Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 10-29-2018, 07:19 PM   #76
castaway01

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTPUNSHON View Post
I may be able to help with some of the English/Irish runners as I have my own ratings which include Early/Final Sectionals, Run Style, Final Times etc. PM for any races/runners needed
How about a free one of all of us. Give us one Euro that you like who is at least 10-1. That will sell your ratings better than anything I can think of.
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-29-2018, 10:56 PM   #77
LemonSoupKid

Am I not allowed to ask for free PPs here?

LemonSoupKid is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-30-2018, 12:12 AM   #78
papillon

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsy View Post
I don’t think 55 degrees is “cold” to a horse. Maybe a horse that’s never left a warm climate it may be a factor but that’s ideal weather for most horses. The most important factor is the track surface and how the horse handles and travels over it. This is one of my major knocks on just looking at numbers. If a horse changes tracks there’s no accounting for that until they handle it. It’s also a major reason the BC should move around. It’s obvious that many horses have run better in their own region over the years. The years on the “poly” were a total joke for evaluating horses from the actual dirt tracks. 50 to 55 degrees is no problem for a horse. Most like it cooler. Getting over the surface , however, is a huge factor.
The race will take place under the lights, it will be closer to 40 than 50.

Horses respond to heat/cold and humidity/dryness like humans, like humans, they get aclimated to their home climate.

In FL right now the weather turned delightful yesterday. Classic Chamber of Commerce, raison d'etre weather for the state. We were all saying how it felt chilly out--it's 67. We'll all be bundled in longsleeves and socks with sandals when it hits 65, I'm not kidding. 50 and we'll break out parkas.

But anywho, I was just reporting what Ron Ellis said.
papillon is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-30-2018, 05:05 AM   #79
DTPUNSHON

Breeders Cup

Due to recent changes in Data Protection I am struggling to find anywhere to purchase PPs as I reside in Ireland. Can anybody help, I don't want anything for free and more than willing to pay.
DTPUNSHON is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-30-2018, 05:21 AM   #80
DTPUNSHON

Ratings

I wasn't looking to sell My Ratings but merely offering final times and sectionals for some of the English/Irish horses that people requested. Not selling anything but thanks for my first taste of PaceAdvantage hospitality
Old 10-30-2018, 05:31 AM   #81
DTPUNSHON

English/Irish runners

Quote:
Originally Posted by castaway01 View Post
How about a free one of all of us. Give us one Euro that you like who is at least 10-1. That will sell your ratings better than anything I can think of.
I wasn't looking to sell My Ratings but merely offering final times and sectionals for some of the English/Irish horses that people requested. Not selling anything but thanks for my first taste of PaceAdvantage hospitality
Old 10-30-2018, 10:10 AM   #82
DTPUNSHON

Any Use

Quote:
2018-10-30_14h04_37.png
Old 10-30-2018, 12:03 PM   #83
f2tornado

The last Cup at Churchill Downs featured a massive rail bias. Something to ponder as you put together selections.
f2tornado is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-30-2018, 12:11 PM   #84
Suff
Beat up 💪

Quote:

Yea, that was a little harsh. I almost typed a clean-up but I'm not the boards police officer or ambassador. PA has a good base of players who share a lot of valuable things.

Thanks, and consider sharing some Euro data please.
Suff is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-30-2018, 12:21 PM   #85
LemonSoupKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by f2tornado View Post
The last Cup at Churchill Downs featured a massive rail bias. Something to ponder as you put together selections.
Which was the best example of this, tornado?
Old 10-30-2018, 12:22 PM   #86
the little guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by f2tornado View Post
2006 maybe, but not 2011 ( or 2010 as I recall ).
the little guy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-30-2018, 12:41 PM   #87
LemonSoupKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy View Post
The 2011 BC mile was the most painful beat I've ever had. I had two or more pick 4 tickets with Turallure on top (11-1), had already nailed St. Nicholas Abbey (7-1) in the Turf and Hansen in the Juvenile (8-1) ... of course, I had Drosselmeyer at 13-1 and he won. That nose beat by Court Vision (61-1!) after a stumble from the gate by Turallure ruined my whole weekend. I think I watched the replay 5 times and couldn't believe that I actually lost the photo. A part of me still doesn't think it as possible, lol.

What's funny is that there wasn't a winning pick 6 ticket that day, and 5 of 6 paid 95k. The $2 pick 4 paid 187k. I obviously wouldn't have had that much but I would have had a $1 at least of 20-30k, hehe --- damn those are great memories even though it was painful.
Old 10-30-2018, 01:41 PM   #88
f2tornado

Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy View Post
I had 2010 locked in my mind when I made that comment. 2011 was not as biased to the rail but still featured all winners coming from the 9 hole or in. The vertical gimmicks largely played out the same that year.

Turf: 1 - St. Nicholas Abbey

Sprint: 1 - Big Drama
Turf Sprint: 1 - Chamberlain Bridge
Dirt Mile 1 - Dakota Phone

Distaff: 1 - Pound Pond
Sprint: 1 - Thor's Echo
Juvenile: 1 - Street Sense
JuvFillies: 1 - Dreaming of Anna

There were 7 winners of all 22 cup races ran between the 2006 and 2010 events at Churchill Downs. Many were big odds too. This is an astounding 32% win percentage, albeit a small sample size. Adding the 15 races from 2011 still yields 8 rail winners out of larger sample size of 37 races, a still very solid 22% clip.
f2tornado is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-30-2018, 04:36 PM   #89
SeaHorseRacing

I am forecasting a terrible time for European runners this year except for the last few races on Saturday.

A lot of the top quality European Runners are over the top imo. I think the US turf horses are exceptional good this year.

Although I am predicting a European classic winner this year. I think the Europeans will win no more then 3 races in total.
SeaHorseRacing is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-30-2018, 06:00 PM   #90
gm10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaHorseRacing View Post
I am forecasting a terrible time for European runners this year except for the last few races on Saturday.

A lot of the top quality European Runners are over the top imo. I think the US turf horses are exceptional good this year.

Although I am predicting a European classic winner this year. I think the Europeans will win no more then 3 races in total.
The O'Brien horses are just hitting their best form, after the yard's medical problems during the summer.

Enable is probably fitter after running her first proper race (Arc) this season, as is Thunder Snow after his long summer break.

Not making any predictions, but I don't agree with the overall sentiment.
gm10 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply