Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 08-28-2020, 12:44 AM   #1
Dahoss2002

NFL Do you watch if players kneel for National Anthem?

As much as I like football, I won't. I will stick to college ball until they start that nonsense.
Dahoss2002 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-28-2020, 02:06 AM   #2
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss2002 View Post
As much as I like football, I won't. I will stick to college ball until they start that nonsense.
they can kneel, its disrespectful to do it during the anthem in my book but honestly i dont give a shit. these athletes think they somehow are important, more important than the rest of us. they are not.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-28-2020, 09:48 AM   #3
JustRalph
Just another Facist

I'm done with em.............

NBA too.........self important assholes
Old 08-28-2020, 10:00 AM   #4
GaryG
Unreconstructed

Yo Ralph!

I was through with the NBA a long time ago. Last year I watched NFL games after two years away, but they are dead to me now. I have always loved baseball and am trying to stay with it, however, the racist overload of the last few days causes me to have one foot out the door. The season is over in a month and the Cardinals have about 10 games to make up. Curious how long this shit will last. What exactly to baseball players want from us? The Dodgers gave Betts all the gold in California, but they were going to cancel yesterday if Mookie wanted to. I wish Ernie Banks was still here. "Let's play two!"
Old 08-28-2020, 01:14 PM   #5
Marshall Bennett

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
I'm done with em.............

NBA too.........self important assholes
I am as well. Never liked the NBA anyway. NCAA championship only. As for football, it won't ever be the same again. Politics is wrecking everything. Watching any of it without the crowds is boring anyway.
Marshall Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-28-2020, 01:16 PM   #6
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryG View Post
Yo Ralph!

I was through with the NBA a long time ago. Last year I watched NFL games after two years away, but they are dead to me now. I have always loved baseball and am trying to stay with it, however, the racist overload of the last few days causes me to have one foot out the door. The season is over in a month and the Cardinals have about 10 games to make up. Curious how long this shit will last. What exactly to baseball players want from us? The Dodgers gave Betts all the gold in California, but they were going to cancel yesterday if Mookie wanted to. I wish Ernie Banks was still here. "Let's play two!"
It's a different world............ I hope you are holding up well Gary!

I watched your Santa Anita selections.......... did pretty well!
Old 08-28-2020, 01:56 PM   #7
Vinnie

Done with all of it as well. All of the main sports that have chosen to go the route of SJW. You have a talent that you are paid handsomely for to put on display. If you are going to willfully and intentionally hold out and not perform your job, then of course it would seem to in kind go hand in hand that one shouldn't reasonably expect any sort of compensation. If you don't go to work and perform the essentials of your job, what happens? Generally, you get laid off or ultimately fired from your job. All of the rest is senseless window dressing that stems from a narrative that is a complete and utter fairytale.

I hope to the good Lord above we never see any of this nonsense seep into the Sport of Kings.

Vinnie

"All Human error is impatience; a premature renunciation of method"- F. Kafka
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-28-2020, 02:06 PM   #8
Robert Fischer
clean money

No, I don't watch if players kneel for the National Anthem.

I'm usually multi-tasking. I have deep respect for the flag, and the anthem, and those who have served our country. However, as an honest answer I am usually working, or serving guests during the anthem. I do not tune in until the first snap, if I'm lucky.

If I'm physically 'at the game' (Never been to NFL, been to many MLB), - I stand in respect.
Old 08-28-2020, 02:16 PM   #9
Robert Fischer
clean money

Same with the NBA or any of the political stuff w/ sports...

I'm a different animal. For better, and worse. I don't see things like the TV says. And when I can afford a cell phone again, -the same will be said for social media.

the superficial stuff that is supposed to 'trigger' or generate some kind of polarizing emotional reaction is overshadowed to me by the significant models that drive the markets and networks.

doesn't interest me.

the only part that is interesting is the stuff that I've done a lot of studying on regarding 'cognitive bias mitigation' (and 'emotional self-regulation' to a lesser extent). Mitigation is how you can remain 'rational', in spite of things like a horse race betting market triggering you.

This stuff in sports-politics, and the radicalization politics in social media, is not 'mitigation', it is actually the other side of the coin; exploitation of cognitive bias to polarize and profit from masses of regular people...

Even sports itself is not as wonderful as it once was for me. I could earn a living by coaching basketball or baseball. I've spent a long time obsessing over that stuff as a child and teen, but as an adult, - unless I dive into some of kind of coaching thing, -it's an entertainment thing. I wouldn't even bet on it, other than convenient opportunities w/ small stakes.
Old 08-28-2020, 02:54 PM   #10
GMB@BP

Like I said in the link the NBA is bleeding viewers, I see no way the current political cliamate helps them.

If they want to make a stand so be it, I dont really how not playing a basketball game, followed by a bunch of lip service, changes how police interact with people.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-28-2020, 03:05 PM   #11
xtb

I won’t watch any sport where that crap is going on.
xtb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-28-2020, 03:13 PM   #12
oughtoh

No I don't watch. No NBA MLB or NFL anymore. As big of a hockey fan that I am, when the six players did it in the Stars Knights game, I was done with hockey too. Will watch college football until they do it and I will be done with them too.
oughtoh is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-28-2020, 03:34 PM   #13
MutuelClerk

I watch. It amazes me the guy that brought this argument to light is/was a draft dodger. And no I don't hate the President. He does worry me though.
MutuelClerk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-29-2020, 11:52 AM   #14
ronsmac

No.
ronsmac is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-29-2020, 02:06 PM   #15
headhawg
crusty old guy

I have not been as interested in sports over the last few years as I have been in the past. Football is still my favorite, but I really only watch Bears games and occasionally a good matchup on Sunday nights. With COVID changing the landscape, my interest in sports has been reduced even further. And all this "protest" stuff has gotten to be too much for me. If players want to make a point, sit out the season WITH NO PAY! Otherwise, it's just more PR talk...the fake righteous stance...blah blah blah.

So to answer the question, I will watch the Bears until they suck -- again -- and then I won't bother watching football. I will play Madden or Front Office Football if I need a football fix. I don't watch the NBA because the Bulls are bad, and today's game doesn't look like the kind of basketball I want to see. I used to love college b-ball, but a shot clock? Really??? It's just a feeder program into the NBA anyway, and I don't watch that crap anymore so...

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: