Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 05-16-2008, 05:22 PM   #31
njcurveball

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnielu

I'd bet that Catalano claims a lot of horses from trainers that know everything about horseracing.

jdl
A few years ago Catalano came to Mountaineer and proceeded to win about 45% for the first 2 weeks. After that he won about 7 or 8% with mostly favorites and 2nd choices.

This years 45% trainer is next years "sample tested positive" suspended story. Arlington is run by a Mob mentality, ask no questions of people who cannot give the right answers.
njcurveball is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-16-2008, 05:45 PM   #32
Track Phantom

[QUOTE=PaceAdvantage]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shenanigans
I know you're smarter than this, just from reading your posts here on the board.

Valento writes about a documented suspension and positive. How can that be libel? It happened. There is proof. There are articles written.

http://www.bloodhorse.com/articleind...e.asp?id=36637

What you talked about regarding Norman was never documented (as far as I know), and I have no proof that what you are saying is true. That's the difference.
That's cool you find that article... looks like my memory is correct. Would love to see the PP's of Go Poppa Fooze and verify the horse stopped to a walk in the next start at low odds.
Track Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-16-2008, 09:40 PM   #33
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Here's a question from someone who knows little about Catalano/Calabrese....do they tend to spot their horses in obvious races? Do they claim a horse and then drop him to a level where he looks highly competitive? Are they not afraid to lose horses if they think they can win?
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-17-2008, 08:07 AM   #34
jonnielu
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by njcurveball
A few years ago Catalano came to Mountaineer and proceeded to win about 45% for the first 2 weeks. After that he won about 7 or 8% with mostly favorites and 2nd choices.

This years 45% trainer is next years "sample tested positive" suspended story. Arlington is run by a Mob mentality, ask no questions of people who cannot give the right answers.
The handicapper's job is to find the ability, and then bet it.

The trainer's job is to find the ability and then hide it from everybody else.

Checking the results charts for any track in North America for any day tells me that one party is doing their job much better then the other party, still, after all of these years.

One thing that you never hear from the handicapper is that he might not be in tune with the realities of horse racing, while the trainer's might be.

jdl
jonnielu is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-17-2008, 08:18 AM   #35
jma

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
Here's a question from someone who knows little about Catalano/Calabrese....do they tend to spot their horses in obvious races? Do they claim a horse and then drop him to a level where he looks highly competitive? Are they not afraid to lose horses if they think they can win?
Yes. They frequently claim a horse for $10000 and run him for $5000 to win at 3-5. Calabrese's goal is to win the owner's title for most wins each year, and he does. They're definitely not afraid to lose a horse because they'll claim five more just like it. I have written about this in other threads, that I don't know if Catalano at Arlington is the best example of a "cheater" despite his high win percentages because he really does know how to spot horses and run them in their right spots. Again, not saying he's pure and honest, but trying to be fair.
  Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-17-2008, 06:14 PM   #36
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Thanks jma...that's kind of what I figured....
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-11-2020, 04:44 PM   #37
Track Phantom

Thought I'd bump this thread I started in 2008. I gave it a "re-read" and it's interesting that my thoughts haven't deviated a single iota in a dozen years (and probably were the same for the dozen years prior to this).
Old 03-11-2020, 07:45 PM   #38
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Old 03-12-2020, 11:25 AM   #39
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Reading through again, funny and sad seeing the names Cole Norman and Stephanie Beattie.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-12-2020, 11:44 AM   #40
Track Phantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
Reading through again, funny and sad seeing the names Cole Norman and Stephanie Beattie.
Agree 100%. It's sad in that the years go by, faces and names may change but the actions remain the same. That is the one reason I am not holding out much hope that the game will significantly change in the long-term. Once the FBI goes away, people will just be less cavalier in their actions. Maybe they won't be as blatantly obvious as Servis or Navarro but those at the top will remain there, I believe.
Old 03-12-2020, 02:54 PM   #41
NY BRED
GARY

Servis and Navarro

My understanding is the FBI has recordings from Servis to Navarro advising SGF-1000, a Performance enhancing drug was undetectable and responsible
for the impressive career of Maximum Security including his recent win in the
Saudi 20,000,000 race.

The fitting justice for this piece of filth (not really the right word),would be
for the FBI to ship this criminal to Saudi Arabia, and
see real justice done.
NY BRED is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-12-2020, 03:10 PM   #42
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY BRED View Post
My understanding is the FBI has recordings from Servis to Navarro advising SGF-1000, a Performance enhancing drug was undetectable and responsible
for the impressive career of Maximum Security including his recent win in the
Saudi 20,000,000 race.

The fitting justice for this piece of filth (not really the right word),would be
for the FBI to ship this criminal to Saudi Arabia, and
see real justice done.
Your understanding? It is literally in the indictments.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-12-2020, 05:39 PM   #43
big frank

Mr Innocent Gary West has employed Catalano for many years ! West had no clue and is shocked that his trainers were using illegal drugs ! Yeah Right......Does he employ any trainers that run a clean game ????? no way jose-----------.West is full of shit !
big frank is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-12-2020, 06:40 PM   #44
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Track Phantom View Post
Agree 100%. It's sad in that the years go by, faces and names may change but the actions remain the same. That is the one reason I am not holding out much hope that the game will significantly change in the long-term. Once the FBI goes away, people will just be less cavalier in their actions. Maybe they won't be as blatantly obvious as Servis or Navarro but those at the top will remain there, I believe.
Once the FBI goes away, it will be BAU.
Racing has proven it is incompetent in stopping these doppers so far. Just what NEW plan do they have to stop them in the future?

Racing's best bet is use COVID as an excuse to shut the side show down for a month and hope it blows away.

What will be different on May 1, 2020 than today?

Crickets......
Old 03-12-2020, 06:42 PM   #45
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by big frank View Post
Mr Innocent Gary West has employed Catalano for many years ! West had no clue and is shocked that his trainers were using illegal drugs ! Yeah Right......Does he employ any trainers that run a clean game ????? no way jose-----------.West is full of shit !
Looking back now, Mr A****** made such a fuss and whined and cried when he though HE was getting screwed.

Turn out, HIS horse the one doing the screwing.
Mr. Big Mouth apologized yet for being the singles biggest JERK of the TC this year?

Ban his arse for 10 years.
At lest ban his mouth.
Stinking cherter.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: