Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 03-18-2020, 08:52 AM   #406
sammy the sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJC922 View Post
Wouldn't surprise me for a moment if there's some mob involvement when they dig deep enough. Whether that ever comes to light or not is something else. I strongly suspect racing officials at some tracks know a LOT and haven't done a single thing about it for many years because of 'reasons'.
spot on comment
Old 03-18-2020, 02:25 PM   #407
jay68802

Gulfstream simulcasts races from Argentina, Laurel from Mexico?

The last indictment says a lot about what is going on.

http://www.paulickreport.com/news/th...dering-scheme/
jay68802 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-21-2020, 01:52 AM   #408
nijinski

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY BRED View Post
first question is how many years do you estimate these "trainers" ,and btw vets will spend in prison?

The other question is how will vets now be scrutinized when going into the barns to medicate horses (hopefully legal meds).

The final battle, and this could turn truly brutal, is when the Saudis officially demand the return of the purse money recently paid to Gary West for the recent win of MS ...
No drug shows up on Max as they found
the tests don’t pick up those used .
West may get to keep the purse.
I haven’t gotten through the whole thread
But if nothing showed . There may not be a
A change of the winners purse .
As for Servis . He’s gonna need a high end
lawyer .
nijinski is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-23-2020, 03:33 AM   #409
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Hey nijinsky...

Hope you are holding up well in all of this mess.
Old 03-23-2020, 03:25 PM   #410
NY BRED
GARY

MAXIMUM SECUITY

thanks Nijinsky;

that's the first good news I've heard in the past few days.

As an fyi, given the news about Servis, I felt certain those wins
might well have been tainted .

Now, I'm wondering which horses trained by Servis were, on this wonder
med...

Won't even bother to guess about Navarro..
NY BRED is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-23-2020, 05:27 PM   #411
castaway01

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY BRED View Post
thanks Nijinsky;

that's the first good news I've heard in the past few days.

As an fyi, given the news about Servis, I felt certain those wins
might well have been tainted .

Now, I'm wondering which horses trained by Servis were, on this wonder
med...

Won't even bother to guess about Navarro..
You've read the part of the indictment where Servis says he's giving SGF-1000 to "almost every horse", right? And the part where he tells the vet that SGF-1000 sometimes shows up as a false positive for "dex," so then he has the vet alter Maximum Security's vet record to say the vet gave the horse "dex" to explain that. Is there really any way to convince yourself the horse wasn't drugged?
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-23-2020, 10:13 PM   #412
timp

Runners are runners

Can’t make one run that can’t run but will move up horses by many lengths believe me .
timp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-24-2020, 02:01 AM   #413
Suff
Beat up 💪

$200,000 personal recognizance bond.

Things you never want to see.

Suff is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-26-2020, 11:40 AM   #414
burnsy
self medicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJC922 View Post
Wouldn't surprise me for a moment if there's some mob involvement when they dig deep enough. Whether that ever comes to light or not is something else. I strongly suspect racing officials at some tracks know a LOT and haven't done a single thing about it for many years because of 'reasons'.
This development and investigation really bummed me out. It’s to the point where I’d almost walk away from horse racing. But like the sucker I am. I’ll be at Saratoga if there’s a meet . I already have my pass and parking pass as Christmas gifts.

I don’t know about ‘mob’ association but if they really could dig deep there’s probably conspiracy all over some of these tracks. It’s fairly evident that people get away with shit for a while before they get caught, that is if they get caught. As a bettor it’s like being stolen from. As a fan of the horses...... it’s disgust. I was a fan of Max...... now I know why he had that kind of punch late in races. This latest “ incident “ really made me question why I even bother with this game.

Last edited by burnsy; 03-26-2020 at 11:41 AM.
burnsy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-26-2020, 05:38 PM   #415
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsy View Post
This development and investigation really bummed me out. It’s to the point where I’d almost walk away from horse racing. But like the sucker I am. I’ll be at Saratoga if there’s a meet . I already have my pass and parking pass as Christmas gifts.

I don’t know about ‘mob’ association but if they really could dig deep there’s probably conspiracy all over some of these tracks. It’s fairly evident that people get away with shit for a while before they get caught, that is if they get caught. As a bettor it’s like being stolen from. As a fan of the horses...... it’s disgust. I was a fan of Max...... now I know why he had that kind of punch late in races. This latest “ incident “ really made me question why I even bother with this game.
One thing to remember. It would be extremely weird if trainers conspire with various other actors to dope horses and enhance performance, but they draw the line at messing with the betting pools to make a bigger profit. If they are willing to risk one, why not do the other?

So I suspect the conspiracies go far beyond what is discussed in the indictment.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-26-2020, 07:17 PM   #416
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilanesp View Post
One thing to remember. It would be extremely weird if trainers conspire with various other actors to dope horses and enhance performance, but they draw the line at messing with the betting pools to make a bigger profit. If they are willing to risk one, why not do the other?

So I suspect the conspiracies go far beyond what is discussed in the indictment.
Ever watch the Mountaineer tote board?
Old 03-26-2020, 07:41 PM   #417
lamboguy

not that these guys are going to be innocent, but i am shocked that the southern district of new york actually took this case to begin with. the case has plenty of merit and belongs in a federal court, just maybe some other jurisdiction.

the southern district of new york go after big individuals and business's with lots of money and assets that they can grab. they lead the league in conviction.

my guess is that somebody big must have a friend high up in the southern district of new york and that person must have a serious beef with one or more of the indicted. that person must have handed a road map on how to set these guys up to the southern district of new york.

if these guys don't plan on pleading out, they better put together a team of super human lawyers, and my guess is that would not help them.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-26-2020, 08:22 PM   #418
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
not that these guys are going to be innocent, but i am shocked that the southern district of new york actually took this case to begin with. the case has plenty of merit and belongs in a federal court, just maybe some other jurisdiction.

the southern district of new york go after big individuals and business's with lots of money and assets that they can grab. they lead the league in conviction.

my guess is that somebody big must have a friend high up in the southern district of new york and that person must have a serious beef with one or more of the indicted. that person must have handed a road map on how to set these guys up to the southern district of new york.

if these guys don't plan on pleading out, they better put together a team of super human lawyers, and my guess is that would not help them.
I have a prediction, based on nothing more than what has turned out to be in previous "wildcard" style cases in the SDNY.

And that is they probably were prosecuting someone for something else and that person dropped the dime on the trainers.

That's what happened in the college admissions scandal, for instance. Some guy was facing years in prison for stock fraud who had been involved in the college admissions scheme, and he went to the prosecutors as part of the dealmaking process and says "I know about this other thing that's going on....".
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-26-2020, 08:23 PM   #419
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United...ct_of_New_York

I believe they are the Feds.......
Old 03-26-2020, 08:42 PM   #420
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
of course they are, they are the very toughest office in the country. they have higher conviction rates than anyone else too.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply