Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 1.00 average.
Old 11-13-2018, 01:45 PM   #46
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Asaro View Post
I post tweets because the Owner of the Board allows it. As long as I'm following the terms of service and not violating any other rules why do you care? Me posting tweets is a problem of yours not mine.

As far as when I was Andymays I was a lot more combative and obnoxious and less knowledgeable than I am now.

I don't hope to impress anyone.

I'm just in awe of how many of you have me in your head and let my posts drive you nuts. Most people who didn't like me or my posts would ignore me.

If you have a problem with me and want to organize a group who you thinks it speaks for most others on the board and want to toss me off the board go ahead.
Hey...don't blame ME. It was YOU who asked for our opinions at the start of this thread...and I wanted to voice some opinions of mine. Why should I try to "toss you off the board"? Most of us are experiencing the negative side-effects of a premature winter...and we could use a good laugh.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-13-2018, 01:45 PM   #47
metro

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
The less we know about you, the better...IMO. When you were Andymays, you were moderately appealing here...because you kept a rather low profile. But your twitter-follower count obviously went to your head, and you flooded our board here with your tweets...hoping to impress us with your knowledge and intellect.

Self-promotion doesn't work well when the promoter has little to impress others with.
Maybe I haven't been here long enough to hate on Andy. Is it the volume of his posts that offends you?

I don't hang his every word but for the most part what I've seen him post has been helpful to the board and to the game. Even if it just re-tweeting others in the know it saves me the search.
metro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-13-2018, 01:47 PM   #48
Andy Asaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
Hey...don't blame ME. It was YOU who asked for our opinions at the start of this thread...and I wanted to voice some opinions of mine. Why should I try to "toss you off the board"? Most of us are experiencing the negative side-effects of a premature winter...and we could use a good laugh.

So, you think my posts are funny? Then why do you complain about them?
Andy Asaro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-13-2018, 01:49 PM   #49
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by metro View Post
Maybe I haven't been here long enough to hate on Andy. Is it the volume of his posts that offends you?

I don't hang his every word but for the most part what I've seen him post has been helpful to the board and to the game. Even if it just re-tweeting others in the know it saves me the search.
What if EVERYONE re-tweeted like Andy and FanDan do, what would the board look like then?.....You would need a PA search engine Deluxe to make your way around the site.
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-13-2018, 02:01 PM   #50
v j stauffer

I worked as a groom for Charlie Wittingham 40 years ago. Pin firing was a VERY common practice to help young horses that might be a little shin sore. In fact the procedure was done on many sound horses just as a preventative measure and to induce better blood flow. He also often did what was called "blister" his babies. That was also a way to strengthen the shins and foreleg and expand blood flow to all parts of the leg and foot. Talk about much ado about nothing.
Old 11-13-2018, 02:03 PM   #51
metro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall View Post
What if EVERYONE re-tweeted like Andy and FanDan do, what would the board look like then?.....You would need a PA search engine Deluxe to make your way around the site.
Maybe I'm out of the loop but it seems what Andy re-tweets is more germane to the purpose for the board. FanDan's re-tweets are more in-line with his political beliefs.
metro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-13-2018, 02:04 PM   #52
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Maybe I'm out of the loop but it seems what Andy re-tweets is more germane to the purpose for the board. FanDan's re-tweets are more in-line with his political beliefs.
If they both dialed it back a bit then I would agree with you....
Old 11-13-2018, 02:06 PM   #53
Andy Asaro

Quote:
They are just links to tweets with visual representations that pertain to the thread.

If tweets help the board get more viewership and membership then they are good. Love to know if they have helped. If not PA could simply ban the ability to do it.

Last edited by Andy Asaro; 11-13-2018 at 02:08 PM.
Old 11-13-2018, 02:07 PM   #54
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
They are just links to tweets with visual representations that pertain to the thread.

If tweets help the board get more viewership and membership then they are good. If not PA could simply ban the ability to do it.
Andy, just dial it back a bit, that's all...
Old 11-13-2018, 02:09 PM   #55
Andy Asaro

Quote:
Andy, just dial it back a bit, that's all...
C'mon man. They are either allowed if they pertain to the thread or they're not. And that's up to PA
Old 11-13-2018, 02:25 PM   #56
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
C'mon man. They are either allowed if they pertain to the thread or they're not. And that's up to PA
I tried with some kind of idea to keep the peace....You rejected any moderation, fine.
Old 11-13-2018, 02:44 PM   #57
Andy Asaro

Quote:
I tried with some kind of idea to keep the peace....You rejected any moderation, fine.
There is no peace with Thaskalos and his mini crew. If someone could go back and count all the times he has jumped me or responded personally and negatively to any of my posts the number would be huge. Then when I tweek him back he gets upset and blows his stack. It happened in Off topic last week. I am not interested in most of his posts and I rarely respond to one of his posts unless he has jumped in first. This is exactly the kind of behavior that kills message boards. Yet, he still does it.
Old 11-13-2018, 02:49 PM   #58
thaskalos

Quote:
There is no peace with Thaskalos and his mini crew. If someone could go back and count all the times he has jumped me or responded personally and negatively to any of my posts the number would be huge. Then when I tweek him back he gets upset and blows his stack. It happened in Off topic last week. I am not interested in most of his posts and I rarely respond to one of his posts unless he has jumped in first. This is exactly the kind of behavior that kills message boards. Yet, he still does it.
Don't think that I don't appreciate it.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-13-2018, 07:56 PM   #59
Spalding No!

Quote:
Originally Posted by v j stauffer View Post
I worked as a groom for Charlie Wittingham 40 years ago. Pin firing was a VERY common practice to help young horses that might be a little shin sore. In fact the procedure was done on many sound horses just as a preventative measure and to induce better blood flow. He also often did what was called "blister" his babies. That was also a way to strengthen the shins and foreleg and expand blood flow to all parts of the leg and foot. Talk about much ado about nothing.
You're skimming past the major point, though. Despite its acceptance in the past (and a rather tepid endorsement from the AAEP), pin-firing in recent decades has become an equine welfare issue. In many circles it is considered an outdated/archaic method of "therapy". The term "therapy" should be used very loosely because in no way is it a pleasant procedure for a horse to undergo...even the aftercare--which involves applying irritant "paints"--is not without it's question marks.

Furthermore, while the rationale behind it superficially seems to make sense, there is really no evidence that pin-firing is an effective therapy.
Spalding No! is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-14-2018, 06:16 PM   #60
chadk66

Quote:
Originally Posted by v j stauffer View Post
100% correct.
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: