Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software

Old 10-08-2022, 07:52 PM   #16
Dan Montilion

Thanks Dave. This was bizarre, I was studying one of Daves excellent videos and out of the blue a private message from Dave about this thread.

In regards to the pace pressure gauge, this was not a Ron Cox invention if you will. Davidowitz mentions in his revision of BETTING THOROUGHBREDS that Ron re-introduced QSP to Steve.

In Davidowitz pace chapter Ron is quoted as saying his/our approach to pace and final figures may not work on other circuits. Years of working with Ron I can concur the approach to pace would likely not work on other circuits. In fact, though I have not been a NoCal player in. years I don't feel it would work in NoCal.

The pace/final approach we used for our own play as well as distributed to subscribers of the NORTHERN CALIFORNIA TRACK RECORD was powerful beyond belief. Though as Davidowitz points out it was only with in its small set of races in NoCal. It was brought to Ron by a subscriber, it was really for 6F races only which in those days were 95% of the sprints run on said circuit. 4 people on the planet at that time knew how to do the figures, Ron, Paul Braseth, the originator and myself. Ron and Paul have passed and I lost touch of the developer.

So what was so special about them. If two races went 22-0 45-0 110-0 on differing days, yet the pace and final variant were the same, they could and very likely would have different figures on the pace end. So now I have opened myself to prove it. I can't. The original developer swore us to secrecy. Good Lord that sounds like an ad for a system. I don't know if the originator is still among us or not, but I will honor his request. Besides with multiple distances on most tracks/circuits it is really not relevant now. However, I did use it at Oaklawn park as 6F races abound and it was like going back in time. I used Dave's Horsestreet pars as a starting point.

Anthony Bourdain
Dan Montilion is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: