Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 1.00 average.
Old 01-19-2019, 11:21 AM   #511
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadk66 View Post
I don’t give a rats ass about polling. Didn’t you learn anything from the last presidential election
Well... Politicians do...

So its kinda irrelevant what you think.

Its interesting Trump supporters never give a "rats ass" about the negative stuff...

Last edited by elysiantraveller; 01-19-2019 at 11:23 AM.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-19-2019, 11:27 AM   #512
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
How are Trump's polling numbers doing during this shutdown?

The one, according to his supporters here, the majority of Americans are with him on?
His numbers with the Hispanic group has gone way up to over 50% positive. I guess they realize that these intruders are going after the same jobs they have and keep the pay low.

chadk66, since your wife is on furlough and not getting paid, after the government gets restarted and all furloughed employees get all their back pay, does it then become paid vacation?
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-19-2019, 11:54 AM   #513
elysiantraveller

So after a month of shutdown and dragging everyone across the coals with him he's now going to suggest the EXACT thing Pence, Graham, Kushner, McConnell, Mulvaney, and everybody else has been suggesting?

The one he has shat on for a month?

If that's not negotiating from a position of strength folks...
Old 01-19-2019, 12:00 PM   #514
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless View Post

Do you now believe Trump did not deliver on returning long-gone manufacturing jobs back to those states? Do you think he did not get the economy roaring since election day so those 'blue' states would benefit?
The manufacturing jobs that were totally eliminated over the last twenty years are not coming back. Most (85%) were lost to automation, the rest (15%) went off-shore.

The jobs of those manufacturing workers that were laid off because of the recession have been coming back. The recession officially ended in June of 2009. The economy has been growing ever since then, even under Obama. Proving once again that the president has less influence on the economy than most people think.

Trump inherited an economy that had been growing for 7 years. The rate of growth increased some after the election simply because a Republican in the White House increased business confidence, not because of anything he did.
Old 01-19-2019, 12:17 PM   #515
chadk66

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
His numbers with the Hispanic group has gone way up to over 50% positive. I guess they realize that these intruders are going after the same jobs they have and keep the pay low.

chadk66, since your wife is on furlough and not getting paid, after the government gets restarted and all furloughed employees get all their back pay, does it then become paid vacation?
yes sir it does lol. She’s not complaining believe me
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-19-2019, 12:19 PM   #516
chadk66

Quote:
So after a month of shutdown and dragging everyone across the coals with him he's now going to suggest the EXACT thing Pence, Graham, Kushner, McConnell, Mulvaney, and everybody else has been suggesting?

The one he has shat on for a month?

https://twitter.com/JDiamond1/status...53314115293186

If that's not negotiating from a position of strength folks...
Id say that’s negotiating. You didn’t possibly think this was ever gonna be resolved by one side completely caving in for nothing did you. I surely hope that isn’t the case or I would consider out to lunch
Old 01-19-2019, 12:26 PM   #517
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Id say that’s negotiating. You didn’t possibly think this was ever gonna be resolved by one side completely caving in for nothing did you. I surely hope that isn’t the case or I would consider out to lunch
No...

I've been saying since it started that if you want something you need to give something in return. After a month of negotiating with his OWN PEOPLE it appears he might finally be willing to take that approach.

This is what they've been trying to convince him to do for a month.

Remember Mr. "Bye Bye"?

You call this negotiating? Who the hell has he been negotiating this with? It isn't the Democrats... its taken the idiot this long to finally put something on the table.

Last edited by elysiantraveller; 01-19-2019 at 12:29 PM.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-19-2019, 12:38 PM   #518
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
The manufacturing jobs that were totally eliminated over the last twenty years are not coming back. Most (85%) were lost to automation, the rest (15%) went off-shore.

The jobs of those manufacturing workers that were laid off because of the recession have been coming back. The recession officially ended in June of 2009. The economy has been growing ever since then, even under Obama. Proving once again that the president has less influence on the economy than most people think.

Trump inherited an economy that had been growing for 7 years. The rate of growth increased some after the election simply because a Republican in the White House increased business confidence, not because of anything he did.
Obama's GDP/economy grew on average of under 2 per cent per year. This on top of the 'worst recession since the Great Depression' era of G.W. Bush, said Barry Obama.

How come so many --millions-- of citizens remained unemployed under Obama, especially since the recession 'ended'. He still had almost his entire 8 years as President to ramp up the economy and get people working again since the recession ended. Yet no jobs growth or GDP growth nearly as robust as what Trump's done -- in his 2+ years, no less!

By saying Trump inherited a growing economy is patently ridiculous and on the cusp on simple lunacy.

We know that all you guys --so consistently wrong for too many years now-- are forever clucking trying to save face. But it doesn't work. You guys lost your argument; lost your credibility, and now, lost your minds. (c)

The article centered on manufacturing jobs -- are they the same manufacturing jobs you said will never return??
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-19-2019, 12:48 PM   #519
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Obama's GDP/economy grew on average of under 2 per cent per year.
Quote:
By saying Trump inherited a growing economy is patently ridiculous and on the cusp on simple lunacy.
Reconcile these two statements... made in the same post...
Old 01-19-2019, 12:49 PM   #520
tucker6

Quote:
No...

I've been saying since it started that if you want something you need to give something in return. After a month of negotiating with his OWN PEOPLE it appears he might finally be willing to take that approach.

Remember Mr. "Bye Bye"?

You call this negotiating? Who the hell has he been negotiating this with? It isn't the Democrats... its taken the idiot this long to finally put something on the table.
Clueless as usual. Your post doesn't warrant any more insight.
tucker6 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-19-2019, 01:30 PM   #521
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
Clueless as usual. Your post doesn't warrant any more insight.
Thanks for your contribution...

This was 20 days ago dude:

What's changed other than the President's mind and in mirroring that... your own?

Your shit's weak. Come stronger next time fan boi...
Old 01-19-2019, 01:34 PM   #522
chadk66

Quote:
No...

Remember Mr. "Bye Bye"?

But your claim has always been he won’t get the wall. Your pulling that back now?
Old 01-19-2019, 01:38 PM   #523
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
But your claim has always been he won’t get the wall. Your pulling that back now?
If all this is true, getting only $5.7B for all the immigration concessions to the Democrats hardly rings as successful negotiating to me...sounds like Dems would be the big winners here.

5.7B is nothing...
Old 01-19-2019, 01:49 PM   #524
elysiantraveller

Quote:
I mean if I was a Democrat and Trump was offering Amnesty/Citizenship for $5 billion I think you'd be pretty ****ing stupid not to take it...

I doubt that is what is being offered today.

If it is I think most people would say he lost the battle... even those in his own party... the fact he is negotiating now over the same points that were suggested weeks ago is an indication he's lost this fight.

Its pretty obvious you care more about me being wrong than actually anything else though... that's cute.
Old 01-19-2019, 01:56 PM   #525
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
If all this is true, getting only $5.7B for all the immigration concessions to the Democrats hardly rings as successful negotiating to me...sounds like Dems would be the big winners here.

5.7B is nothing...
Its a fight he should have never picked right now.

If he's so sure the courts are going to back him on DACA just wait until they do then go to the mat with the Democrats then... when you actually have leverage...

Instead today he's going to trot out the talking points his OWN PARTY has been trying to get him to use for weeks and his supporters think its just #artofthedeal.

Jokes.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: