Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 05-30-2018, 08:04 PM   #76
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

So Repole is entering a horse not to win, just to drag his knuckles on TV?
Real class act.

Is he using this as a rabbit for another horse he is entering, or just to prove to anyone who doesn't know what a jerk he is?
Old 05-30-2018, 08:10 PM   #77
Blenheim
Race Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
So Repole is entering a horse not to win, just to drag his knuckles on TV?
Real class act.

Is he using this as a rabbit for another horse he is entering, or just to prove to anyone who doesn't know what a jerk he is?

Repole is from Queens, it's all about NY, NY. "Some people get Derby fever, but I have Belmont fever," Repole said. "This is the number one race I've been dreaming about, the one I've wanted to win for 30 years."

The NY fans will love him for it . . .

Blenheim is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-30-2018, 08:13 PM   #78
jocko699
Resurrectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blenheim View Post
I wouldn't go that far, but ya' gotta figure if those two go, they both flame out, leaving the board wide open.

Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge. It brings out all that is best; it removes all that is base. All men are afraid in battle. The coward is the one who lets his fear overcome his sense of duty. Duty is the essence of manhood.
jocko699 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-30-2018, 08:20 PM   #79
Blenheim
Race Player

I love the Belmont, my favoritest race and the drama w/this one seems so much different than the Kentucky; man has that post draw ever been more critical? If Justify draws to the inside of Noble Indy . . .

Old 05-30-2018, 08:24 PM   #80
jocko699
Resurrectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blenheim View Post
I love the Belmont, my favoritest race and the drama w/this one seems so much different than the Kentucky; man has that post draw ever been more critical? If Justify draws to the inside of Noble Indy . . .
Unless Justify's post position is at Aqueduct it really doesn't matter where he draws.
Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge. It brings out all that is best; it removes all that is base. All men are afraid in battle. The coward is the one who lets his fear overcome his sense of duty. Duty is the essence of manhood.
jocko699 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-30-2018, 08:36 PM   #81
FakeNameChanged

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocko699 View Post
Unless Justify's post position is at Aqueduct it really doesn't matter where he draws.
Good one. Almost tops your Mad Dog 20/20 line yesterday. Talk about an exacta.
Old 05-30-2018, 09:48 PM   #82
SkunkApe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocko699 View Post
Heh. I laughed.

SkunkApe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-30-2018, 10:59 PM   #83
Denny
Veteran

Repole is no jerk. People that call him a jerk are the real jerks. (Tom)

He grew up in my old neighborhood (i don't know him personally) like everybody else in an average working-class neighborhood.

Made his own way and fortune on his own. Not some spoiled rich kid born with a silver spoon in his mouth.

Believe he used to sneak into Aqueduct as a kid, like a lot of kids did.

He loves NY and is great for the sport imo and would love nothing more, like someone else said, to win the Belmont.
Denny is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-31-2018, 06:34 AM   #84
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
Someone whose opinion I respect a lot believes he's been winning by overcoming the off tracks and will appreciate a fast track more.
There hasn't been as much talk as you'd think about how the muddy track mayve played into Justify's wins.

I've heard no mention, but I assume the tracks were sealed for both races, which means a tighter, faster surface. He also seemed to like the tighter, faster CA surface. But now he moves to big sandy, where he likely won't get a tighter, faster surface.

And it's not just about how he mayve moved up due to the past surfaces, but how the others were affected. When the winner was the one clean horse from the race, it tells you there that others were taking the worst of it.

So I wouldn't be assuming that he's going to fare better getting a dry track at Belmont.
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-31-2018, 06:38 AM   #85
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny View Post
Repole is no jerk. People that call him a jerk are the real jerks. (Tom)

He grew up in my old neighborhood (i don't know him personally) like everybody else in an average working-class neighborhood.

Made his own way and fortune on his own. Not some spoiled rich kid born with a silver spoon in his mouth.

Believe he used to sneak into Aqueduct as a kid, like a lot of kids did.

He loves NY and is great for the sport imo and would love nothing more, like someone else said, to win the Belmont.
The segment where they showed him looking on from his office at his horse in a stall at WinStar via the cameras, where then he called WinStar to tell them he thought the horse was hungry, didn't flatter him. I don't know if he's a jerk, but he looked like one, and money can change people regardless of where they grew up.
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-31-2018, 08:48 AM   #86
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fager Fan View Post
There hasn't been as much talk as you'd think about how the muddy track mayve played into Justify's wins.

I've heard no mention, but I assume the tracks were sealed for both races, which means a tighter, faster surface. He also seemed to like the tighter, faster CA surface. But now he moves to big sandy, where he likely won't get a tighter, faster surface.

And it's not just about how he mayve moved up due to the past surfaces, but how the others were affected. When the winner was the one clean horse from the race, it tells you there that others were taking the worst of it.

So I wouldn't be assuming that he's going to fare better getting a dry track at Belmont.
The Santa Anita surface has been anything but tight and fast this year.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-31-2018, 09:21 AM   #87
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fager Fan View Post

There was nothing tight or fast about the Santa Anita Derby surface.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-31-2018, 09:53 AM   #88
Blenheim
Race Player

Agreed, the surface at Santa Anita was anything but tight and fast this year, no question about that.

But the wet/fast surfaces of the Kentucky and the Baltimore favors speed - they get out front and splish splash and can actually like the going while kicking high velocity dirt at everyone behind; the only track that may benefit speed even more is the surface Audible and Hofburg ran upon in the Florida where they had a light rain squall in between races, just enough to tighten it up . . . just enough to improve the performance a few lengths. Would have been interesting to see the variant before and after that squall . . .

Now onto NY, NY and Big Sandy - hostile territory w/a target on his back; deeper tiring surface, longer distance and he'll be under pressure; horse is up against it, but they gotta beat him . . . horse might have benefited from shipping to NY earlier and spent some time getting acclimated there.

It'll be interesting to see how far and fast Baffert works him next out.

Old 05-31-2018, 11:11 AM   #89
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Watchmaker's slant on Justify.....which I disagree with, but hopefully, everyone will listen to him and give a point or two more odds.

http://www.drf.com/news/watchmaker-b...-story-justify
Old 05-31-2018, 01:21 PM   #90
RunForTheRoses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Watchmaker's slant on Justify.....which I disagree with, but hopefully, everyone will listen to him and give a point or two more odds.

http://www.drf.com/news/watchmaker-b...-story-justify
Yea, i dont think you can compare those two KD and P surfaces. Wettest days ever. Plus tfus had it not declinibg with pace factor.
RunForTheRoses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: