Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Library

Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2016, 05:05 PM   #1
Racey
Mamma Kimbo

Pandy power pace book

Anybody order the new book yet ?....any reviews please post.
Old 08-31-2016, 06:40 PM   #2
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racey

I haven't yet....didn't know it was already for sale. Supposed to be a small software program that comes with it.
Old 08-31-2016, 07:42 PM   #3
jk3521
Registered Loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racey
It's supposed to be in the mail tomorrow.
Old 08-31-2016, 07:49 PM   #4
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

POWER PACE HANDICAPPING BOOK and software program - 59.99 plus $4.99 shipping

Hey Pandy, How about a discount for us PA members? What's the price of the book, just by itself? I don't need the software....
Old 08-31-2016, 07:58 PM   #5
jk3521
Registered Loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall

Hey Pandy, How about a discount for us PA members? What's the price of the book, just by itself? I don't need the software....
I'm actually hoping that the software will do the work for me. My attention span is waning.
Old 08-31-2016, 08:07 PM   #6
pandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall

Thanks for the interest. I priced the book based on how valuable I thought the information was. Even without the software that comes with it I was going to charge $59.99 or more. It's more expensive than my other books because of the testing that I've done, and my own betting. And it was a lot of work. Good stuff doesn't come easy.

I wish I had something like this when I first started betting horses over forty years ago. It would have saved me years and thousands of hours of handicapping. Anyone who uses the methodology in the book to find spot plays will be light years ahead of the vast majority of bettors. If you play the tournaments, and haven't had much success, this will make you a contender.

Last edited by pandy; 08-31-2016 at 08:08 PM.
Old 08-31-2016, 08:23 PM   #7
jk3521
Registered Loser

Combine Pace View by NorCalGreg and the Power Pace By Pandy and you've got it all ! It'll be interesting to try to get them to work together. I've got lots of time. Not much money, but lots of time.

Last edited by jk3521; 08-31-2016 at 08:28 PM.
Old 08-31-2016, 09:23 PM   #8
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

"It's more expensive than my other books because of the testing that I've done, and my own betting."

That just struck me as funny, pandy Wish I could pass on my losing bets to the price of my software!

Last edited by NorCalGreg; 08-31-2016 at 09:26 PM.
Old 08-31-2016, 09:38 PM   #9
pandy

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGreg
"It's more expensive than my other books because of the testing that I've done, and my own betting."

That just struck me as funny, pandy Wish I could pass on my losing bets to the price of my software!

Ha ha...of course, it was because I was winning.
Old 08-31-2016, 09:56 PM   #10
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandy
Ha ha...of course, it was because I was winning.
If you've priced this book at $60 because you were winning...then your other systems must have been sold at a much lesser price because you were losing...no?
Old 08-31-2016, 10:09 PM   #11
pandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos
If you've priced this book at $60 because you were winning...then your other systems must have been sold at a much lesser price because you were losing...no?
Why doesn't your post surprise me?
Old 08-31-2016, 10:25 PM   #12
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandy
Why doesn't your post surprise me?
Because you know that I am not a guy who believes that someone who is having great success using a handicapping method would ever put it up for sale...at ANY price.
Old 08-31-2016, 10:44 PM   #13
pandy

When I was a young man working at Sports Eye , a gentleman named Rich Flanagan called me and asked to meet. We met and he showed me ledgers of statistics going back several years comparing every public handicapper who handicapped NY harness races, and showing that I was the only one who had profitable picks. And of course, that was why I had a huge following and was able to go into business a year later. And yes, I was winning consistently with my own betting.

I guess I could have quit the business and kept those picks and my knowledge and perspectives to myself. I'm glad I didn't. This career has been a dream come true. I've met thousands of horseplayers, plus many wonderful people in the business including some of the finest handicappers in the country, been on television and radio many times, been published in three countries on two continents. Right now a gentleman from Sweden is translating one of my books for publication in Europe.

Publishers and editors contact me asking me to provide picks or do other work for them. I get paid to watch horse races and I supplement that income with my wagers. I think I made a wise decision, and I certainly don't have any regrets.

Last edited by pandy; 08-31-2016 at 10:46 PM.
Old 08-31-2016, 10:57 PM   #14
thaskalos

You said that you priced your latest book at $60 because a lot of work went into it...and you've had great success using the method in your own betting. Is it unfair to ask a system-seller why he is selling a highly profitable method to the general public? If it is...then I apologize.
Old 08-31-2016, 11:11 PM   #15
pandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos
You said that you priced your latest book at $60 because a lot of work went into it...and you've had great success using the method in your own betting. Is it unfair to ask a system-seller why he is selling a highly profitable method to the general public? If it is...then I apologize.
No, I guess not. I guess some people find this hard to believe, but I actually like helping people enjoy the sport more. I love horseracing and I like to see people win. I know that cynics think that if you sell a winning method that it won't work anymore. I win consistently with my Pro Simulcast spot play method and so do many people who bought it. I sold it way too cheap when I came out with it years ago, but that was before I did a lot of testing and after it came out a gentleman ran the basic rules through his huge computer database of results, years of results, and he was shocked to find that it broke even on flat win bets, even without implementing all of the rules (which couldn't be programmed into the test). Pro Simulcast was the best spot play method that has ever been published. Until now, Power Pace is better. And I don't have to worry about the payoffs dropping. If I sold this in 1980 it would have sold thousands of copies. Now there aren't enough horse players to generate a huge amount of sales, and I don't advertise, anyway.

And, by the way, I posted the picks for Power Pace on my website for months, live testing, and I bet every one of them, and it did show a profit. Live testing for everyone to see. No one else does that.

Oh, and by the way, those tests picks, I never looked at the past performances. I used nothing but pace figures.

Last edited by pandy; 08-31-2016 at 11:16 PM.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: