Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 06-09-2021, 06:50 PM   #1
Boomer

Wednesday Race 2 Canterbury

#1 Shies from whip and tosses jock Chineros hard. I don't think that will occur this year at Monmouth.

Jock seems okay. Thank God
Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-09-2021, 06:57 PM   #2
pandy

Weird race at Canterbury

Those of you who like strange races, the 2nd at Canterbury today, Well Read, a second time starter, stretching out, even money, left at the gate lost around 5 lengths, was far back but never gave up...there was a four horse across speed duel, in a route race, then Well Read made a bold wide move on the turn and was going to win easily when the jockey struck him right handed and Well Read veered in, the jockey fell off. Fortunately no accident. What a weird race. The horse was giant, though.
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-10-2021, 03:37 AM   #3
Scanman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
#1 Shies from whip and tosses jock Chineros hard. I don't think that will occur this year at Monmouth.

Jock seems okay. Thank God
I concur. Thank you for posting this, as it continues to support my "no whip rule" argument. Got a two for one in this race.

1) The wins this race easily if Chanchari rides the horse out with hand and heels. The right-handed strike was completely unnecessay as the horse had just put his head in front and was full of run. They were beyond lucky that this did not result in a serious injury for both horse and rider, as well as others in the race. Another example where whipping the horse created an unsafe racing condition.

2) The gets two left-handed strikes at the top of the stretch causing the him to veer 3-4 paths to the right, sending him into the and his path. Fortunately, the interference created by the did not unseat the rider of the . When will riders learn that hitting a tired horse will not make them run faster.
Scanman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-10-2021, 09:48 AM   #4
Boomer

And this protect the bettor? BS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scanman View Post
I concur. Thank you for posting this, as it continues to support my "no whip rule" argument. Got a two for one in this race.

1) The wins this race easily if Chanchari rides the horse out with hand and heels. The right-handed strike was completely unnecessay as the horse had just put his head in front and was full of run. They were beyond lucky that this did not result in a serious injury for both horse and rider, as well as others in the race. Another example where whipping the horse created an unsafe racing condition.

2) The gets two left-handed strikes at the top of the stretch causing the him to veer 3-4 paths to the right, sending him into the and his path. Fortunately, the interference created by the did not unseat the rider of the . When will riders learn that hitting a tired horse will not make them run faster.

Yep. the was a winner for sure without the need for the whip. When the shies he virtually bought another contender to his left down with a significant bump.

Winner paid $127.80 because he was able to avoid the trouble.

And your point about whipping a dead horse is really hurting the game. I don't care if it is a NYRA track or Mountaineer, there are literally dozens of horse each day whipped mercilessly despite being hopelessly off the board.

Is that some kind of macho thing?
Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply