Place

No, not at all. PA is a good man. He didn't ban me, though I thought he might. So I took some time off and did like my mentor (Michael Pizzolla) does, whom I'll quote:

"Firstly, I don't usually participate in those discussions because of time constraints, and, frankly, there sometimes develops on these venues a contentious atmosphere--not surprising, after all, it is a subject on which people have very different opinions, and one that they feel passionate about. So, no criticism intended, it's just that I'd rather be handicapping."

Michael forgot to mention trolls.

However, once one becomes addicted to this messageboard, it's very hard to stay away from it for any length of time. So here I am.

Thanks for the kind words. It's good to know someone appreciates my contributions. I'll try doubly hard not to respond to agitators in the future. There's nothing positive to be gained from it.

Best regards,

FP
Old 02-11-2005, 12:29 AM   #12
ratpack

Does MM work better at certain types of tracks?

Does it prefer SA/Aqu or Mtn/Pha

Last edited by ratpack; 02-11-2005 at 12:31 AM.
ratpack is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-11-2005, 01:42 AM   #13
kingfin66
Bombardier

Excellent question Ratpack!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratpack
Does MM work better at certain types of tracks?

Does it prefer SA/Aqu or Mtn/Pha
This is something that I am still learning. I don't play as many tracks as a lot of people, but have found that TMM works better for me with certain tracks, than with others. In general, it tends to do worse with the 'chalky' tracks. I haven't had a lot of success at Santa Anita or Calder. I just started looking at Gulfstream this year. It has done well even if you exclude the previously mentioned big hit in the Sunshine Million race.

The tracks where I have had success are Hollywood (HUGE), Emerald Downs (my home track, have to wait for your race), Del Mar (must insist on price), Aqueduct-Main, Churchill Downs, and Belmont.

Tracks where I struggle with TMM are Calder, Santa Anita, Mountaineer (probably me more than TMM), Keeneland. Keep in mind, however, that I don't necessarily play these tracks a lot.

I would really like to hear what other TMM users have to say on this subject, so please, everybody chime in.

Last edited by kingfin66; 02-11-2005 at 01:43 AM. Reason: Need to add more
kingfin66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-11-2005, 11:28 AM   #14
JimL

success tracks

King, I have done well at Mountainer, Hoosier and Churchill. As a matter of fact it hurts me when Mountainer cancels due to track conditions! Any track with full fields is fine with me. No 5F turf sprints please!

Looking forward to your analysis of some Emerald, races. JimL
JimL is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-11-2005, 05:07 PM   #15
Blackgold

Tracks

Just when I think TMM isn't finding any juicy opportunities at a certain track, I hit for a big one.

I think the key, as always, is to look for opportunities and keep an open mind. Found several opportunities at CBY this summer, which I rarely play.

I often, rightly or wrongly, avoid PHA simply because when I was in Vegas in '93, probably before widespread simulcasting, none of the race books would take bets on PHA. . .and I was dismayed because I lived in Philly at the time and was a weekend warrior there.

However, with all the recent news out of NY. . . one has to wonder about how things work in the northeast. Wouldn't be surprised to see some type of horse racing storyline on an upcomming episode of "Growing Up Gotti."

But I digress. . .I've seen the track hits run in spurts. In '03 did a lot of business at MTN and in '04 didn't find that many opportunities, not even on the turf. Used to hit at Sammy H alot, but slim pickens now. And I used to write CRC totally off, but took over $4,500 out of a race there in Dec. on about $200 worth of tickets.

I often avoid SA because it's down to basically match races until they figure out the workmans' comp thing.

Again, if they are running somewhere, there is opportunity. Of course if you follow certain tracks closely you will know more about the trainers, how the track is playing, etc., etc.

I've just come off a week where it was one of those, "look at the board and wonder if you played the right track." But experience has taught me that soon after taking a beating some small box bet triggers multiple signers.

If there is any single issue I'd like to say about tracks- it's, look for large scores within the first two weeks of any meet because you'll have many runners competiting and coming from different tracks where the PPF rating will give you some big opportunities that the public just misses.

Good luck all!

Last edited by Blackgold; 02-11-2005 at 05:15 PM.
Blackgold is offline   Reply With Quote Reply