Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 12-19-2023, 04:57 PM   #1
46zilzal
velocitician

what is up with the Eagles?

Are they THAT banged up?

Great game last night with the young quarterback and rookie wide receiver pulling it out of their rears late in the game.

One of the Metcalf catches where he almost caught the ball with his left and hip, reminded me of that catch tha Kearse made in the Hawks ill fated SUper Bowl where the ball bounced around on his midsection before secured it about 3 yards out from paydirt
Old 12-19-2023, 06:34 PM   #2
PalaceOfFortLarned

I think they are pretty banged up, but also their schedule has been brutal the last 6 weeks:

vs Dallas
@ Kansas City
vs Buffalo
vs San Francisco
@ Dallas
@ Seattle

That is 3 teams many see as solid chances of getting to the Super Bowl and 2 others fighting for their playoff lives.

They now end the season with 2 games vs the Giants and 1 game against the Cards to right the ship and get healthy. At worst I see 12-5, and very well could be 13-4 and the #2 seed in the NFC.
PalaceOfFortLarned is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-19-2023, 08:00 PM   #3
kingfin66
Bombardier

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalaceOfFortLarned View Post
I think they are pretty banged up, but also their schedule has been brutal the last 6 weeks:

vs Dallas
@ Kansas City
vs Buffalo
vs San Francisco
@ Dallas
@ Seattle

That is 3 teams many see as solid chances of getting to the Super Bowl and 2 others fighting for their playoff lives.

They now end the season with 2 games vs the Giants and 1 game against the Cards to right the ship and get healthy. At worst I see 12-5, and very well could be 13-4 and the #2 seed in the NFC.
That is one hell of a gauntlet (gantlet?). Even Seattle, who came into last night's game on a 4-game losing streak, is better than their record. Thanks to a good start, Philadelphia is right in the thick of things for the division and playoffs.

That was a BIG win for Seattle.
Old 12-19-2023, 08:01 PM   #4
kingfin66
Bombardier

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46zilzal View Post
Are they THAT banged up?

Great game last night with the young quarterback and rookie wide receiver pulling it out of their rears late in the game.

One of the Metcalf catches where he almost caught the ball with his left and hip, reminded me of that catch tha Kearse made in the Hawks ill fated SUper Bowl where the ball bounced around on his midsection before secured it about 3 yards out from paydirt
Kearse never got enough credit for that circus catch. I think he would have if Seattle had won the game. Don't forget that INT to ice the game. The one by the "veteran" safety.
Old 12-19-2023, 10:37 PM   #5
jimmyb

They're not looking like a championship team.
jimmyb is online now   Reply With Quote Reply