Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2011, 12:30 PM   #61
Light
Veteran

Now you're the "observer",I thought you were the "Guru".

Look,why don't you live up to the image of what you are trying to convey. I'm all ears,and not sarcastically, if you have something to say about how you win with CT. I'm just not open to gloating with no substance or empty promises.So be my guest. Profess.
Old 03-09-2011, 07:30 PM   #62
Chunkles

I never post on boards, but couldn't just sit and watch this thread without saying anything.

Light, have you even read the initial post?? Or post #31 by Dartman51?? He (LRH4) offers to help anyone who asks!

I bought this software long before I ever heard of LRH4. I saw he had posted about it on a small Google groups board about the software and emailed him. He has since sent numerous updates including his reasoning behind how he uses the software. He even sent real-time tweets to whoever wanted them during the tournament in Las Vegas mentioning his picks and his thinking behind them, both wins and losses.

He has never tried to sell me anything. He's just a rare individual who is trying to help people use a tool to become better handicappers. I certainly don't blame him for being just an 'observer' now ...

Last edited by Chunkles; 03-09-2011 at 07:34 PM.
Old 03-10-2011, 12:36 AM   #63
Light
Veteran

If LRH4 now wants to be an observer,he's not going to observe much about CT because no one's discussing it.

Most people here are not big CT users. In fact this software got negative reviews from their own users when it was discussed here a couple of years or so ago.When Phillips News letter did their test on it, it was a sensation. I personally tried a trial a few years back and it was not good to put it mildly and confirmed by other users here.

Maybe LRH4's intentions are honest,but the way he has gone about it leaves a bit to be desired.The majority of readers are like me. Don't use it, probably tried it and didn't like it, but open to discussing it. Not interested in E-mailing him about it because I've moved on. But why start a thread glorifying yourself publicly (twice) and leave the majority of readers who are not users,hanging.This is exactly what system sellers do to get you to inquire further. So can you blame me for calling him a shill? He acts like one even if he isn't.

I have often wondered what I would do if I ever went public with my own homegrown software which can make its own substantial claims. Would I start soliciting here on PA? Whether or not I would become a paid advertiser is only relevant for legal purposes. But if I solicited people with the sales pitch LRH4 has, I wouldn't buy it from myself.

Because if you've had any experience in this game about winning and losing ,you know that you will lose the minute you declare yourself a winner.There is no such thing as an absolute winner or loser. Everyday,the slate is cleaned,and you create your own ambiance.You need a level head in this game. Not someone who is on cloud 9 with self absorption because he did this or that.That type of person is far from an "observer".
Old 03-10-2011, 12:12 PM   #64
keenang

Question

What the hell is wrong with you guys?
If a guy wants to try and help us win more,regardless of how he does it that is great.As one of the members said awhile back some of you guys would start a fight in an empty lot.
Geno
Old 03-10-2011, 12:28 PM   #65
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by keenang
What the hell is wrong with you guys?
If a guy wants to try and help us win more,regardless of how he does it that is great.As one of the members said awhile back some of you guys would start a fight in an empty lot.
Geno
It appears that there are some here who feel they have superior intelligence than the rest of us and therefore, must protect us from unscrupulous salesmen and scam artists. This is an insult to our own intelligence, and extremely aggravating.

For those "few", I suggest you worry about yourself and your children, we're adults here and don't want or need your protection.

Excel Spreadsheet Handicapping Forum

Charter Member: Horseplayers Association of North America
Old 03-10-2011, 12:38 PM   #66
Light
Veteran

keenang

I agree with you. Let him help. But how is it helping anyone when all he talks about is I won this contest and that? Or I'm too busy winning more contests,I'll get back with you.

All those private e-mailers to him,speak up. Has he helped you so that you actually used something he told you privately and profited real,not mythical dollars. Apparently he had a lot of private e-mails asking for help in his last thread.Why aren't they defending him with proof rather than opinion?
Old 03-10-2011, 09:26 PM   #67
Vinnie

Light:

When have you once offered anything up other than your negative opinion on anything or anyone? LRH4 has proven that he knows what he is doing as a handicapper that uses a specific handicapping tool. I can honestly say that he has helped provide greater insight to me on how to better utilize and understand CT as a handicapping tool when I am using it. I don't use it in the same way that he does entirely, yet, I have never been as successful as I am currently in my own handicapping. However, I can only speak for myself. I am sure that he has helped many others in a similar fashion, although, once again, I truly do not claim to speak for anyone other than myself. Different tools vary in their level of effectiveness for each individual. That is one of the things that makes this game so great and interesting IMHO.

I imagine that you just wouldn't be good o'l Light if you weren't tossing all of that general negativity that you throw about the board with such unbelievable regularity and ease. I have to give you your props Light. You do remain consistent and somewhat of a constant in your terms of your overwhelming negativity.

Vinnie

"All Human error is impatience; a premature renunciation of method"- F. Kafka
Old 03-11-2011, 03:04 AM   #68
thaskalos

Light...

Several people in this thread have stated that they have been helped by LRH4...isn't that enough?

Even if he has only helped ONE single person...that's still more than what the majority of us have done.
Old 03-11-2011, 11:02 AM   #69
headhawg
crusty old guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light
I'm just not open to gloating with no substance or empty promises.So be my guest. Profess.
Quote:
You need a level head in this game. Not someone who is on cloud 9 with self absorption because he did this or that.That type of person is far from an "observer".
Isn't this the proverbial pot calling the kettle "black"?
Old 03-11-2011, 11:46 AM   #70
Light
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos
Light...

Several people in this thread have stated that they have been helped by LRH4...isn't that enough?

Even if he has only helped ONE single person...that's still more than what the majority of us have done.
Read Post #66.
Old 03-11-2011, 12:25 PM   #71
Roger
Veteran

Light..Are you the judge and the jury here? Why would anyone who has been helped have to prove anything on this Forum as to how much he's making or for that matter, how he is using the Program...I don't understand your point..I recall that during the the time the Handifast Program was being discussed that you had the same negative remarks about that one also.

In fact I cannot recall not even one Post of yours as not being semi-sarcastic or negative and downright rude. I consistently receive e-mails from from him with Tips and suggestions on how he uses the Program and I appreciate it. I've been handicapping for over thirty years and I never stop learning and am eager to learn something new that can help me. I don't understand your attitude towards anyone who goes out of his way to help others and takes the time to correspond with 100 people. In my opinion, that's going beyond the call of duty.
I don't use Comutrak exclusively, but if there is something there that i can use that helps me with my handicapping that he can teach me from his experience, I'll accept it gratefully....I think you need an attitude adjustment!

Roger,
Old 03-11-2011, 02:07 PM   #72
Light
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger
I don't understand your attitude towards anyone who goes out of his way to help others and takes the time to correspond with 100 people.
So is his real name Obi-Wan Kenobi? "Use your CT Luke". Or is he Mother Theresa? Working tirelessly and selflessly in the back round in a very time consuming sport so that they can all be better handicappers. Helping 100 people FREE OF CHARGE and competing successfully in time consuming handicapping tournaments.I don't know how this guy does it,but most likely as TLG just said to someone "You're full of ...."

Last edited by Light; 03-11-2011 at 02:09 PM.
Old 03-11-2011, 02:37 PM   #73
thaskalos

Quote:
So is his real name Obi-Wan Kenobi? "Use your CT Luke". Or is he Mother Theresa? Working tirelessly and selflessly in the back round in a very time consuming sport so that they can all be better handicappers. Helping 100 people FREE OF CHARGE and competing successfully in time consuming handicapping tournaments.I don't know how this guy does it,but most likely as TLG just said to someone "You're full of ...."
You are right Light...

Helping people FREE OF CHARGE? Nobody could possibly be THAT nice...

He probably charged them...and swore them to secrecy.

Last edited by thaskalos; 03-11-2011 at 02:38 PM.
Old 03-11-2011, 02:51 PM   #74
RichieP

Quote:
Working tirelessly and selflessly in the back round in a very time consuming sport so that they can all be better handicappers. Helping 100 people FREE OF CHARGE and competing successfully in time consuming handicapping tournaments.
Light
In certain cultures what he is doing is called "Good Karma" and a part of his successes at the tourneys could be a sort of "payback" for all the GOOD he does for others.

I don't use CT nor do I know the man but without privy to backroom stuff alleged here it looks all good to me

Have a great day and knock em dead in the "Ridersup"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QvVa...eature=related
Old 03-11-2011, 02:56 PM   #75
Light
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos
You are right Light...

Helping people FREE OF CHARGE? Nobody could possibly be THAT nice...
But 100 people for free? Come on. Do I look that dumb? I know what my wife would say,but let's be reasonable here. Nobody is stopping this dude from posting his pearls of wisdom. He's just using excuses now like he did in the other thread. Before he was too busy. Now he has the "bad guys" like me. I'm like a freaking puppy.
Closed Thread