Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software

Old 08-02-2005, 11:49 AM   #16
JimL

I use TMM, and will continue to use it as long as I can get the files. With that said I remain disappointed that I would recieve such BS, from my software provider. JimL
JimL is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-02-2005, 12:30 PM   #17
joeyspicks

Its unfortunate that the "hype" type advertising is alive and well (and not just horse racing). 90% winners etc..... it just plays on the emotions for people who have been losing and are sincerely looking for a way to win. The thinking that "maybe THIS method, program, etc is the one that will do it for me"....the emotions are tugged and the credit card pulled out........

and another sale made...

the interesting thing is horse racing has some HIGH QUALITY products that do not resort to this type of manipulations:

HTR Ken Massa top notch.....no hype
HSH Dick Schmidt ditto
NetCapper Gordan Pine ditto

No need to manipulate, exaggerate claims etc.......REFRESHING !
joeyspicks is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-02-2005, 12:56 PM   #18
ryesteve

From my own experience, there was one upside to hype: I almost succumbed to one of those hard-sell sales pitches... but before I pulled the trigger, I decided to see what other options were out there... and my search led me to the kind of no-hype good stuff mentioned above. If I hadn't gotten hit by the hype, I never would've had a reason to initiate the search that led me elsewhere.

Last edited by ryesteve; 08-02-2005 at 12:58 PM.
ryesteve is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-02-2005, 01:15 PM   #19
shanta

[QUOTE=joeyspicks]
HTR Ken Massa top notch.....no hype
HSH Dick Schmidt ditto
NetCapper Gordan Pine ditto

No need to manipulate, exaggerate claims etc.......REFRESHING !:ThmbUp

You can add these 2 to the list also IMO

Speculator - Guy Wadsworth
JCapper - Jeff Platt

Richie
shanta is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-02-2005, 01:17 PM   #20
joeyspicks

agree!
joeyspicks is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-02-2005, 04:34 PM   #21
Vegas711

You are exactly rightEveryone who has been going through a rough time is vulnerable to this type of hype.

I am to a regular user of their downloads, hopefully postime says goodbye to this low class type of marketing. This sleazy type of marketing is what turned
me away from Dick Mitchels material.

Mike P. keep your good reputation, learn from this mistake.
Old 08-02-2005, 04:46 PM   #22
Buckeye
Smarty Pants

Why did he make me suffer for so long?

MP says "I'm one his best customers" and because of this, he's going to (finally?) help me . . .

Give me a break please.

I BOUGHT TEH
I bought TMH
I bought HM

Isn't that enough?

Just send it Mike for free since you like me so much.

He don't know me.
He don't like me.
He wants my money.

Any questions?
Buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-02-2005, 05:25 PM   #23
Vegas711

In DEFENCE of POSTIME

Should one blunder slam the reputation of a company? The answer is no!!!.
I have been dealing with I.T.S , now calling themselves Postime for atleast 3 years and I have delt with Mike P . for the last 13 years during this time I have viewed them as FIRST CLASS and I will continue to do so.

I have learned almost everything that I know of horse racing from them. The 3 day Las Vegas seminar which I have on tape featured Mike P. , Dick S. and Tom H.( 1991) was the best learning tapes ever produced. I also purchased several seminar tapes with MikeP. and Erick they delivered everything that they promised.

If I ever had a problem or a question all I had to do is phone them and they helped me.Their tech staff always has been caring and helpfull.

Look for Postime staff etc to return to their GRADE 1 CLASS, even the great
Cigar lost once.
Old 08-02-2005, 05:53 PM   #24
Buckeye
Smarty Pants

In my opinion, the energy is gone. His past stuff (friendly letters) had more interesting, better written "hype"

All water under the bridge as far as I'm concerned, but take it for what it's worth.

Here's another idea, don't believe me,

send Mike a few bucks.
Buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-02-2005, 06:13 PM   #25
BillW
Comfortably Numb

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyspicks
HSH Dick Schmidt ditto

Richie
That would be HSH - Dave Schwartz ( he gets at least 0.9 ditto )

Last edited by BillW; 08-02-2005 at 06:15 PM.
BillW is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-02-2005, 06:20 PM   #26
fraggle

How do you know it's all hype?? I know Dan Serra, and he's good people, and Michael P. has some really good stuff... I didn't get the letter but has anyone tried the software and know it's worthless? I say wait a month read the reviews and decide for yourself, don't listen to people that GAB at a "SALES" letter and call it bunk if they have never even seen the product....

