Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 09-12-2022, 01:15 PM   #1
46zilzal
velocitician

Lots of surprises

The NFC West, usually a powerhouse, MAY wind up 0 for 4 after tonight's battle.

What happened to Green Bay? the Titans?

I'll bet many in the fantasy football leagues are scratching their collective heads today.
Old 09-12-2022, 01:19 PM   #2
Inner Dirt

Didn't Green Bay start last year getting thumped in the first game?
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-12-2022, 03:42 PM   #3
CheckMark

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46zilzal View Post

I'll bet many in the fantasy football leagues are scratching their collective heads today.
Titans should have won that game easy

Came home from work seeing my bet on the Titans-5 winning 20-13 which was nice thinking on being 2-0 opening weekend in the NFL

Hopped in the shower and then came out a few minutes later to see my best lost with the Giants winning 21-20!!! How could they do that in so little time?

That was a bad beat but at least the Dolphins ml came thru or else I would be going to bed early if they would have lost too

Shake off the losses and look forward to next week!

PS: Please God let the Seahawks have a fighting chance tonight I don't want them to be embarrassed vs Russ homecoming
Old 09-12-2022, 03:57 PM   #4
lamboguy

Quote:

i would go for the 0/4!
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-13-2022, 01:52 AM   #5
46zilzal
velocitician

Fumble thumbs give it away
Old 09-13-2022, 08:50 AM   #6
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Fumble thumbs give it away

I think a lot of what we saw over the weekend was the result of starters getting little or no playing time in the preseason and the fact they have cut way down on live drills in practice that simulate game action. There were a lot of fumbles and passes broken up by contact that are normally completed catches.
Old 09-13-2022, 12:22 PM   #7
46zilzal
velocitician

Two things 1) why did the Denver coach calll all those time outs when all Seattle had to do was hike the ball? The game was over then.

2) Having watched Wilson throw accuately deep OFTEN, I would NOT have had the field goal kicker be forced to try a distance he had never even attempted, but let Wilson chuck it deep for a lucky Hail Mary..There was a better chance the latter could have happened.
Old 09-13-2022, 12:48 PM   #8
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Two things 1) why did the Denver coach calll all those time outs when all Seattle had to do was hike the ball? The game was over then.

2) Having watched Wilson throw accuately deep OFTEN, I would NOT have had the field goal kicker be forced to try a distance he had never even attempted, but let Wilson chuck it deep for a lucky Hail Mary..There was a better chance the latter could have happened.

Definitely a what the hell to the way the end of the game was played, they were acting like a 64 yard field goal was a gimme.
Old 09-13-2022, 11:34 PM   #9
proximity

Quote:

on point #1 i actually questioned why seattle challenged the (admittedly questionable) spot earlier in the drive? it seemed that the odds of both winning the challenge AND then stopping denver on 4th and two centimeters weren't worth a timeout that could be crucial to respond to a denver fg? although as it played out, denver took forever to even cross midfield, so....

on point # 2 the odds of picking up the 4th and 5 and then making a 50 something yard fg were probably much better than the odds of a 64 yarder, although (outside of the colts) these kickers today are pretty amazing.....
proximity is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-14-2022, 10:53 AM   #10
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by proximity View Post
on point #1 i actually questioned why seattle challenged the (admittedly questionable) spot earlier in the drive? it seemed that the odds of both winning the challenge AND then stopping denver on 4th and two centimeters weren't worth a timeout that could be crucial to respond to a denver fg? although as it played out, denver took forever to even cross midfield, so....

on point # 2 the odds of picking up the 4th and 5 and then making a 50 something yard fg were probably much better than the odds of a 64 yarder, although (outside of the colts) these kickers today are pretty amazing.....

I wonder what changed? Punters these days also pull off some booming kicks when needed at a rate never seen before.
Old 09-14-2022, 03:02 PM   #11
delfman

Quote:
Originally Posted by proximity View Post

the spot was fine. what wasn't was that the ball carrier's forward momentum was stopped and refs should have blown the whistle before he stretches his arm out.

tucker kicked a 65 yarder last year that hit the center crossbar and bounced through. that was in a dome though. so yeah very risky kicking a 64 yarder in seatle's stadium. would have made more sense if they were playing in denver. he did almost make it though.

denvers coach fucked up. but what else is new.(denver head coaches do it all of the time) I'm sure he'll be a better head coach than fangio was.
of course he should have called timeout. he has 1 min to figure out a play to get 5 yards. a 50 couple yarder, very doable. a 64 yarder in outdoor conditions with heavy seatle air was asking a bit too much!
delfman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-14-2022, 03:07 PM   #12
delfman

I'm just glad the under hit. after the first half I didn't think it was going to.
everybody trying to arm tackle. the defensive coordinator for both teams raised hell I'm sure during halftime.

It was the last part of a 5 leg parlay I needed to make $350.
delfman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: