Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Contests + Other Interesting Racing Topics > Harness Racing

Old 07-05-2018, 09:29 AM   #1
Teach

Meadowlands: Friday, July 6

Race One:

“Inside Job?” That’s what it looks like. But which filly-trotter? In order of preference: 2 HURRIKANE LORI ANN. Same caliber. Same place. Same post. Same driver. Same trainer. Same result? A steady, measured drive by Monsieur Daniel Dube, Trois-Rivieres sur Saint Lawrence, Quebec, Canada should do the job. John McDermott, Jr. trains this 2-year old Lis Mara-bred bay filly. 1 MOLLYDOOKER is the question mark. Two-straight “breaks”. The most recent, a hopples issue. In the prior race, she “broke” in the stretch but recovered to finish 2nd. This Great Vintage-bred must mind her manners. If she stays flat, she’s “a contendah”. If she doesn’t… This gal has to be respected; yet, if you’re thinking of playing her, especially on top, I would consider: “Buying insurance”. Brett Miller for Tony Alagna. 3 HURRIKANESKY cannot be overlooked. Solid second-place finish to “Lori Ann”. Any slight improvement… “The Bionic Man,” Tim Tetrick reprises for trainer Bruce Saunders. 4 LOVE LOVE ME TOO (Sounds like “The Beatles”) is not to be overlooked. “Can close…can close, this guy says the horse can close…” (“Fugue for Tinhorns”). This well-bred filly looks like she’s “heading in the right direction”. I would counsel considering her in your gimmicks. And, if the race breaks down, this young lady is capable of picking up the pieces. Chris Ryder owns, trains, and drives.

Race Two:

6 FRENCH CAFÉ was just nailed at the wire by Whispering Oaks last week. If “The Orange Crush,” Andy Miller, can get this Father Patrick-bred to the top without too much exertion, he can then ration out this gal’s speed and have his picture taken in “The Big M’s” winner’s circle. Julie Miller trains. Others: 2 Devilish Delight; 4 Tric Trac; 3 Taja Mahala

Race Three:

2 LUCIUS VORENUS (this gelding’s name sounds like one of those co-consuls in the ancient Roman Republic) surprised a lot of folks last week by finishing 2nd to Greenshoe at almost 24-1 (don’t expect those odds, this evening). I was impressed. Greenshoe was just too much for that field, but this guy showed me something. I believe this gelding is going to receive a lot of attention. “Buckeye,” Dave Miller, mans the lines for trainer Joe Holloway. Others: 5 Trix and Stones; 3 Cheap Tricks; 1 Gerris Trix.

Race Four:

1 CASH REWARD. All that appears necessary is for 2-year old bay filly to “mind her manners” and she’ll find herself having her picture taken in the winner’s circle. The last race was most impressive. C’est “Le Frelon Vert,” Monsieur Yannick Gingras, Sorel-Tracy sur Saint Lawrence, Quebec, Canada is in the sulky for trainer Jimmy Takter. Others: 2 Surreality; 5 Treacherous Reign; 7 Postmodernism.

Race Five:

2 BATTENBERG. This colt just missed – he finished 2nd-a half – to Hudson River in his last. This 2-year old appears to be catching a weaker field. This Cantab Hall-bred should be able to make it to the top from a #2 starting post. Dave Miller is in the bike for trainer Joe Holloway. My only caveat: Don’t expect much in return from betting on this horse; he will likely go off as the prohibitive favorite. Remember: These are 2-year-old trotters. “Buying insurance” might be a strategy that one would consider. Others: 5 No Drama Please; 3 Memo; 4 Galixton.

Race Six:

3 JD’S NOAH. I’m tryin’ for the upset. I like both what I believe will be his race-time odds and his improvement over his last three races. You can add to the equation the driving skills of “The Captain,” Corey Callahan. Tony Dinges, the former rodeo rider, trains this Captain treacherous-bred 2-year old bay colt. I particularly like this guy’s most recent effort in a PA stakes race at Pocono. I believe this fella can outrun his odds. A win would be “icing on the cake”. I’m using him in my gimmicks. Others: 2 Blacklight; 1 Odds on Boca Raton; 5 EscapeToTheBeach.

Race Seven:

7 TALL DRINK HANOVER gets my nod in this Kindergarten Series race. I assume this 2-year old filly will be coming “off the tailgate” (It doesn’t appear that she has the kind of gate speed to vie for the lead). In this case, she will likely need help. If this gal’s driver, Yannick Gingras, can pick up some “liver cover” and if the early speed breaks down, this young lady becomes “a player”. Yes, there are a lot of “Ifs,” but if all pans out, this filly can be there at the wire. Others: 2 Izzy Hanover; 3 A Beach Cowgirl; 5 Shaylo.

Race Eight:

1 PENPAL returns to “Club Med” and draws inside. That could be a prescription for a trip to the winner’s circle. This 5-year old bay mare’s pilot is the Montreal native, Pat Lachance. (LaChance was such a good hockey player as a young man he might have played for “Les Habitats,” the Montreal Canadiens). The son of the Hall-of-Famer, Mike Lachance, Lachance knows his way around the racetrack. His rail starting post gives him a tactical advantage. He could find himself in the “Garden Spot”. Others: 4 Beyonces Rockn; 3 Spinpressive; 5 Cracklin Rosie.

Race Nine:

2 CLASSICHAP. No Classichap was not the likely winner in his last. It was a race in which this Chapter Seven-bred was impeded (he was placed 2nd) in the stretch by Eurobond. Yes, he did go off at ridiculously low odds: 2-to-5; however, I’m not ready to abandon ship. I believe this Trond Smedshammer-trained and driven 3-year old has a shot at winning. He does once again draw inside. He’s certainly capable. Others: 3 Quantum Kemp; 4 Tactical Landing; 7 Southwind Chrome.

Race Ten:

7 SHEER TALENT gets my nod. This 4-year old Badlands Hanover-bred bay mare has been racing across the Hudson on the Saw Mill River Parkway, a.k.a, Yonkers Raceway. This gal hasn’t shown much, but, in all fairness, her posts haven’t been that good, especially at an inside-post favoring track. Well, this distaffer now tries “the big mile”. That just might serve as a wake-up call. Scott Zeron is in the bike. Carmen Auciello trains. Others: 9 Daenary’s Hanover; 8 ICommandMySpirit; 1 The Second Star.

Race Eleven:

8 SWEET ROYALTY gets my lukewarm, tepid call in this trot. Wasn’t that some “blowout” mile up at “The Spa”. Yet, he’s coming back on only three days rest. This 5-year old gelding also draws “outside”. If he’s going to “the top,” he’ll need a lot of energy to get there. Further, he did meet a relatively weak field at Saratoga. If this guy runs back to his last win… Then again, there are concerns. Take a look at him on the track. “The Thunder from Down Under,” Andy McCarthy, is in the sulky for trainer Jordan Derue. Others: 6 Mr Protab; 4 Its Chocolate Time; 2 Clifton Beach.

Race Twelve:

5 SPECIAL HONOR won the first leg of this series in a convincing manner. I see no reason she can’t win, again and make it three in a row. It’s “Team Orange Crush”: Andy Miller drives, His wife Julie trains. Just one note: These are 2-year old trotters. In these races, I’m always looking to back up my top selection. Others: 7 Starita; 1 Mother Bonnie; 6 Atonement.

Race Thirteen:

It’s “The Inside” here. I’m going with 3 U S Captain. If this guy can do in the p.m. what’s he’s done in the a.m., he‘s most capable of prevailing. Yannick Gingras is in the sulky for trainer Tony Alagna. This Captain treacherous-bred should be able to sit a “stalk and pounce” trip. This bay colt has shown sharp closing speed. Others: 1 Captain Ahab; 2 Bronson; 4 Union Station.

Race Fourteen:

In the finale, 3 SAND ARTIST is coming out of a tougher race, one in which this Art Major-bred filly finished 5th. Yet she stopped the “Big M” tele-timer in 1:50.4 (she was a longshot in that one). That effort might just have been an acclimating mile as this gal returns to East Rutherford after a stint at Yonkers. She does, as cited, receive a modicum of class relief. This gal also picks up the services of Dave Miller. Linda Toscano trains. Others: 4 Sun Shines Bright; 1/1A Modesty/Solitary; 6 Center of Hope.

"Walt, make a 'mental bet' and lose your mind." R.N.S.

"The important thing is what I think of myself."
"David and Lisa" (1962)

Teach is offline   Reply With Quote Reply