Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 1.00 average.
Old 01-07-2019, 10:13 AM   #151
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
You.said.Trump.was.out.of.the.decision.
Why are they they waiting if they.got.around.him?

Try.to.keep.your.stories.straight.
Because Senate Republicans are still being good soldiers and trying to shield him. They don't want to force the veto decision out of him so they are hoping he can strike a deal that allows him to save some face... they don't want to break party unity.

If the House CR's spill onto the Senate floor they will be passed. They will also be spilled onto the floor this week if something isn't done.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-07-2019, 10:40 AM   #152
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

So, NOTHING new.

Just baiting the waters, as your usual.
Old 01-07-2019, 10:47 AM   #153
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
So, NOTHING new.

Just baiting the waters, as your usual.
Politics are optics.

Democrats are painting the President as the roadblock and driving the wedge between Senate R's and the White House. Today they are going to pass bills to make sure SNAP stays funded and people can receive their IRS Income Tax Refunds.

Meanwhile Trump is talking about Steel vs. Concrete and fence vs. wall...

Their strategy is working.
Old 01-07-2019, 11:07 AM   #154
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg ScreenShot3124.jpg (22.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-07-2019, 11:15 AM   #155
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocala Mike View Post
Tom, the apparent arbiter of all things PA informed me that this is not 2013 but 2019.

I forget, was Trump a Republican or a Democrat or an Independent that year?
Old 01-07-2019, 11:19 AM   #156
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
Politics are optics.

Democrats are painting the President as the roadblock and driving the wedge between Senate R's and the White House. Today they are going to pass bills to make sure SNAP stays funded and people can receive their IRS Income Tax Refunds.

Meanwhile Trump is talking about Steel vs. Concrete and fence vs. wall...

Their strategy is working.
Let's talk about all these 'Republicans' you (incorrectly, as always) say are protecting Trump:

Mitt Romney, UT -- anti-Trumper, who could only win an election in Mormon Utah. The Trump haters may now love him, but few others do.

Mitch McConnell, KY -- a roadblock to the Trump Agenda while not an virulent anti-Trumper, but he is far from being a facilitator.

John Coryn, TX -- not an anti-Trumper, but a open borders 'reasonable' -- LOL -- Republican who can't be depended on any issue.

Pat Roberts, Kansas -- senile closeted Trump hater, thankfully is retiring but Kansas is a lost state regardless if a Republican wins his seat, which is likely.

Richard Burr, NC -- fake, phony, fraud, a closeted anti-Trumper

Thom Tillis, NC -- another phony 'conservative' while not a Trump hater is still someone you don't want in a foxhole, I assure you

Pat Toomey, PA -- phony and stupid, a Club for Growth, anti-American worker who is an anti-Trumper

Cory Gardner, CO -- open borders anti-Trumper who will need Trump to win re-election but thinks he's smart enough to win on his own. That won't happen. Another you can't depend on when the going gets tough.

Martha McSally, AZ -- she lost in 2018 running against Trump, against common sense thinking. She lost to an absolute nut job for her decision. Personally, got a reprieve when Jon Kyl showed what a clown he is by retiring his appointed seat two years early at the behest of McConnell. Then, the idiot AZ governor took the call from Mitch and the Koch brothers and named this loser, Martha.

Enough said. I cannot wait for Megan McCain to run against McSally and claim 'her' seat!!

Once again, your cluelessness is both boring and totally ignorant. So, making sure SNAP money is available is a bad thing, a sign of a Trump failure? As for IRS refunds ... returning taxpayers their money is bad too ? Jesus H. Christ, I cannot believe how ignorant you are -- and the worst troll in social media.

Always wrong, never in doubt. Keep it up.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-07-2019, 11:25 AM   #157
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless View Post
Once again, your cluelessness is both boring and totally ignorant. So, making sure SNAP money is available is a bad thing, a sign of a Trump failure? As for IRS refunds ... returning taxpayers their money is bad too ? Jesus H. Christ, I cannot believe how ignorant you are -- and the worst troll in social media.

Always wrong, never in doubt. Keep it up.
Democrats are the ones making sure people get their tax refunds and that SNAP is funded...

Trump is the one blocking that with the shutdown.

Sorry if I didn't make that clear.

Also... the rest of those people you listed are the ones Trump needs to work with to get ANYTHING done in government... this isn't a dictatorship.
Old 01-07-2019, 11:47 AM   #158
chadk66

In reality if trump does nothing else this term but ensure the wall is built we won’t need anything more. We’ve already gotten 75% of what we needed from him
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-07-2019, 12:33 PM   #159
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadk66 View Post
In reality if trump does nothing else this term but ensure the wall is built we won’t need anything more.
Well that's good, because so far, Trump seems to have difficulty keeping a political relationship going long enough to accomplish anything.

How many people has he fired now? I lost count.

This wall thing should have been a lot easier to accomplish, on both sides. For god's sake, it was THE #1 thing he ran on.....

Dems should have figured out a way to allow him to *save face*. That's what it's about, after all. Let him get his Wall, and asked for something juicy in return (esp. since the price of the wall went down by about 20b )

A whole lot of bad negotiators sitting at the table, IMHO, on both sides. Not what people expected from a guy who wrote the book art of the deal.

Our politicians on both sides are playing games w/each other instead of getting stuff done, signed sealed and delivered. Anybody could have come up with a juicy "if we give you this, you'll give us that"......that is how all negotiations work. ALL good negotiators know you have to give up something to get something.

Guess poltiicians don't know it?

This has become a symbolic argument. Let him have the wall for goodness sake. The govt will just spend the $$ anyway on some other things that won't work. Make a good trade, get something for it, let him get his Wall. I don't grasp the difficulty here.

And just for the record, I'm not a supporter of entrenched establishment democrats......but I really don't like Trump for about another thousand reasons, either.

Last edited by clicknow; 01-07-2019 at 12:39 PM.
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-07-2019, 12:44 PM   #160
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by clicknow View Post
Snip
The deal was there. The well was poisoned.

Quote:
Top Senate Democrat Chuck Schumer on Tuesday pulled back an offer of $25 billion for President Donald Trump’s long-promised southern border wall, as lawmakers scrambled to figure out how to push a deal to protect 700,000 or more so-called Dreamer immigrants from deportation.

Schumer had made the offer last Friday in a last-ditch effort to head off a government shutdown, then came scalding criticism from his party’s liberal activist base that Democrats had given up too easily in reopening the government without more concrete promises on immigration.

“We’re going to have to start on a new basis, and the wall offer’s off the table,” Schumer, D-N.Y., told reporters Tuesday.
Source
Old 01-07-2019, 12:48 PM   #161
clicknow

I think the efforts to help people get their green cards is the antidote....I say this because trainers have to do this or the backside of race tracks would be devoid of employees. When you spend enough time backside you see that there are not a lot of white college kids (or any other people for that matter) exactly beating down the doors to work on the backside, long hours, in all temperatures, in a dangerous job, etc.

I support many of the DACAs because the guy across the hall from my mom's apartment is a DACA who graduated from medical school and is doing his residency at her local hospital and feels his future is very un-stable due to this Administration. Another guy I know is a biology teacher in the school system. They came here as children and have worked hard for their *dreams*, just like many of us.

I REALLY resent the idea that all these people are criminals and rapists, and I think Trump lost a whole lot of people, even those who were once on his side, by saying such things.
Old 01-07-2019, 12:48 PM   #162
chadk66

Quote:
Originally Posted by clicknow View Post
Well that's good, because so far, Trump seems to have difficulty keeping a political relationship going long enough to accomplish anything.

How many people has he fired now? I lost count.

This wall thing should have been a lot easier to accomplish, on both sides. For god's sake, it was THE #1 thing he ran on.....

Dems should have figured out a way to allow him to *save face*. That's what it's about, after all. Let him get his Wall, and asked for something juicy in return (esp. since the price of the wall went down by about 20b )

A whole lot of bad negotiators sitting at the table, IMHO, on both sides. Not what people expected from a guy who wrote the book art of the deal.

Our politicians on both sides are playing games w/each other instead of getting stuff done, signed sealed and delivered. Anybody could have come up with a juicy "if we give you this, you'll give us that"......that is how all negotiations work. ALL good negotiators know you have to give up something to get something.

Guess poltiicians don't know it?

This has become a symbolic argument. Let him have the wall for goodness sake. The govt will just spend the $$ anyway on some other things that won't work. Make a good trade, get something for it, let him get his Wall. I don't grasp the difficulty here.

And just for the record, I'm not a supporter of entrenched establishment democrats......but I really don't like Trump for about another thousand reasons, either.
He wasn’t elected to make friends or relationships with anybody in DC. He was elected to kick em square in the ass.
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-07-2019, 12:52 PM   #163
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
The deal was there. The well was poisoned.
In the political environment, the wells, ALL the wells, are poisoned.

Let's not be naive.

These people we "hired" to work for us ON BOTH SIDES are supposed to be able to navigate those waters. They are ALL sharks swimming in the same pool, that IS the Beltway.

It's always been that way. Like I said, though, the key feature of ANY good negotiator is that they come to the table KNOWING that in order to get something, they have to give up something.

In our society, the very idea of not having everything your own way seems to be a dying concept???? Not just in the political realm.
Old 01-07-2019, 12:52 PM   #164
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadk66 View Post
We’ve already gotten 75% of what we needed from him

Like what? Mexico paying for the wall? Repeal and replace ObamaCare? Defund Planned Parenthood? Deport 12 million illegals? Eliminate the debt in 8 years? End DACA? End Common Core? Trillion dollar revenue neutral infrastructure improvements? Major tax reform for middle class?

All of the above are Trump campaign promises that he hasn't even started on.
Old 01-07-2019, 12:53 PM   #165
lamboguy

i have a guy that is a tenant that works for the TSA. naturally he didn't get paid and also didn't pay me my rent money. the guy came to me yesterday and bummed a fifty to take his daughter out that he gets to see on Sunday. he pays $100 a week in child support. i told him he better get himself a second job, like drive for Uber. he has a license, but no car and no money to buy a car. i know someone that is selling a 10 year old Toyota that i can pick up for the guy for about $2500. i offered to buy him the car as long as he agreed to pay me $50 a week. i found out in Massachusetts that you have to be a licensed lender to put a lean on a car title so i backed off.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply