Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2014, 08:20 PM   #46
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise Over Run
Then based on the photos she must have married you in her early teens. I let Mostie take issue with you on that.
I'm 4 years older..........I know, I look like I'm an old man......
Old 07-22-2014, 08:21 PM   #47
Steve 'StatMan'
Traded By Cubs

Ya done Ralphie!
Old 07-22-2014, 11:28 PM   #48
NJ Stinks

What have we learned from the posts in this thread?

1. Ralph has no problem mocking the way certain people look.

2. Mostpost is wrong to identify Ralph's wife for the 99% of us who found that nugget interesting.

3. Clocker regurgitates his "We can't possibly act like real people on an open forum" mantra.

4. Greyfox makes it seem unattractive to attempt becoming attractive.

5. Incoming got Obama involved in two sentences.

6. Ralph's wife has a great smile!

7. Reckless spreads more good cheer as only Reckless can.

8. Dartman is ready to convict based on circumstantial evidence.

9. Rise Over Run goes offside but shrewdly implies Mostpost drew him offside!

10. And, of course, Liberals bad - Conservatives saintly.
Old 07-22-2014, 11:40 PM   #49
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Stinks

2. Mostpost is wrong to identify Ralph's wife for the 99% of us who found that nugget interesting.

3. Clocker regurgitates his "We can't possibly act like real people on an open forum" mantra.

Damn!! Ten for ten. Nicely done.
Old 07-22-2014, 11:52 PM   #50
Steve 'StatMan'
Traded By Cubs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve 'StatMan'
Ya done Ralphie!
Ack! That was supposed to read, "Ya Done Well Ralphie!"
Old 07-23-2014, 12:00 AM   #51
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Ok, that makes more sense

Married up for sure.......
Old 07-23-2014, 12:03 AM   #52
mostpost

Quote:
Well, I knew what you meant.
Old 07-23-2014, 12:12 AM   #53
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph
I'm 4 years older..........I know, I look like I'm an old man......
I just went to your profile and found you were born Jan. 13, 1960. Which means you are 54. That makes the Mrs. 50. She is obviously lying about her age. She is no more than 40. Strange, when most people lie about their age, they make themselves younger not older.
Old 07-23-2014, 10:00 AM   #54
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost
I just went to your profile and found you were born Jan. 13, 1960. Which means you are 54. That makes the Mrs. 50. She is obviously lying about her age. She is no more than 40. Strange, when most people lie about their age, they make themselves younger not older.
That was a turd move posting a picture of Ralph and his wife in that context.

You have no class. You weren't defending a fellow member here...you were defending a freakin' PUBLIC FIGURE (Michael Moore no less) by going after RALPH (and his wife to a lesser extent, despite your pathetic attempts to back down from that).

You act as if you've never commented on Rush Limbaugh's or Chris Christie's weight in a negative way? Something tells me you have and nobody had the low class to trot out a photo of you from the Arlington PaceAdvantage meet-up, although they could have quite easily.

And yes, I know some on here have gone after you based on your past employer, and denigrated the work you did for many years, and I defended YOU more than once and told everyone that was the wrong thing to do to a fellow poster here...and now I say the same thing to you.

Smarten up....
Old 07-23-2014, 10:23 AM   #55
badcompany

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Stinks

11. NJ Stinks devoted way too much time and energy to this post.

12. It's killing the Libs, here, that Ralph has a good looking wife.

― Thomas Sowell

Last edited by badcompany; 07-23-2014 at 10:27 AM.
Old 07-23-2014, 10:28 AM   #56
HUSKER55

maybe things are better in NJ and he has time to play trivial dribble.

No Balls.......No baby!

Have you ever noticed that those who do not have a pot to piss in nor a window to throw it out of always seem to know how to handle the money of those who do.
Old 07-23-2014, 11:16 AM   #57
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by badcompany
11. NJ Stinks devoted way too much time and energy to this post.

