Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 07-21-2019, 01:38 PM   #76
Redboard
$2 Showbettor

Beautiful day here with a steady breeze. Not hot at all. Life doesnt get any better.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190721_132813.jpg (521.6 KB, 21 views)
Redboard is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-24-2019, 08:38 AM   #77
Redboard
$2 Showbettor

Wednesday morning

Beautiful sunny morning here. It rained all day Monday and also yesterday morning, but with 24 hours to dry out, the track and turf should be fast and firm. Couldn't ask for better weather, with six out of ten races scheduled for the turf(3 on inner, 3 on outer), they should all stay there, knock on wood. We'll know in a few hours.
A few thoughts on the first four races.

Race 1 : Over 2 mile stakes jumper race.
Elucidation 8-1
Has two wins in nine lifetime starts both of which were jumpers. The other seven were flat races with the last being a third-place finish at Parx earlier this month. Not bad for his first start of the year.

Race 2 : Statebred 7 furlong MSW on the dirt for 3YrOlds.
Luna's In Charge 12-1
Got out to the lead in his last race before fading half way through. Should be in front this time too, whether he holds on is anyone's guess.

Race 3 : Statebred MSW 8.5 furlongs on the turf. Field of nine with six being fist time starters. A real crapshoot.
Appolo Abraxax 20-1
The only one of the three non-fts that has some experience on turf. Bombed seven days ago here, in the slop in a sprint race that was taken off the turf. Race before that was 6 furlongs on the turf that wasn't a bad effort.

Race 4 : 9.5f outer turf N3x.
Can't see both favorites( & ) being beat here. These two are deep closers that the condition of the turf should suit, with all the rain recently. Should be an exciting stretch run.

I'll wait for the scratches to come out before going any further.

Last edited by Redboard; 07-24-2019 at 08:40 AM.
Old 07-25-2019, 05:01 PM   #78
Suff
Beat up 💪

Steady Hands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suff View Post
Channel Maker. 49.3

Nailed it.
Suff is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-26-2019, 10:27 PM   #79
kingfin66
Bombardier

I too had a chance to take in the races at Saratoga last week. Fortunately, I attended on Friday, July 19th. It was hot and sunny, but okay to deal with. Fortunately, I found the vodka stand shortly after entering and was able to stay cool all day long. I almost missed the trip due to some travel hassles, including an overnight stay in the Detroit airport. For those of you who have had to sleep in an airport, you know what I mean. For those who haven't, I cannot recommend it!

I arrived in Albany, NY where I was staying for the weekend just in time to watch the air conditioned bus that my wife and I were to be on pulling away from the hotel. Just as I was contemplating how much an Uber would cost from Albany to Saratoga, a very nice couple from Seattle offered to drive my wife and I to the track as they were going to check out the lovely town that is Saratoga Springs. Fate can be a great thing! Actually, it was not that random finding a fan from Seattle at the hotel because pretty much all of us were from Seattle as we were going to Cooperstown to celebrate Edgar Martinez day...err, the Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony as it is also known.

I had done a bit of handicapping prior to departure on the airplane, so with printouts in hand, we attacked Saratoga. Handicapping and betting aside, Saratoga is a very special place as is the racing hall of fame which I was fortunate to visit on a very rainy Monday. We got a table on the Patio near the track, so at least we were out of the sun. They were generous to put us trackside despite not having a reservation, but we were also very generous to the host in consideration of our request.

The beauty of upstate New York is spectacular. It is so green even in the summer. I definitely learned that the reason for this is because it rains. It rains a lot, and it rains HARD. And it thunders, AND lightnings too. The light show that we saw on Saturday night on our way back from Cooperstown may have been the most impressive one I have seen in my 53 years.

I took some pictures of the track and lots of pictures of the Hall of Fame (both baseball and racing). Unfortunately, I suck at posting them so I can't share. There are many of you who I know would be willing to help, but it really is not the bother. I would still not get it.

Bottom line, if you are thinking about going to Saratoga, DO IT. You won't be sorry. Keeneland is the next one I hope to cross of the list. I have a sister in law in Lexington, so we can undoubtedly tie it to a family visit.

Be well Pace Advantage and goodbye.

kingfin66
Old 07-27-2019, 12:20 PM   #80
Redboard
$2 Showbettor

One of the things I always do when visiting Saratoga Springs, is have a drink at the bar at the Adelphia hotel. The entire ground floor is free for the public to roam which includes the bar and the Aldelphia gardens in the back - the hotel rooms start on the second floor.
Went there yesterday and had one of their famous offerings – this time the Adelphia Manhattan. They use special bitters in many of their drinks that explode in your mouth, it tasted nothing like a standard Manhatten.
It's been seven years since I've been at the Adelphia. It was closed from 2012-2017 for renovations and I haven't been vacationing in Saratoga Springs for a few years.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Adelphia01.jpg (111.3 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg Adelphia02.jpg (124.5 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg Adelphia03.jpg (147.4 KB, 16 views)
Old 07-27-2019, 08:07 PM   #81
Redboard
$2 Showbettor

Where did all these people come from? The first days here were relatively peaceful, but today it's packed. Party atmosphere.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190727_162041.jpg (599.2 KB, 21 views)
Old 08-01-2019, 06:27 PM   #82
Redboard
$2 Showbettor

Last night in Saratoga. Shakesphere in Congress park. Only one of four U.S. acting companies that perform for free in a public park. They're doing King Lear.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190801_181137.jpg (570.2 KB, 10 views)