Some people need a life, Dan and Michael have one....
fraggle is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-02-2005, 09:40 PM   #27
NY BRED
GARY

lemon drop kid

one of my big scores, which for the record:

on saturday morning of the belmont, tmc showed the movie,
the lemon drop kid starring bob hope

the race was won by ldk by a photo over vision and verse, with
herb castillo, cousin/or some relative of jose santos

charismatic broke down in the race, with chris antley sttempting to save the horse from being euthanized, holding its leg up from further injury.

chris antley was one of the greatest and coolest jockeys ever to ride in the
tri state who unfortunately succumbed to drugs and a questionable death
which cause, to this day has never been clear.
NY BRED is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-02-2005, 11:04 PM   #28
kingfin66
Bombardier

Quote:
Originally Posted by fraggle
How do you know it's all hype?? I know Dan Serra, and he's good people, and Michael P. has some really good stuff... I didn't get the letter but has anyone tried the software and know it's worthless? I say wait a month read the reviews and decide for yourself, don't listen to people that GAB at a "SALES" letter and call it bunk if they have never even seen the product....

Some people need a life, Dan and Michael have one....
fraggle,

You now have 2 posts on PA, both of which defend PostTime. If I didn't know better, I would think that you know the good (emphasis on good) folks at PostTime, or may even be one of them. That said, I absolutely agree what you wrote.

I received the sales letter today and it was very heavy on the hype. But guess what, it is a SALES letter. Sales letters are supposed to be heavy on the selling. I was really trying to avoid having to come on here and defend Pizzolla. Honestly, he doesn't really need me defending him, but for some reason people really seem to have a hard-on for the guy. What is it jealousy?

I too have been a customer of his for a few years now. I have bought lots of stuff from him - the book, the lesser software the Mega Package and many pp files. Oh yeah, I went to a seminar too. Am I a sucker? You can all make your own judgments. Maybe I win stupid, but at least I win. My feeling has always been that I have got more than I paid for. Of course, I took the time to learn how use the concepts, ratings, software, etc.

Now, I have been pissed about the PostTime site being down several times over the past few weeks and voiced it on this site. This, however, has nothing to do with a personal opinion about Pizzolla, it is a fact based comment. Some of you, have dealt with him and are entitled to your opinions about him personally and his products.

Back to the letter and the products. Is it a piece of crap product? Maybe. Maybe not. The letter said that it hasn't been released yet, so how would anybody be able to form an honest opinion? My initial feeling about the software is that it is overpriced at the $697. Time will tell. Does the letter make lots of outlandish claims? You bet it does. Next time, Michael should definitely send a letter that says, "Check out all these $8.40 winners!" Yeah, that's the ticket.

Buckeye, I think that you and NoDayJob are basically trolls on this board. Neither of you ever offer anything except brief slams. Buckeye, you in particular seem to be fixated on Pizzolla. I guess, if you buy several products from him and still can't win, then you wouldn't like him. Should of asked for the refund.

Andicap, I was a little surprised by your post...the whole journalist integrity thing...have the facts first. Instead, sarcasmn and cynicism spewed from your keyboard.

Finally, I agree that the letter was probably over the top on the hype. The only thing that I can see that was promised is that people would like it. Oh yeah, and the second promise was that if you don't like, you can return it, no questions asked. Anybody that has ever dealt with the folks at PostTime, probably even somebody as hell bent against Pizzolla as Buckeye, would know that their guarantee is legit.
Old 08-02-2005, 11:17 PM   #29
ratpack

As far as over the top hype RPM still has that title.

Last edited by ratpack; 08-02-2005 at 11:19 PM.
ratpack is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-02-2005, 11:24 PM   #30
Terry Riggs

Wink

Aren't you tired of it, you can'nt do it, you're too small, too slow,too whatever.

Some do!
Some don't!
So what!
Next!!

The solution is in your hands. Or minds.

No disrespect to anyone, you decide.

Terry
Terry Riggs is offline   Reply With Quote Reply