12. It's killing the Libs, here, that Ralph has a good looking wife.
13. Tom feels slighted - he didn't make the list.

I promise I will buckle down and get my head back in the game!
Old 07-23-2014, 01:05 PM   #58
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage

You have no class. You weren't defending a fellow member here...you were defending a freakin' PUBLIC FIGURE (Michael Moore no less) by going after RALPH (and his wife to a lesser extent, despite your pathetic attempts to back down from that).

You act as if you've never commented on Rush Limbaugh's or Chris Christie's weight in a negative way? Something tells me you have and nobody had the low class to trot out a photo of you from the Arlington PaceAdvantage meet-up, although they could have quite easily.

And yes, I know some on here have gone after you based on your past employer, and denigrated the work you did for many years, and I defended YOU more than once and told everyone that was the wrong thing to do to a fellow poster here...and now I say the same thing to you.

Smarten up....
As a matter of fact I never have commented on either Rush Limbaugh's or Chris Christie's weight in a negative way. My disdain for Limbaugh is based on his politics and the way he lies to prove his points. On his short lived television show years back, Limbaugh was fond of mocking the looks of Chelsea Clinton by talking about her and putting up pictures of various dogs. She was eleven years old at the time.

I don't think it should make a difference if someone is a public figure or not. Criticizing their appearance is the lazy way out. And it is a common tactic by conservatives here. Michelle Obama, Nancy Pelosi, Rachel Maddow, Debbie Wasserman Schultz have all been mocked for various physical failings. It is just not right.

Nor have I ever said anything negative about JustRalph's wife. Somewhere on this board there is a post in which I was complimentary of JR's wife. I don't mean in this thread, after the fact. I mean years ago.

I posted the picture from the 2011 Saratoga outing because I did not think it was right for JR to make fun of someone-public figure or not. Argue Michael Moore's politics all you want, but what purpose is served by denigrating his wife other than to make ones self feel superior?

NJ Stinks is right when he says my purpose in pointing out JR"S wife was to inform everyone who she was but that was not the whole story. I did indeed wish to show that she was-at least to appearances in that photo-a larger women. JR says she is 5' 9" and 145 now-I think she weighed a bit more when that photo was taken, but that is neither here nor there.

Here is where the problem arises. Being the negative creatures they are and thinking that I think like they do, folks like Dartman51 immediately assumed that I was referencing Mrs. JR in a negative light as in "How dare you speak about Mrs. Moore's weight in a derogatory fashion when you have a fat wife."

But my purpose-which maybe I should have made more clear-was that size does not preclude beauty. That is the truth. I really could care less whether you believe it or not.

As for my picture at the AP gathering a few years ago, go ahead post it. Appearance is the least important factor of my being. Feel free to ask any of the other attendees if they feel I acted inappropriately or if they are hoping I never attend another such function.
Old 07-23-2014, 02:18 PM   #59
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Close the thread.

It went from an old thread in the name of fun to disparaging my wife. My wife and I have never hidden behind anything and have spent days at a time with several members here on the board.

My wife has gone out of her way to entertain and host several from this board. Including hundreds of dollars in free meals and entertainment via her job. All because I invited somebody from PA. Like I said, she's a saint who puts up with me and my friends, that's just us. It's no big deal.

I see nothing else good that come from this thread. Close it
Old 07-23-2014, 02:48 PM   #60
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage

Smarten up....
Why was Mostie's work denigrated; was he a drug dealer or something?

And what did those who did the denigrating do for a living?

By the way...this business of disparaging people for the way that they look does not show us in a very good light...public figure or not. We have "freedom" in this country...and this means the freedom to look the way we want to look. I feel safe in assuming that NONE of us are mistaken for Brad Pitt when we are walking down the street.

If Mostie's posting of the picture of Ralph's wife was meant as a put-down...then he failed miserably. She is obviously a very attractive woman...which means that Ralph's winner-selection skills are not limited to the racetrack alone.

Last edited by thaskalos; 07-23-2014 at 02:50 PM.
Closed Thread