Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 02:52 PM   #181
thaskalos

The rest of the field didn't amount to much, IMO...but even money was still a surprise.

The 5-horse was coming off a suspicious layoff though...

Parx is an acquired taste...
Old 03-27-2012, 03:05 PM   #182
lamboguy

the reason why i asked was by looking at the race you would have thought that the 5 horse would have been less than even money.

the reason why the differential in odds is that the 5 worked awful, and the 6 worked great. the monkey wrench in the race was that in the prior race #4 CATCH ME KAZ ran awful.

i was just trying to point something out to you about that race to show you knowing the right number does not always point you to the winner.
Old 03-27-2012, 03:21 PM   #183
the little guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by castaway01
I really thought it was the Katie from the Beulah Twins minus 20 pounds...sorry, wasn't trying to be a jackass here. I looked it up before but couldn't find anything, but if it's not the same person then I guess she's just a new talent in the business.

So glad you were around to smash me on this one, when I defended you 100 times on this board. But yeah, you got me.
I wasn't smashing you. That's silly. I was just asking.
Old 03-27-2012, 03:29 PM   #184
the little guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light
TLG

What do you think of Flat Bold now? That was the last time I watched your show and you hated him. I nearly fell off my chair. My lower chin dropped six feet. The crowd made him a 3/2 favorite as he won for fun with trouble.

Yep. That was not a good day for Serling.
Believe it or not, I am wrong about a lot of races. I do regret that Flat Bold opinion. If only I had picked him on top my ROI for 2012 on my top selection would be $2.19 instead of $2.18.

I knock plenty of favorites that win. I also knock more than a few that lose. If you actually played the horses, instead of criticizing those that do, you would know that horseplayers are frequently wrong.
Old 03-27-2012, 03:32 PM   #185
castaway01

Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy
I wasn't smashing you. That's silly. I was just asking.
Well, I thought it was the same person as the former Beulah twin but obviously not. She grew up in Illinois and started at Presque Isle (I don't watch that track so I wouldn't know). At any rate, she does a good job and hopefully will stay in the business.
Old 03-27-2012, 03:38 PM   #186
the little guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by castaway01
Well, I thought it was the same person as the former Beulah twin but obviously not. She grew up in Illinois and started at Presque Isle (I don't watch that track so I wouldn't know). At any rate, she does a good job and hopefully will stay in the business.

I think Katie's fairly young, and I would guess much younger than the Beulah Twins.
Old 03-27-2012, 03:40 PM   #187
lamboguy

she started at HAWTHORNE
Old 03-27-2012, 03:58 PM   #188
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
I think Katie's fairly young, and I would guess much younger than the Beulah Twins.
Both of them?
Old 03-27-2012, 04:09 PM   #189
bigmack

Quote:
Katie is actually 33. She married Asmussen's asst. trainer, Hank Gensler.

When Googling the BTwins I ran across this post from Craigers. What an outrage. You're not gonna take that from him, is ya?

Old 03-27-2012, 04:34 PM   #190
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light
TLG

What do you think of Flat Bold now? That was the last time I watched your show and you hated him. I nearly fell off my chair. My lower chin dropped six feet. The crowd made him a 3/2 favorite as he won for fun with trouble.

Yep. That was not a good day for Serling.
Is that how you judge a day, by one selection on a card? Or are you just being an asshole...again?
Old 03-27-2012, 05:14 PM   #191
speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomOnTour
It's funny how, when one says something like this about someone else, they wind up saying more about themself then the person they were attacking.

You've made your point...about yourself, again.

And my IGNORE list grows...
Perhaps the most accurate statement i have read to date.
Old 03-27-2012, 05:39 PM   #192
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed
Perhaps the most accurate statement i have read to date.
there must have been 10 people here that have explained to me how little i know, since i am quite gullible, i agree with them.
Old 03-27-2012, 05:42 PM   #193
Light
Veteran

Quote:
Believe it or not, I am wrong about a lot of races. I do regret that Flat Bold opinion. If only I had picked him on top my ROI for 2012 on my top selection would be $2.19 instead of $2.18.

I knock plenty of favorites that win. I also knock more than a few that lose. If you actually played the horses, instead of criticizing those that do, you would know that horseplayers are frequently wrong.
There is a big difference between getting beat by a horse you overlooked or could not fit into your selections as opposed to actually looking at a horse that is a major contender and declaring him a total non contender. Something off there in your capping.

Later that same day, in the 5th race you said of the 1/5 shot (that ran 4th), that if your viewers played someone else in that race, they were skating on very thin ice (or something to that effect) Again,my jaw dropped but not as far. That horse had some knocks against it and I did play the 20-1 shot that won (with real money). I give you credit for putting the winner 2nd in your selections but since you thought the 1/5 shot was a lock, can't see you betting him to win.Besides,you never even mentioned any of the other horses in that race in your commentary.

Sorry but I am not a big supporter of this kind of faulty analysis. I have nothing against you personally. As far as your ROI, I find it hard to believe without proof.
Old 03-27-2012, 05:50 PM   #194
duncan04
Let's go Reds!!

Geez light. You sure like to provoke people don't you? Seems like that is all you add to this forum
Old 03-27-2012, 05:51 PM   #195
Light
Veteran

Just keeping them honest.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: