Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software

Old 09-29-2011, 12:19 AM   #1
Handiman
BarelyWinning

Handi's New Software

Been feeling quite a bit better and so decided to jump back into the fray. The creative juices have been flowing. I have a new program that I have written and while not completely done, I decided to test it just for fun. There's another module I want to add, but program works now.

PEGASUS has been under the test microscope for some time now. The results have been very encouraging. So I tested seriously this last week. 3 days which isn't diddly I know, but this is a process. Here are the test results for two days, and then the two live days.

Didn't write down the test racks...just the results....but it doesn't matter for what I'm putting this up for I believe.

1st day...
4.20 18.00
=========
40.80 126% ROI

2nd Day...
4.60 18.00
=====================
7.50 -58%

So went live last night playing with a fellow PA player to see how it would do live. Played Mountaineer.
results:
12.20 22.00

20.40 4
=====================
42.40 91% ROI

Played Woodbine tonight. Didn't think about posting in Selection threads until 4th race. You can go there and see how I did. But here are the results for tonight at Wood:
13.20 20.00
15.60 4
=====================
42.10 110% ROI

The figures on the left are the bet payouts. The top fig on right is amount wagered. The individual number 4 on right side signifies that 2 horses bet in the race.

Now I know this sample doesn't mean anything. The reason I'm posting this is to let people know I'm back in the game, for those who give a crap anyway, and to let you know you can follow along in selections because I'm going to post all my live plays for the next who knows...maybe 2 weeks or month... we'll just see how it goes.

Thanks for reading and giving a crap.

Handi
Handiman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-29-2011, 05:07 AM   #2
Roger
Veteran

Glad to see you are feeling much better Handi! Good Luck with the new project.

Roger.
Roger is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-29-2011, 06:50 AM   #3
Vinnie

Handi:

Congratulations on your latest creation!!

I shot you a PM a couple of days ago.

Take Good Care and Keep Rock'in on...

Vinnie

"All Human error is impatience; a premature renunciation of method"- F. Kafka
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-29-2011, 09:41 AM   #4
marksinger

Welcome back Handi

Good to see ya buddy. Where will you be posting your selections? Take care. Mark from Philly
P.S. You mentioned that you played along the other night on Mountaineer? What site were you on?
marksinger is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-29-2011, 03:20 PM   #5
Handiman
BarelyWinning

Thanks Guys. I was playing live with a friend. Wasn't posting. Tonight will be playing Pen Nat. Will be posting picks in the Selections section here on PA live as we go.

Let's hope the train keeps rolling.

Handi
Old 09-30-2011, 12:27 AM   #6
Handiman
BarelyWinning

I just posted how we finished today with Pegasus at Penn Nat. I am happy to report that we finished in the Black again. I have had a few people inquire about Pegasus and how I built it.

It's a bit hard to explain. I have been working on this for a long time. Tinkering in the basement as you might say. Sometimes becoming madder than the Mad Hatter. But it has been a labor of love. Even on the days I was away from racing and stuck in bed I would think and try and conceptualize Pegasus in my head.

I can say I have studied a lot of material, from 'Total Victory at The Track' ( I think that was the name of the book) to 'Pace Makes The Race' , material from Steve Wolson and many more. What I have come up with is what I call, 'Theory Handicapping' I don't use fractions, lengths behind or Paceline selection or any of that stuff. I do use one speed figure, but it comes from the same place for every horse. That's about all the figure stuff I pull from past races.

I started out thinking about Barry Bonds at the plate getting ready to hit. And went from there. I called it the Barry Bonds Model when I started. And it has grown from there. From Baseball to Horse racing...who'd a thunk it?

I can't really say much more than that right now. And if I fall on my face then I certainly won't explain any further cause who on earth wants to listen to the ramblings of a dumbass loser...

If it continues to prove out, I must confess I don't imagine I will divulge any more than I have right here. After all, who in the world would believe me anyway.

I will continue to post my picks as I play live in the selections thread. Also I made myself a promise that I would play every race because players say you can't play every race and win. Probably so. But apparently I'm just too Dumb to believe it.

Handi
Old 09-30-2011, 12:33 AM   #7
newtothegame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handiman
I just posted how we finished today with Pegasus at Penn Nat. I am happy to report that we finished in the Black again. I have had a few people inquire about Pegasus and how I built it.

It's a bit hard to explain. I have been working on this for a long time. Tinkering in the basement as you might say. Sometimes becoming madder than the Mad Hatter. But it has been a labor of love. Even on the days I was away from racing and stuck in bed I would think and try and conceptualize Pegasus in my head.

I can say I have studied a lot of material, from 'Total Victory at The Track' ( I think that was the name of the book) to 'Pace Makes The Race' , material from Steve Wolson and many more. What I have come up with is what I call, 'Theory Handicapping' I don't use fractions, lengths behind or Paceline selection or any of that stuff. I do use one speed figure, but it comes from the same place for every horse. That's about all the figure stuff I pull from past races.

I started out thinking about Barry Bonds at the plate getting ready to hit. And went from there. I called it the Barry Bonds Model when I started. And it has grown from there. From Baseball to Horse racing...who'd a thunk it?

I can't really say much more than that right now. And if I fall on my face then I certainly won't explain any further cause who on earth wants to listen to the ramblings of a dumbass loser...

If it continues to prove out, I must confess I don't imagine I will divulge any more than I have right here. After all, who in the world would believe me anyway.

I will continue to post my picks as I play live in the selections thread. Also I made myself a promise that I would play every race because players say you can't play every race and win. Probably so. But apparently I'm just too Dumb to believe it.

Handi
Best of luck handi!!
May the racing gods bestow on you all the best!
Keep us as informed as you can without divulging too much proprietary...thanks again for your work!
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men,deriving their just powers from the consent of the
governed.
newtothegame is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-30-2011, 11:49 AM   #8
dartman51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handiman
I guess it's grown into the BARRY BONDS model on STEROIDS???
dartman51 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-30-2011, 12:32 PM   #9
Handiman
BarelyWinning

Funny Guy Dart..... Pretty clever bud.

handi
Old 10-01-2011, 01:10 AM   #10
Handiman
BarelyWinning

Today was a crazy day race condition wise at Belmont. But that stuff happens and so I went ahead and played it anyway. Posted my selections live in the selection thread. It was scrappy at best with every race suffering multiple scratches. And turf races were moved off on to muddy conditions.

I have committed to play every race. But I have to say on a day like today, there are just races that are not playable. So I skipped a couple or so just because throwing money away is not what this test is about.

The races we did play and bet on gave us these results. For the 4th day in a row finished in the Black.

$14.00 bet.

$23.40 returned

$9.20 profit for the day at Belmont.

67% ROI

Very satisfying result even though I whined through most of it....

Haven't selected a track for tomorrow yet, so we shall just have to see what gets chosen.

So far, Mountaineer, Woodbine, Penn Nat and now Belmont played this week. Finished in the black at each track. Will try and select another different track for tomorrow.

Handi
Old 10-01-2011, 03:33 PM   #11
Doug3312

Are you preparing to sell this program when it's perfected to your liking, or is this just for your use?

Thanks,
Doug
Doug3312 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-01-2011, 03:51 PM   #12
Handiman
BarelyWinning

To be honest I have no idea. I haven't given it any thought since I developed this while being sick and down in bed a lot.

So I really don't know. But if it were to happen I would first become an approved PA advertiser, as I have been here since 2005 and PA allows me to test programs here live without regard to them being possible commercial efforts or not. Which they have not been in the past.

So we shall see. But first we have to prove Pegasus can hang with the big boys.

Handi
Old 10-01-2011, 06:19 PM   #13
Doug3312

Thanks and good luck!
Doug3312 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-01-2011, 06:43 PM   #14
Handiman
BarelyWinning

So far getting my brains kicked in at SA. Lot's of 2 yo races and some G-1 and lesser G races. Maybe I didn't set Pegasus up for such young horses and expensive races. may have to go back in and see what's going on, because some picks make no sense to the human brain...

Handi

P.S Regardles I will post the results of my bets after all over.
Old 10-01-2011, 09:35 PM   #15
Handiman
BarelyWinning

First of all let me say this game can humble the shit out of you like no other!

Completely got skunked today. When I tried to beat the Favs got butt kicked. When I tried to win with the Favs got my butt kicked. I guess today was meant to be an Ass kickin day

Down $32 today.
ROI (- 100%)

Now the excuses..... 2 yo races and Graded stakes races I did not set up Pegasus for those. But it still made picks and I posted them.

Hopefully back to regular man races tomorrow. Headed now to drown my sorrows at the best Taco Truck in Northern California.

All the Tacos Al Pastor I can eat.... costs just $0.33 a bite or $1.00 a taco..

There's always tomorrow....I hope anyway.

Handi