Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Poll: What % of the time speed rating was the cause of your horse not winning
Poll Options
What % of the time speed rating was the cause of your horse not winning

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 12-18-2014, 01:42 PM   #31
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro
On Tues 12/16 the day I posted that hypothetical scenario above I made 4 bets at GP. All were related to my post.
GP Race #1 - #5 Bagration - M/L 20/1, OFF @ 9/1 - Trainer/Jockey - Dorochenko/Whitacre

GP Race #3 - #5 Little Baker - M/L 9/1, OFF @ 9/2 - Trainer/Jockey - Vaccarezza/Rosario

GP Race #7 - #6 I'm Sensational - M/L 15/1, OFF @ 7/1 - Trainer/Jockey - Escobar/Santiago

GP Race #8 - #5 Ice Festival - M/L 15/1, OFF @ 9/1 - Trainer/Jockey - Lynch/Prado.

Can't remember the last time I saw a M/L of 9-1? You sure about this?
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-18-2014, 02:41 PM   #32
Nitro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall
Can't remember the last time I saw a M/L of 9-1? You sure about this?
I stand corrected. That 3rd race should read:
GP Race #3 - #7 Tea's Two Step - M/L 15/1, OFF @ 8/1 - Trainer/Jockey - Carrasco/Rodriguez
Nitro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-18-2014, 02:47 PM   #33
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Very Good analogy ! I was very surprised that anyone here would pickup on that. I could've certainly gone into more detail, but I didn't want be accused of Red boarding a fictitious race.

Conspiracy - hell! It happens everyday and its called insider intentions: The most powerful tool at a players disposal. On Tues 12/16 the day I posted that hypothetical scenario above I made 4 bets at GP. All were related to my post.
GP Race #1 - #5 Bagration - M/L 20/1, OFF @ 9/1 - Trainer/Jockey - Dorochenko/Whitacre

GP Race #3 - #5 Little Baker - M/L 9/1, OFF @ 9/2 - Trainer/Jockey - Vaccarezza/Rosario

GP Race #7 - #6 I'm Sensational - M/L 15/1, OFF @ 7/1 - Trainer/Jockey - Escobar/Santiago

GP Race #8 - #5 Ice Festival - M/L 15/1, OFF @ 9/1 - Trainer/Jockey - Lynch/Prado
Worthless posting after the fact. I mean really, what is the point of posting this?
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-18-2014, 04:00 PM   #34
Tall One
Scum Bum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJC922
One heck of a book: Ainslie's Complete Guide To Thoroughbred Racing. New York: Simon and Schuster, 1979. 1st Revised Edition

http://antiqbook.com/boox/aut/2721.shtml

I had the edition before and the one after, my uncle had the '79 edition above.. IMO that was Ainslie's best.

Agreed. After Picking Winners, the revised edition was the second handicaping book i bought. Probably have a hundred pages bookmarked..

Couple years back, purchased Ainslie's Complete Guide to Harness Racing off Amazon for a few bucks, and it's a great read, and resource, imo...
Tall One is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-18-2014, 05:13 PM   #35
Nitro

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
Worthless posting after the fact. I mean really, what is the point of posting this?
In case you missed it, the point was related to an intelligent comment by Thaskalos in response to my hypothetical scenario for the possibility of betting on a horse suggested by Husker55.

I realize how much this type of scenario must eat away at your ego, especially because I don't rely on "numbers". I happen to be very fond of playing this game based on reality. Please I can't even count how many worthless posts in my estimation I've seen of yours. Instead of posting all of that nonsense why not try posting some real valued selections based on that stuff. Try something like this:
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...?t=118996hread
or even something like this (if you can handle the big fields at Hong Kong)
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...d.php?t=118999
Nitro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-18-2014, 05:36 PM   #36
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
In case you missed it, the point was related to an intelligent comment by Thaskalos in response to my hypothetical scenario for the possibility of betting on a horse suggested by Husker55.

I realize how much this type of scenario must eat away at your ego, especially because I don't rely on "numbers". I happen to be very fond of playing this game based on reality. Please I can't even count how many worthless posts in my estimation I've seen of yours. Instead of posting all of that nonsense why not try posting some real valued selections based on that stuff. Try something like this:
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...?t=118996hread
or even something like this (if you can handle the big fields at Hong Kong)
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...d.php?t=118999
Nobody wants to hear about wins after the fact, particularly when the post serves no purpose. It has nothing to do with anything else.

Nothing you could post would eat away at me. I do my own thing. I've posted many selections on this board over the years and on my old pace figures site. If you think what I post is nonsense, don't read it.

That said, you won't be posting blatant redboards here for no reason other than to bash figures (which are only part of my handicapping). Guys like you get tiresome.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-19-2014, 10:46 AM   #37
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Please remind Nitro that I used YOUR FIGURES, cj, to pick the winner of the 2014 BC Juvenile Fillies (Take Charge Brandi). This was posted to TWO DIFFERENT THREADS ON THIS BOARD BEFORE THE RACE went off.

Thank you again for your excellent FIGURES.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-19-2014, 10:51 AM   #38
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

And, among countless other score, I used those same figures to hit my biggest score ever, at Turfway park a couple of years ago.
A $600 exacta made up of two underlined horses.

As far as CJ making picks, he has made plenty of them over the years, here and PaceFigures.com.

Now, where is that bowing and scrapping emoticon.....
Old 08-25-2021, 12:20 PM   #39
JohnGalt1

I believe speed figures are more valuable the shorter the race.

The fastest figure in quarter horse races is more important than other factors.

In marathons I don't even consider speed, but other things like class and form factors.
JohnGalt1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply