Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 01-28-2020, 08:16 PM   #91
Blenheim
Race Player

Tack Shop, Cabanas and Courtney . . .

Hey Suff,

Best I can tell, looks like you're havin' a good time down there at Gulfstream.

I spent some time down there a couple of years ago . . . is that Tack Shop still there? It's located in the north parking lot, just outside of the rail as they turn for home, kinda near (east of) that big Pegasus statue. Near where they school em' from the gate in the mornings. They've got a lot of nice Suff in there - bought a nice tack shop hat.

And I haven't seen a picture of those thatch hut Tiki Bars . . . they were on the north and south end as you walk south from the Tack Shop - had sand and everything. Are they still there?

Anyways, keep on havin' fun and keep sending pics . . . pretty please w/sugar on top, include more pics of Courtney

Last edited by Blenheim; 01-28-2020 at 08:17 PM.
Blenheim is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-29-2020, 01:01 AM   #92
Suff
Beat up 💪

[quote=Blenheim;2558635]Hey Suff,
Quote:
Best I can tell, looks like you're havin' a good time down there at Gulfstream.
I'm living the dream. I play hobby money but haven't made a deposit for 10 straight cards.

Quote:
I spent some time down there a couple of years ago . . . is that Tack Shop still there? It's located in the north parking lot, just outside of the rail as they turn for home, kinda near (east of) that big Pegasus statue. Near where they school em' from the gate in the mornings. They've got a lot of nice Suff in there - bought a nice tack shop hat.
Still there, looks the same out-of-place florida, next to racing office, next is main back-side entrance followed by dorms. There's back side people kicking the ball around, fixing cars, & socializing in and around there 24/7.

Quote:
And I haven't seen a picture of those thatch hut Tiki Bars . . . they were on the north and south end as you walk south from the Tack Shop - had sand and everything. Are they still there?
The one on the home turn is gone, reduced to a bench , the new LIV stretch ate that one up. But the one on the other end is still there. I walk down there twice a day at exactly 4:20. The regulars normally drag furniture into the trees. Pegasus day Gulfstream dragged it out and put it back. Security cramped me up!

Quote:
Anyways, keep on havin' fun and keep sending pics . . . pretty please w/sugar on top, include more pics of Courtney
I think I'm enjoying every minute of it. I'm trying to mentally log the joyful nature of it. Life has its ebbs and flows.
Suff is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-29-2020, 06:12 PM   #93
Suff
Beat up 💪

[CENTER]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blenheim View Post
. . . is that Tack Shop still there? It's located in the north parking lot, just outside of the rail as they turn for home, kinda near (east of) that big Pegasus statue. Near where they school em' from the gate in the mornings. They've got a lot of nice Suff in there - bought a nice tack shop hat.

The name on the front, Ed Cohen, this is Ed.

This is how I get around.

This is Dale Gall. He's popular around Gulfstream, known as Rusty. He did the painting and art work on the building. Including this life-size 8 horse field on the side of a container. He won a breeders cup as groom in 2009 with She Be Wild. Also the 2010 Eclipse with the same horse.

Old 01-29-2020, 06:53 PM   #94
Suff
Beat up 💪

[quote=Suff;2558705]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blenheim View Post

The regulars normally drag furniture into the trees. Pegasus day Gulfstream dragged it out and put it back. Security cramped me up!

Pegasus Day is like when your Mom cleans your room and afterwards you put shit back where you like it. This is my off-topic area.

Old 01-29-2020, 07:03 PM   #95
Suff
Beat up 💪

Aqueduct Background a plus. Suffolk also suffices.

Its a 1st turn view up this end.

Old 01-29-2020, 08:14 PM   #96
Blenheim
Race Player

Good Stuff Suff . . .

Wow . . . thanks Suff, sure brings back some good ol' memories of bein' at the track .

I remember hangin' out in Cohen's Shop for quite some time . . . chattin' w/him, lookin' at stuff, getting a feel for the different crops and just being there when a few jockeys and jockey's agents would pass thru, it was fascinating just listenin' to em' and what they had to say and fun to watch em' mount that horse simulator and show how its done.

Sure do miss hangin' out down there in south Florida, drivin' thru Alligator Alley, watchin' the sunrise and sunset . . . Thanks again Suff for the pics and keep em' comin'. Lookin' forward to the pics from the Holy Bull, Fountain of Youth and the Florida Derby!

Last edited by Blenheim; 01-29-2020 at 08:19 PM.
Old 01-29-2020, 08:45 PM   #97
Suff
Beat up 💪

Won’t mention it again except when it ends or hits 20.

From a $100 deposit 1/15/20. Played every day every race no deposit for 11 cards. Today cheap last race pick 3 with the 3 and conso w/6. Hit a double turned a losing day into Thursday money.
Old 01-29-2020, 10:06 PM   #98
Suff
Beat up 💪

He filled in as a steward today.

Donald Brumfield.

Brumfield was the "track all-time leading rider in terms of races won (925)" at Churchill Downs, where he won 16 riding titles. His record was later broken by Pat Day,

He was inducted into the National Museum of Racing and Hall of Fame in 1996.

He most recently served as a steward at Gulfstream Park in Florida

Old 01-30-2020, 09:39 PM   #99
Suff
Beat up 💪

JR only 2 mounts today. This one for Hennig 25-1 in the 9th. 5th , ran ok. Then one for Pletcher in the 10th. 8-1. Did nothing.

Old 01-30-2020, 09:47 PM   #100
Suff
Beat up 💪

Suffolk Downs

Breezeway Bar

Old 01-30-2020, 10:00 PM   #101
Suff
Beat up 💪

Good crowd down here for a non-weekend. This is becoming and may soon be more like a clubhouse w/separate admission. The rocking chairs, high quality surroundings. I enjoy playing here.

Another beautiful day at the track.
Old 01-31-2020, 08:44 AM   #102
Blenheim
Race Player

Livin' the Dream . . .

Hey Suff,

Now don’t you lie to me . . . aren’t you getting bored to death down there in South Florida livin’ it up in that high rise Penthouse on the beach, drivin’ around in a Maserati and hangin’ out hob nobbin w/folks at the track all day? Aren’t you just getting’ tired and bored with all of all that livin’ the dream stuff? Just askin’ . . . have fun this weekend at the Holy Bull Stakes.

Old 01-31-2020, 09:48 AM   #103
Suff
Beat up 💪

It doesn't suck.
Old 01-31-2020, 10:21 AM   #104
castaway01

Awesome pictures, though shirtless Suff was pretty low on my "things I need to ever see" list...
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-31-2020, 10:50 AM   #105
Suff
Beat up 💪

Quote:
Originally Posted by castaway01 View Post
Awesome pictures, though shirtless Suff was pretty low on my "things I need to ever see" list...
my nips are hard there.