Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2014, 10:31 PM   #121
castaway01

Quote:
Originally Posted by thespaah
Does anyone have a link to post here. I went to thebigm.com and tried to watch. Damned thing locked up my compiter.
Requires .wmv to view. My computer didn't like it
Dude, a 44-1 horse led and tired in the stretch. There wasn't anything to see, except in one troll's mind.
Old 09-18-2014, 10:53 PM   #122
thespaah

Quote:
Originally Posted by castaway01
Dude, a 44-1 horse led and tired in the stretch. There wasn't anything to see, except in one troll's mind.
Hardly the point. I was merely asking for a link so that I could see for myself...
Got a problem with that?
Old 09-18-2014, 10:59 PM   #123
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Hardly the point. I was merely asking for a link so that I could see for myself...
Got a problem with that?
I'm sure he doesn't. The horse drifted, the jock didn't move. I was watching closely because I bet the longshot. The heavy favorite was going to get through either way, didn't matter.
Old 09-18-2014, 11:09 PM   #124
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Not necessarily. Some do. Some do not.
I take it you lost a bet on this race tonight.
I try not to discuss losing wagers, because if i discuss them, i also have to talk about winning wagers and talk about scores, and i know people get in an uproar if anyone posts winning scores, so i try and do neither.

This is about whether the guy specifically "released" the pocket sitter and not about my bets. I believe he did, i'm pretty sure the video will back it up. If you watch the tape and think that the guy did everything in his power to stay in a straight line and the horse just took him where the horse wanted to go, that's your right, you're allowed to have that opinion, we can just agree to disagree.
Old 09-19-2014, 12:30 PM   #125
thespaah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
I try not to discuss losing wagers, because if i discuss them, i also have to talk about winning wagers and talk about scores, and i know people get in an uproar if anyone posts winning scores, so i try and do neither.

This is about whether the guy specifically "released" the pocket sitter and not about my bets. I believe he did, i'm pretty sure the video will back it up. If you watch the tape and think that the guy did everything in his power to stay in a straight line and the horse just took him where the horse wanted to go, that's your right, you're allowed to have that opinion, we can just agree to disagree.
I think the term "red boarding" has been taken to an idiotic level.
It has, with certain individuals, become some sort of DEFCON 1 offense punishable by a flogging in the town square.
So instead of innocently sharing a good story of a successful day at the races, we all have to temper our comments so as to not 'offend' these nattering nabobs.
I say "screw 'em. If they are that jealous or cynical about the good fortunes of others, well then they will just have to be pissed off.
Unfortunately, I don't trust the Meadowlands website, which until now, have never had an issue, since it locked up my computer last nite while trying to access the race in question. I actually had to reboot my system.
Old 09-19-2014, 01:28 PM   #126
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
I think the term "red boarding" has been taken to an idiotic level.
It has, with certain individuals, become some sort of DEFCON 1 offense punishable by a flogging in the town square.
So instead of innocently sharing a good story of a successful day at the races, we all have to temper our comments so as to not 'offend' these nattering nabobs.
I say "screw 'em. If they are that jealous or cynical about the good fortunes of others, well then they will just have to be pissed off.
Unfortunately, I don't trust the Meadowlands website, which until now, have never had an issue, since it locked up my computer last nite while trying to access the race in question. I actually had to reboot my system.
Here is the replay, just ignore the sound which is my TV in the background, used a screen recorder:

http://www.pacefigures.com/Med0918R4.avi

Note he is whipping right handed while the horse drifts.
Old 09-19-2014, 01:37 PM   #127
thespaah

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
Here is the replay, just ignore the sound which is my TV in the background, used a screen recorder:

http://www.pacefigures.com/Med0918R4.avi

Note he is whipping right handed while the horse drifts.
Ok....That's a whole lot of "nothing to see here".
The jock asks the horse for something more through a balzing 6f in sixteen and change. Came up empty. The horse is clearly out of gas and does drift. Rider gives the horse the cursory whip taps in an effort to keep him straight.
Thanks much for posting the link.
Old 09-19-2014, 02:30 PM   #128
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Ok....That's a whole lot of "nothing to see here".
The jock asks the horse for something more through a balzing 6f in sixteen and change. Came up empty. The horse is clearly out of gas and does drift. Rider gives the horse the cursory whip taps in an effort to keep him straight.
Thanks much for posting the link.
Most horses are "out of gas" turning for home, that's why internal fractions get slower as races get longer.

You watch a lot of races, you know that most horses maintain straight lines, tired or not, i'm not telling you something you don't already know.
Old 09-19-2014, 03:05 PM   #129
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
Most horses are "out of gas" turning for home, that's why internal fractions get slower as races get longer.

You watch a lot of races, you know that most horses maintain straight lines, tired or not, i'm not telling you something you don't already know.
Actually, you are telling us you don't watch a lot of races.
Closed Thread