Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 11-01-2018, 03:35 PM   #121
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Thursday Night Football rears its ugly head again and I do mean ugly as Oakland Raiders have a "road" game against the San Francisco 49ers.The Raiders are 1-6 and the 49ers are at 1-7.That's a 2-13 combined record for the arithmetically challenged.And they are also the two worst teams in the leauge against the spread(4-11 combined)Bookies should drop the vig if their customers bet on this game.You've heard of the Super Bowl?This is the Pooper Bowl..Hey folks, don't forget to tip your waitress.

The line as I write this is SF by 2 1/2 with an O/U of 45.I'll take the Raiders and the under.Oakland is a better team.Jon Gruden's tenure has been a big disappointment so far;I thought giving him Bellichik type money without the Bellichik resume was a huge mistake.Still this team has put points on the board but they traded away Amari Cooper this week and Marshawn Lynch is on injured reserve .For the 49ers,there's a good chance the 49ers may have to start someone named Nate Mullens at QB tonight.I never heard of him either.That's why I'm going with the under.

YTD 7-8-1 (Win 3-4-1, 4-4 O/U)

Fleetwood Mac, Oh Well, Part 1 (1969)
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-01-2018, 09:54 PM   #122
Marshall Bennett

Bay area bullshit warmed over. I'll pass and likely won't watch either.
Should be blacked out everywhere but California.
Marshall Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-02-2018, 08:46 AM   #123
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Quote:
Originally Posted by barahona44 View Post
Thursday Night Football rears its ugly head again and I do mean ugly as Oakland Raiders have a "road" game against the San Francisco 49ers.The Raiders are 1-6 and the 49ers are at 1-7.That's a 2-13 combined record for the arithmetically challenged.And they are also the two worst teams in the leauge against the spread(4-11 combined)Bookies should drop the vig if their customers bet on this game.You've heard of the Super Bowl?This is the Pooper Bowl..Hey folks, don't forget to tip your waitress.

The line as I write this is SF by 2 1/2 with an O/U of 45.I'll take the Raiders and the under.Oakland is a better team.Jon Gruden's tenure has been a big disappointment so far;I thought giving him Bellichik type money without the Bellichik resume was a huge mistake.Still this team has put points on the board but they traded away Amari Cooper this week and Marshawn Lynch is on injured reserve .For the 49ers,there's a good chance the 49ers may have to start someone named Nate Mullens at QB tonight.I never heard of him either.That's why I'm going with the under.

YTD 7-8-1 (Win 3-4-1, 4-4 O/U)
The 49ers were supposed to be a dark horse playoff team this year but have been crapping the bed all year.So NOW they decide to play well.Well at least I got the under.Last year I went 19-9-2 on Thursday;now I've already matched the 9 losses (a 2nd ).Have to be impressed with 49er rookie QB Nick(not Nate) Mullens who had never taken a regular season snap before and had one of the best debuts in NFL history(151.8 passer rating).It helps to play the Raiders;Chucky's return to Oakland has been a 4 alarm disaster.There has to be major buyer remorse in Raider Nation..

YTD. 8-9-1 (Win 3-5-1, O/U 5-4)

Last edited by barahona44; 11-02-2018 at 08:53 AM.
Old 11-02-2018, 09:16 AM   #124
CheckMark

NFL WEEK 9 BEST PLAYS, MY SPREADS AND TOTALS

49ers over Raiders -3/30 Spread, Total(I think)
Redskins over Falcons -1.5/48
Vikings over Lions -5/49
Chiefs over Browns -8.5/51
Dolphins over Jets -3/44

MNF Pick
Cowboys over Titans -5.5/40

CheckMark is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-04-2018, 12:46 PM   #125
barahona44

Week 9 Sunday
Saints(+1 1/2) vs. Rams.Rams on the road have a great offense but defense has been giving up a lot of points.Saints can score in bunches too; home dog too tempting to pass up.

Patriots (-5 1/2) vs. Packers.Rodgers, IMHO, is the most talented QB I've ever seen but he's a one man band.Disappointing loss to the Rams AND a cross country trip don't bode well for the Cheeseheads.Line started at -7 for the Pats.It always amazes me how much the hatred for New England causes bettors to go against them every week.Betting with your heart can be negative too.

Texans (+1) at Broncos Denver traded their best receiver Demarious Thomas to Houston last week, signaling they're giving up.Case Keenum has regressed to the journeyman he's always been; Deshaun Watson coming back nicely from his injury.

YTD 12-11

Old 11-04-2018, 04:37 PM   #126
CheckMark

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheckMark View Post
NFL WEEK 9 BEST PLAYS, MY SPREADS AND TOTALS

49ers over Raiders -3/30 Spread, Total(I think)
Redskins over Falcons -1.5/48 Pick for spread and Total
Vikings over Lions -5/49 Spread and total
Chiefs over Browns -8.5/51 Spread and total
Dolphins over Jets -3/44 Spread and total(was 19)

MNF Pick
Cowboys over Titans -5.5/40

UPDATED
Old 11-05-2018, 08:03 AM   #127
barahona44

Quote:
Week 9 Sunday
Saints(+1 1/2) vs. Rams.Rams on the road have a great offense but defense has been giving up a lot of points.Saints can score in bunches too; home dog too tempting to pass up.

Patriots (-5 1/2) vs. Packers.Rodgers, IMHO, is the most talented QB I've ever seen but he's a one man band.Disappointing loss to the Rams AND a cross country trip don't bode well for the Cheeseheads.Line started at -7 for the Pats.It always amazes me how much the hatred for New England causes bettors to go against them every week.Betting with your heart can be negative too.

Texans (+1) at Broncos Denver traded their best receiver Demarious Thomas to Houston last week, signaling they're giving up.Case Keenum has regressed to the journeyman he's always been; Deshaun Watson coming back nicely from his injury.

YTD 12-11
3-0 yesterday.Yay me.

YTD. 15-11

Old 11-06-2018, 03:02 PM   #128
Marshall Bennett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Bennett View Post
Bills +10
Texans +1.5
Chargers +2
Titans +6.5
Bills +10
Texans +1.5
Chargers +2
Titans +6.5

Year : 15-6
Old 11-08-2018, 10:06 AM   #129
Marshall Bennett

Week 10

Panthers +4
Falcons -4
Lions +6.5
Old 11-08-2018, 01:28 PM   #130
CheckMark

Week 10 BEST BETS PICK/MY SPREAD (no totals since I suck at that)

ATL over CLE/ -5
TB over WAS/ -3
SF over NYG/ -3

Not sure what my record is since I started doing this but...
Old 11-08-2018, 01:32 PM   #131
CheckMark

MNF Pick
Cowboys over Titans -5.5/40 Spread and Total
Old 11-08-2018, 07:06 PM   #132
barahona44

Tonight's Thursday Night game is definiely the best match up so far this season with the Carolina Panthers traveling to the Steel City to take on the Pittsburgh Steelers.The number as I write this is Pittsburgh as a 3 1/2 point favorite ,down from an opening 7.The over/under is 51.This should be a close game and I will take the over and the Steelers.The Panthers have been flying under the radar this year.Cam Newton is doing more by doing less.Christian McCaffrey has rebounded from a blah rookie year to become one of the top dual threat RB's in the game.But the Steelers-my preseason pick to get to the Super Bowl- have a lot of weapons.James Conner-a cancer survivor no less-has made Pittsburgh say "Leveon who"?And of course Big Ben is still Big Ben.Leveon Bell, btw, has to report to the Steelers by Tuesday or he can't be a free agent next year.Should be interesting.

Old 11-09-2018, 12:01 AM   #133
barahona44

Quote:
Tonight's Thursday Night game is definiely the best match up so far this season with the Carolina Panthers traveling to the Steel City to take on the Pittsburgh Steelers.The number as I write this is Pittsburgh as a 3 1/2 point favorite ,down from an opening 7.The over/under is 51.This should be a close game and I will take the over and the Steelers.The Panthers have been flying under the radar this year.Cam Newton is doing more by doing less.Christian McCaffrey has rebounded from a blah rookie year to become one of the top dual threat RB's in the game.But the Steelers-my preseason pick to get to the Super Bowl- have a lot of weapons.James Conner-a cancer survivor no less-has made Pittsburgh say "Leveon who"?And of course Big Ben is still Big Ben.Leveon Bell, btw, has to report to the Steelers by Tuesday or he can't be a free agent next year.Should be interesting.

Thorough domination by Pittsburgh tonight. the game was over pretty early. Cam looked shell shocked.The Panthers are a good, balanced team but not tonight. Got the win and the over.

YTD 10-9-1 (Win 4-5-1, O/U 6-4)

Old 11-09-2018, 10:48 PM   #134
MutuelClerk

Haven't lost a game this season.

Haven't bet a game this season.

I'm betting the Bengals on the moneyline Sunday.
MutuelClerk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-11-2018, 01:28 PM   #135
barahona44

Doing a million things around the casa today forgot to put my predictions down and the 1:00 games have already started. And I really liked the Saints,Falcons and Jaguars today. The late games it is.

Miami (+10 1/2) over the Packers. Lotta points,even at home.

Chargers (-10) over the Raiders. The soap opera that is Chucky continues. Just tank, baby!

Eagles (-7 1/2) over the Cowboys. How long is America'sTeam going to remain America's
Team if they keep losing.

YTD on Sunday 15-11