Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 09-03-2018, 04:46 PM   #256
v j stauffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by v j stauffer View Post
Everything I played today is Pick N Pray.
So after signing up for my games today I've got an extra $250. So I kinda like the Saratoga card and decide to play a $218 head to head in addition to what I already have. I'm first in so I don't know who my opponent will be if someone signs up.

Someone signed up alright.

Garrett "freakin" Skiba.

One of the elite big money tournament players in the world!

It's never easy

UPDATE:

With three races to go he's got me $40.30 to $36.80 and in one of the last 3 races we have the same horse.

Tough!

Last edited by v j stauffer; 09-03-2018 at 04:50 PM.
v j stauffer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-03-2018, 05:00 PM   #257
RunForTheRoses

Quote:
So after signing up for my games today I've got an extra $250. So I kinda like the Saratoga card and decide to play a $218 head to head in addition to what I already have. I'm first in so I don't know who my opponent will be if someone signs up.

Someone signed up alright.

Garrett "freakin" Skiba.

One of the elite big money tournament players in the world!

It's never easy

UPDATE:

With three races to go he's got me $40.30 to $36.80 and in one of the last 3 races we have the same horse.

Tough!
Bootlegger was a good pick. Rudy Rod has been having a fantastic meet, lots of price horses.
RunForTheRoses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-03-2018, 05:05 PM   #258
v j stauffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunForTheRoses View Post
Bootlegger was a good pick. Rudy Rod has been having a fantastic meet, lots of price horses.
Thanks. Put me in front in a $430 and drew me closer in the $218. Also got into decent striking position in the BCBC qualifier.

And the beat goes on.
Old 09-18-2018, 04:11 PM   #259
v j stauffer

I played a bunch of Head to Head matchups at Parx and Presque Isle yesterday. Won most of them. Of course Thask kicked my ass in the one we played. I'm used to that. I hit a nice $11.00 horse in the last at Parx to sweep my matches. I always knew even though I was trailing in several at Presque Isle I could hit the last there and do well because I used a horse named Little Matt that was 30-1 on the morning line. This turned out to be very interesting. First they announce a jockey change to Jose Bracho. I knew 30-1 was crazy. So when he opened at 10-1 it made perfect sense. During the entire betting he never went lower than 9-1 or higher than 13-1. As he walked into the gate he was 11-1. He breaks like a shot and goes right to the front. He's nicely in the lead turning into the backstretch and for the first time they put up the running order numbers. He was 9/2!. I was on a rental car shuttle watching the race on my phone so the picture was blurry. I assumed it was 9-1. No!9/2 He gallops. Wins by 4 and it wasn't that close. I know we've all seen late odds drops. Happens. But this was intense. The only plausible explanation is Thask bet a couple dimes on him to make his price go so far down it wouldn't be enough for me to catch him in our $55.00 head to head match. Well played Thasky!

Last edited by v j stauffer; 09-18-2018 at 04:14 PM.
v j stauffer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-18-2018, 06:45 PM   #260
thaskalos

Quote:
I played a bunch of Head to Head matchups at Parx and Presque Isle yesterday. Won most of them. Of course Thask kicked my ass in the one we played. I'm used to that. I hit a nice $11.00 horse in the last at Parx to sweep my matches. I always knew even though I was trailing in several at Presque Isle I could hit the last there and do well because I used a horse named Little Matt that was 30-1 on the morning line. This turned out to be very interesting. First they announce a jockey change to Jose Bracho. I knew 30-1 was crazy. So when he opened at 10-1 it made perfect sense. During the entire betting he never went lower than 9-1 or higher than 13-1. As he walked into the gate he was 11-1. He breaks like a shot and goes right to the front. He's nicely in the lead turning into the backstretch and for the first time they put up the running order numbers. He was 9/2!. I was on a rental car shuttle watching the race on my phone so the picture was blurry. I assumed it was 9-1. No!9/2 He gallops. Wins by 4 and it wasn't that close. I know we've all seen late odds drops. Happens. But this was intense. The only plausible explanation is Thask bet a couple dimes on him to make his price go so far down it wouldn't be enough for me to catch him in our $55.00 head to head match. Well played Thasky!
I was watching you on TVG at the time, and wondered if that last horse of yours would pay enough to make you the winner of our heads-up tourney. At one point in the betting, the horse was shown at odds of 22-1...but I knew all along that it didn't have the look of a real longshot. Congrats on winning the "meaningful" tournaments, though.
Old 09-18-2018, 07:15 PM   #261
Afleet

Quote:
Will Oaklawn be offering contests this year? Please help get this going. Derbywars want to offer contests, but Oaklawn is not on board Derbywars claim (I have corresponded/complained to them). Also, how about a live feed on the website? Woodbine's website would be a good example of a racing website: free digital program, live feed, free replays, Bannon and Lupal and others picks.
Afleet is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-22-2018, 07:18 PM   #262
v j stauffer

In addition to my DTT**

I'm beginning to think the smaller players on HoresTourneys are the best!

When I intend to play head to head matchups I will always enter a $22 game so I have a template to put my picks in.

Once they're in I copy them to the larger $218, $430 & $795 which I grind out a profit on.

However I NEVER win the $22 game.

Today was a perfect example.

I played one game for $430 and won $50.90 to $7.40

Same picks in the small game and I'm a loser! $51.90 to $50.90

Attention Kirk Vallery. Whomever you are. Congrats on your win and please keep playing the $20.00 contests!

**DAILY THASK THRASHING**

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: