Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 10-28-2018, 09:49 PM   #16
Suff
Beat up 💪

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Drop Husker View Post
Our universe/galaxy/etc is still expanding. There is no center for everything to orbit around.

The only orbit is the nearest huge object. For us. That would be the Sun.
Wrong. lol,

The known Universe is expanding. It is expanding in the way a Balloon expands.. No additional contents within the universe (Balloon) are expanding.

What's most interesting about expansion is that it is expanding at faster speeds at its outermost points. This contradicts physics if the consensus BIG BANG theory is accepted. Objects further from the starting point should be moving slower than object closer to the ignition point.

I went to a lecture on the Subject at the Harvard-Smithsonian School of Astrophysics. I have no formal education or training.

Last edited by Suff; 10-28-2018 at 09:51 PM.
Suff is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-28-2018, 10:05 PM   #17
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuss View Post
Wrong. lol,

The known Universe is expanding. It is expanding in the way a Balloon expands.. No additional contents within the universe (Balloon) are expanding.

What's most interesting about expansion is that it is expanding at faster speeds at its outermost points. This contradicts physics if the consensus BIG BANG theory is accepted. Objects further from the starting point should be moving slower than object closer to the ignition point.

I went to a lecture on the Subject at the Harvard-Smithsonian School of Astrophysics. I have no formal education or training.

OK.

I agree with everything you said so how was I wrong?

Sorry. I forgot the lol.

Last edited by Lemon Drop Husker; 10-28-2018 at 10:09 PM.
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-28-2018, 10:08 PM   #18
Suff
Beat up 💪

I have put forth a theory that currently is under Peer Review and I believe it will be accepted.

All unknown superior intelligent life forms are Red Sox fans. Mathematically it just makes the most sense.
Old 10-28-2018, 10:15 PM   #19
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:
I have put forth a theory that currently is under Peer Review and I believe it will be accepted.

All unknown superior intelligent life forms are Red Sox fans. Mathematically it just makes the most sense.

In the Northeastern parts of the United States that my be true.

You still have shitty roads, rude people, and long lines for everything.

In the rest of the country, we call you window lickers.
Old 10-28-2018, 10:18 PM   #20
Suff
Beat up 💪

Quote:

Tracked down the lecture. . 20 minute talk on Dark Matter, Anti-gravity, and universe expansion.

I was in the audience here. I was probably in the front row because that's how I do business.

This is a serious man. He's had multiple students nobel nominated.

Old 10-28-2018, 10:36 PM   #21
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:
Tracked down the lecture. . 20 minute talk on Dark Matter, Anti-gravity, and universe expansion.

I was in the audience here. I was probably in the front row because that's how I do business.

This is a serious man. He's had multiple students nobel nominated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovrHeQ6GLvg
Watched it.

Plain and simple, Dark Energy/Matter is pure theory and not proven. I can tell you that the inverse property of matter doesn't exist without the actual matter itself. You can't dispute it.

As you said our universe is expanding. You disagreed with me and gave me Dark Matter science.

Our Earth is revolving around the Sun right, or are you gonna tell me something different?

Last edited by Lemon Drop Husker; 10-28-2018 at 10:38 PM.
Old 10-28-2018, 10:41 PM   #22
Suff
Beat up 💪

Quote:
Watched it.

Plain and simple, Dark Energy/Matter is pure theory and not proven. I can tell you that the inverse property of matter doesn't exist without the actual matter itself. You can't dispute it.

As you said our universe is expanding. You disagreed with me and gave me Dark Matter science.

Our Earth is revolving around the Sun right, or are you gonna tell me something different?
I'm not here to be confrontational. I enjoy the subject. I'm an idiot.

Take a chill pill ok. If you have something to share , share it. I am just sharing my experience while I watch the ball game.
Old 10-28-2018, 10:49 PM   #23
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:
I'm not here to be confrontational. I enjoy the subject. I'm an idiot.

Take a chill pill ok. If you have something to share , share it. I am just sharing my experience while I watch the ball game.

Didn't mean to be confrontational. My apologies if you took it that way.

Sometimes words without personal engagement can be taken the very wrong way.

Last edited by Lemon Drop Husker; 10-28-2018 at 10:51 PM.
Old 10-28-2018, 11:08 PM   #24
Suff
Beat up 💪

Quote:
Didn't mean to be confrontational. My apologies if you took it that way.

Sometimes words without personal engagement can be taken the very wrong way.
cool. I used to post here while drunk and got all tangled up in ways that I regret. I just want to get along and have a few laughs. All good. Thank you.

Like a lot people here, Science fascinate me. I have no formal education. Literally. I did not graduate high school. I'm self-taught on most things which makes me nervous about coming off as knowledgeable and backing my shit up with facts. lol..
Old 10-29-2018, 09:46 PM   #25
Marshall Bennett

Quote:

Momentum? Wouldn't an object shot into zero gravity accelerate thru its journey? Thus the earliest would always be the fastest, given gravity or any other force in their path do not exist.
I too have always loved studying the universe and exchanging theories and thoughts with almost anyone. Its an endless adventure filled with a variety of different features. I tried to write a book "Who are we, why are we Special". I haven't written more than a dozen pages, so chances are with so much else going on in my life, I'll never finish a single chapter.

Last edited by Marshall Bennett; 10-29-2018 at 09:48 PM.
Marshall Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-30-2018, 05:11 AM   #26
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Bennett View Post
Momentum? Wouldn't an object shot into zero gravity accelerate thru its journey? Thus the earliest would always be the fastest, given gravity or any other force in their path do not exist.
I too have always loved studying the universe and exchanging theories and thoughts with almost anyone. Its an endless adventure filled with a variety of different features. I tried to write a book "Who are we, why are we Special". I haven't written more than a dozen pages, so chances are with so much else going on in my life, I'll never finish a single chapter.
"accelerate thru its journey" No.

Momentum is an expression of Newtons 3 laws.

Newton's laws of motion are three physical laws that, together, laid the foundation for classical mechanics. They describe the relationship between a body and the forces acting upon it, and its motion in response to those forces. More precisely, the first law defines the force qualitatively, the second law offers a quantitative measure of the force, and the third asserts that a single isolated force doesn't exist.

First law: In an inertial frame of reference, an object either remains at rest or continues to move at a constant velocity, unless acted upon by a force.(momentum)
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-30-2018, 09:30 AM   #27
tucker6

Quote:
No. It doesn't.
Glad to know NASA is wrong then...

https://spaceplace.nasa.gov/what-is-gravity/en/

Maybe we are talking past one another. Gravity exists everywhere where there is mass. However, gravity in the universe does not emanate from one source location, like from a star or black hole. A star in the Andromeda galaxy exhibits the same gravitational effects that our sun does in the Milky Way.

Last edited by tucker6; 10-30-2018 at 09:33 AM.
tucker6 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-30-2018, 01:15 PM   #28
Suff
Beat up 💪

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Bennett View Post

I hear you saying.. An object at rest stays at rest and an object in motion stays in motion with the same speed and in the same direction unless acted upon by an unbalanced force? Newton's first law.

I did not rewatch the entire lecture that I attended and posted a few posts back but that was essentially the anomaly that physicists are examining.

It makes no sense that a Galaxy farthest away from us, is moving away from us at a faster rate than a galaxy closer to us.

Like a bullet fired from a gun,,, it should slow down as it travels further, not get faster. I'm guessing they attribute "dark energy" only because we have no reasonable explanation.

Bearing in Mind that the term BIG BANG was a pejorative used by naysayers of the accepted theory. But I believe most scientists agree the universe was created in less than one second.
Old 10-30-2018, 06:01 PM   #29
Greyfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
"accelerate thru its journey" No.
Correct.
The fastest anything can possibly accelerate to is the speed of light.
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-30-2018, 06:29 PM   #30
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
Correct.
The fastest anything can possibly accelerate to is the speed of light.
Yes, but I was making the point that for something to accelerate, force must be constantly added.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Bennett
Momentum? Wouldn't an object shot into zero gravity accelerate thru its journey?
Momentum however describes the property of inertia (second laws) maintaining a fixed velocity due to a one time acting force.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply