Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 03-25-2018, 07:33 PM   #31
Robert Fischer
clean money

didn't see that one coming

thought 7/2 on the 11 was crazy. That was a pretty good effort.

does not appear to be a 'key' race for the Derby.
Old 03-25-2018, 07:37 PM   #32
olddaddy

I thought I saw 7/1 when loading, then saw 7/2 after race. Maybe I didnt see right.
olddaddy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-25-2018, 07:37 PM   #33
Michael

Really disgusted with the tote board. Horse was sitting at 6 to 1 and got slammed down to 7/2. was 7/1 at like 1mtp. Adjusting for this is nonsense. Horseracing in 2018
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-25-2018, 07:41 PM   #34
Afleet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Fischer View Post

2018 Runaway Ghost 1:49.20
2017 Hence 1:48:10
2016 Not run due to an outbreak of Equine herpesvirus[2]
2015 Firing Line 1:47.39
2014 Chitu 1:47.88
2013 Govenor Charlie 1:47.54
2012 Daddy Nose Best 1:48.59
2011 Twice the Appeal 1:50.91
2010 Endorsement 1:48.46
2009 Kelly Leak 1:50.02
2008 Liberty Bull 1:49.82
2007 Song of Navarone 1:49.53
2006 Wanna Runner 1:48.88
2005 Thor's Echo 1:49.59
Afleet is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-25-2018, 07:47 PM   #35
Mulerider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Fischer View Post

Last month I had the Seven Trumpets in a contest. The race was at Oaklawn in the mud, and the horse disappointed. I didn't bet today, but I was sort of glad to see he did better, coming in 4th. He got squeezed pretty hard in the stretch, and just missed third by a nose.
Mulerider is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-25-2018, 07:59 PM   #36
jocko699
Resurrectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocko699 View Post
I agree and leaning toward Dark Vader 15-1. I know Eurton is high on him.
The actually ran a decent race considering the trip. Got to go back and look but I don't think he broke well and than the trip was poor.
Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge. It brings out all that is best; it removes all that is base. All men are afraid in battle. The coward is the one who lets his fear overcome his sense of duty. Duty is the essence of manhood.
jocko699 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-25-2018, 08:27 PM   #37
f2tornado

One of those races that looks good to the eye but lousy on paper. The final 3/8th in 38.97 if my math is right. That generally doesn't cut it for horses wearing roses. The winner is a family 23b and those have been sneaky good in recent years. Unfortunately, I didn't stick to my initial 1,3,10,11 exacta box. Silver lining is it wasn't gonna pay the rent anyway. On the plus side, one more horse I get on my All Others future pool exacta plays, albeit one I'm not real high on.
f2tornado is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-25-2018, 08:38 PM   #38
Robert Fischer
clean money

Nice call f2tornado , boysattosconova, jay and anyone else who used the winner.

Crazy late odds movement on the 11.
Old 03-25-2018, 09:27 PM   #39
storyline

Doesn't look like anyone posting this raced actually cashed a ticket but the connections of the 10th and 11th race made out like bandits. The DD paid $146.20

I bet this track once a year and it's this race only because I follow the preps.

So many players streaming the race I needed to wait until the replay to see the race from beginning to end, I swear coverage of racing hasn't improved in decades.
storyline is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-25-2018, 10:10 PM   #40
boys at tosconova

ignoring the time of it, it was a pretty big race for the 11.

he was wide throughout and kicked home easily in front of everyone. horse also raced and did something he never did today as well.
boys at tosconova is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-25-2018, 10:23 PM   #41
Afleet

Quote:
Originally Posted by boys at tosconova View Post
ignoring the time of it, it was a pretty big race for the 11.

he was wide throughout and kicked home easily in front of everyone. horse also raced and did something he never did today as well.
curious how his rags#for the race compares w/the other contenders considering how wide he was
Afleet is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-25-2018, 10:53 PM   #42
f2tornado

Equibase gave the winner a 96 which compares to 97 for Hence and 108 for Firing Line. Looking at the race from different perspective, and perhaps a piss poor one at that... Peace ran his usual race and finished 8 plus lengths back from the winner approximately the same 7 plus behind Bolt/McKinzie. Gives me a hint of doubt those two are really head and shouiders better than some other contenders.
f2tornado is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-26-2018, 07:07 AM   #43
boys at tosconova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afleet View Post
curious how his rags#for the race compares w/the other contenders considering how wide he was
i use to be in the rags camp many years ago. all it really did for me is to allow myself to latch on to a couple of longshot horse that never paid off in the big races.

i'm too strong of a capper to blindly follow numerical data where all the variables aren't measured

Quote:
Originally Posted by f2tornado View Post
Equibase gave the winner a 96 which compares to 97 for Hence and 108 for Firing Line. Looking at the race from different perspective, and perhaps a piss poor one at that... Peace ran his usual race and finished 8 plus lengths back from the winner approximately the same 7 plus behind Bolt/McKinzie. Gives me a hint of doubt those two are really head and shouiders better than some other contenders.
yeah,..maybe....but i don't know about that just yet.

i want to watch the replay of this race more. it might be more impressive than the time itself. the 11 was never in doubt and he was sitting on him racing wide stalking. you can't deny it was a big race considering the distance.

what that means for the derby and where he fits in that i don't know. we'll get to see how reride races in dubai, and the 11 might be much better than him
boys at tosconova is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-26-2018, 01:02 PM   #44
Immortal6

While the time was a bit unimpressive, visually the and ran great races. was wide throughout and pulled away from the rest of the field (except for DBD of course) after chasing a hot pace. Looking at the (grainy) replay of the race the was about 6-7 lengths from the lead second to last after 6 furlongs, and if the timing was correct ran the final 3/8 in about 38.2 seconds going very wide around the far turn. Will be interested to see some of the stats from race such as distance traveled and what the and ran the final 3/8 in from someone who knows how to calculate these things more accurately than I do.
Immortal6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-26-2018, 01:15 PM   #45
CincyHorseplayer

I love how advanced we have become as players. Since 2013 I have come to know and interpret pedigree as well as anyone. I invented my own 13 set of ratings off pace numbers. I can detect biases and see trips like someone else watches the sun set! But when it comes down to these races and the contenders it never ceases to amaze me that fast enough is always the most important truth. Final time speed figures are always in the 80+ percentile. It is still the most endurable statistic of all time. Fast wins. I am a better player for finding everything else. Fast is always a staple! Was this race fast enough? If not the analysis goes out the window for the big Derby picture.
CincyHorseplayer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply