Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 05-14-2017, 12:57 PM   #196
_______
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadk66 View Post
for your argument to make any sense it would take Trump to follow the status quo of presidents. he wasn't elected to do that. he was elected to drain the swamp. that's what is happening. sit back and enjoy it like the rest of us.
You can chant "drain the swamp" all you want but it won't change the fact that he needs to pass legislation to do so.
_______ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-14-2017, 01:01 PM   #197
hcap

Trump meltdown sets off GOP alarms over 2018 midterm

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/0...p-alarm-238342

Quote:
CORONADO, Calif. — With the White House in meltdown mode, top Republican Party officials and operatives gathered at a posh oceanside resort here and contemplated a 2018 midterm election that will test them in unimaginable ways.

At the Republican National Committee’s spring meeting, strategists expressed alarm about a pair of upcoming special House elections and what they might portend for the battle for the lower chamber next year. One high-profile potential candidate outlined how he would distinguish himself from the embattled president.
Just a matter of time.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-14-2017, 01:12 PM   #198
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/0...p-alarm-238342

Just a matter of time.

You are correct sir, who would have thought that even some RePugs are part of the swamp.

It may be some time until the MAD party regains control, and they may need a revolutionary war to help them.
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-14-2017, 01:13 PM   #199
incoming

Quote:
for your argument to make any sense it would take Trump to follow the status quo of presidents. he wasn't elected to do that. he was elected to drain the swamp. that's what is happening. sit back and enjoy it like the rest of us.
In the last election if the only people allowed to vote were politicians and the media, Mrs Clinton would have won in a overwhelming landslide. I think this group will find that President Trump is a formidable opponent. Time will tell...
incoming is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-14-2017, 01:34 PM   #200
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by incoming View Post
In the last election if the only people allowed to vote were politicians and the media, Mrs Clinton would have won in a overwhelming landslide. I think this group will find that President Trump is a formidable opponent. Time will tell...
He beat a stacked deck, have to give him credit for that.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-14-2017, 01:49 PM   #201
hcap

‘Our institutions are under assault internally’: James Clapper says Trump is a threat to the U.S. government

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/14/politi...sia-collusion/
Old 05-14-2017, 02:01 PM   #202
Clocker

Quote:
‘Our institutions are under assault internally’: James Clapper says Trump is a threat to the U.S. government
You seem to be assuming that's a bad thing.
Old 05-14-2017, 02:16 PM   #203
chadk66

Quote:
Originally Posted by _______ View Post
You can chant "drain the swamp" all you want but it won't change the fact that he needs to pass legislation to do so.
not necessarily. he just got rid of one disease at the FBI, no legislation needed. IRS is gonna be next. He's just getting started. relax and enjoy the ride.
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-14-2017, 02:22 PM   #204
hcap

Quote:
You seem to be assuming that's a bad thing.
I'm not the only one.

It must be so comforting for youse guys to buy into this bull. Thinking the "lame stream" media was put up to this by disgruntled dems and therefore you have nothing whatsoever to worry about
.................................................. ..........
GOP senator accuses Trump of eroding ‘trust in our institutions’ after abrupt Comey firing

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/05/gop-...-comey-firing/
Old 05-14-2017, 02:45 PM   #205
Inner Dirt

Quote:
I'm not the only one.

It must be so comforting for youse guys to buy into this bull. Thinking the "lame stream" media was put up to this by disgruntled dems and therefore you have nothing whatsoever to worry about
.................................................. ..........
GOP senator accuses Trump of eroding ‘trust in our institutions’ after abrupt Comey firing

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/05/gop-...-comey-firing/

Quote:
I have no interest anymore trying to convince you trumpeters that trump is the worst p.o.s. president EVER!!

Like the left wing sources you quote your word doesn't mean spit. You constantly say you are going to stop spewing crap about a subject then start right back up a page later. I can see why you found Hillary's dishonesty so appealing.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-14-2017, 02:48 PM   #206
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Keep thinking that.
Fact is, most people don't give a hoot about any of the crap you guys are crying about.

Chicken Littles. Nothing more.
Old 05-14-2017, 02:48 PM   #207
davew

Lying under oath to Congress must be a democrat party acceptable thing .... for many people, it means a person is no longer completely reliable about anything they say.
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-14-2017, 02:53 PM   #208
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Every time a democrat tells a lie, a devil gets his horns.
Old 05-14-2017, 03:05 PM   #209
BaffertsWig

Quote:
not necessarily. he just got rid of one disease at the FBI, no legislation needed. IRS is gonna be next.
Holy shit
BaffertsWig is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-14-2017, 06:47 PM   #210
classhandicapper

The short period since this election has convinced me that I've been naive for 58 years. I now think it will be virtually impossible to clean up the mess in Washington democratically. It will require a violent revolution. I'm not sure what's going to trigger it, when it will occur, or whether the good guys or bad guys will win, My best guess is that when the establishment finally loses control of the paper monetary system and the economy gets really bad, the level of unemployment, hunger, crime, and disease will get so high, people are going to take up arms against politicians, media heads, Wall St and bank executives, central bankers and the super wealthy. If I'm alive to see it (and I suspect I might be), I won't be one of the people turning to violence, but I will not be cheering or working against them.