Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Library

Old 11-22-2006, 10:12 PM   #1
banacek

Match Up book

The old thread got WAY off topic so PA had to close it. I hope this one stays on topic.

It has been a few weeks now since the previous thread. I am still wondering about the new Match Up book. I went to the website listed and all I see is a bunch of people saying put me on the list for the book. One person asks how much it is and there is no answer. Hey I'd put my name on the list, but I'd like to make sure it isn't $200!

Maybe someone here has the answers?

Is it out yet? Does anyone have it? How much is it? Is it true that there are only 100 copies? (As Seigfreid would say to Maxwell Smart - I find that hard to believe)
banacek is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-23-2006, 09:50 AM   #2
witchdoctor
Veteran

Check with Binder's website.

http://scott.asmallorange.com/~binde...splay.php?f=35

I had a chance to read the proof and it is a marked improvement over his last book.
witchdoctor is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-23-2006, 10:02 AM   #3
shanta

Quote:
Originally Posted by banacek
The old thread got WAY off topic so PA had to close it. I hope this one stays on topic.

It has been a few weeks now since the previous thread. I am still wondering about the new Match Up book. I went to the website listed and all I see is a bunch of people saying put me on the list for the book. One person asks how much it is and there is no answer. Hey I'd put my name on the list, but I'd like to make sure it isn't $200!

Maybe someone here has the answers?

Is it out yet? Does anyone have it? How much is it? Is it true that there are only 100 copies? (As Seigfreid would say to Maxwell Smart - I find that hard to believe)
Banacek,
Check your PM box. Happy holidays
Richie
shanta is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-23-2006, 02:03 PM   #4
Binder
VDC Messenger

Book

I apologize for the post going unanswered on my site

The match up book thread is in a forum that is set up
only to ask mr Bradshaw specific questions
My best friend RichieP is working with Mr Bradshaw.
They are in charge of that area and I trust them

GS
Bill
Binder is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-16-2007, 07:59 PM   #5
Binder
VDC Messenger

Review by Howard Sartin

Mr Bradshaw's book
The Match Up 2 with the Five Step Approach is now available
Howard Sartin has written a review of Jim's book

http://bindfold.com/forums/showpost....6&postcount=64
Binder is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-17-2007, 11:40 AM   #6
highnote

I want a copy of the book, but need his email address. Does anyone have it?
highnote is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-17-2007, 11:59 AM   #7
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Where I would win four of six, Jim would win 9 of 17. He bet one horse I bet 2. You don't have to be a math genius to figure who ended up the bigger winner, since 5 of those 9 were non-favorites.
What a shock Sartin would "review" it. He sounds like a complete shill. It is pretty sad really. Before you Sartin fans jump on me, does anyone really think ANYONE could hit over 50% betting one horse per race, with more than half not being the favorite.

If you do, wake up.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-17-2007, 12:05 PM   #8
highnote

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
What a shock Sartin would "review" it. He sounds like a complete shill. It is pretty sad really. Before you Sartin fans jump on me, does anyone really think ANYONE could hit over 50% betting one horse per race, with more than half not being the favorite.

If you do, wake up.
I thought the same thing, however, I have also used the ideas in Bradshaw's original "The Matchup" with a lot of success. In fact, of all the books I've read, "The Matchup" was the best book for teaching me how to win. The other books provided a good foundation, but "The Matchup" put me over the top.

So, for me, the new book is a must read, hyperbole, notwithstanding.

Last edited by swetyejohn; 01-17-2007 at 12:07 PM.
Old 01-17-2007, 12:08 PM   #9
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

The original is one of the very few handicapping books I have not read, mostly because of poor reviews on this site. They were mostly do to poor writing and editing, not comments on the content, though I guess it was difficult to understand for many.

I am not saying the book isn't worth a read. But when I see bullshit, I'm calling it, just as I would if Howard and I had that conversation in person.
Old 01-17-2007, 12:20 PM   #10
highnote

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
The original is one of the very few handicapping books I have not read, mostly because of poor reviews on this site. They were mostly do to poor writing and editing, not comments on the content, though I guess it was difficult to understand for many.

I am not saying the book isn't worth a read. But when I see bullshit, I'm calling it, just as I would if Howard and I had that conversation in person.
You're a pace guy, Bradshaw is one of the father's of pace (Note, I did not say a grandfather), the Matchup is about pace. You owe it to yourself to read it.

I know the kind of remarks Sartin makes these days. I take them with a grain of salt. He's not 50 years old anymore. He's elderly.

When using the Sartin system my strike rate was often over 60% per day when betting 2 horses. Problem is, it was a grind. I'd rather program a computer to make the bets. I'm easily bored. What can I say?

I don't doubt Bradshaw could hit 9 of 17. I hit 7 of 7 once when betting horses using Sartin software -- although it was pretty chalky. Everyone can get on a streak. Can he do it consistently? I doubt it. Too much of a grind.

Bradshaw did give me a $95 cold exacta once at the Handicapping Expo in Vegas the year Sea Hero won the Derby. That's probably why I feel some indebtedness to him, too. That exacta paid for my trip.
Old 01-17-2007, 12:25 PM   #11
joeyspicks

I apologize in advance if I have missed something......

but HOW would I purchase this book ? ?
joeyspicks is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-17-2007, 12:39 PM   #12
highnote

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyspicks
I apologize in advance if I have missed something......

but HOW would I purchase this book ? ?

You haven't missed anything. I'm wondering the same thing.
Old 01-17-2007, 01:20 PM   #13
Mike P

I just ordered a copy and this is the information he sent me....

To order The Match Up 2

Send $35.00 (Check, or Money Order.)

Oklahoma Residents Please add $2.80 Sales Tax.

(Canadian Orders $38.00 American Currency. Money Orders Only.)

To: JIM "The Hat" BRADSHAW, Corp.

3335 South 114th East Ave.

Tulsa, OK. 74146.

This includes Shipping And Handling.
Mike P is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-17-2007, 01:50 PM   #14
shanta

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj

If you do, wake up.
Of course Howard is "shilling" for his friend.

Why is that such a turnoff or shock? Same thing goes on here EVERY day with friends doing the same for their buddies software,books, threads,posts,
etc.

Maybe someone who has attended MANY of the seminars the "Hat" lectured at and gave out picks could weigh in on his proficiency win betting. Just because you and me can not do something doesn't mean someone else can't.

Bottom line to ME comes down to

1) If you are interested in learning some matchup techniques from the MASTER seek out a couple of "non shill" opinions about the substance of the book and if good you buy it.

2) If you are not interested or do not like what you hear from these "non shills" you don't buy it.

Richie
shanta is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-17-2007, 01:57 PM   #15
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanta
Of course Howard is "shilling" for his friend.

Why is that such a turnoff or shock? Same thing goes on here EVERY day with friends doing the same for their buddies software,books, threads,posts,
etc.

Maybe someone who has attended MANY of the seminars the "Hat" lectured at and gave out picks could weigh in on his proficiency win betting. Just because you and me can not do something doesn't mean someone else can't.

Bottom line to ME comes down to

1) If you are interested in learning some matchup techniques from the MASTER seek out a couple of "non shill" opinions about the substance of the book and if good you buy it.

2) If you are not interested or do not like what you hear from these "non shills" you don't buy it.

Richie
It isn't so much that he wrote a review, it is the outlandish statements he makes about the writer. There is this little issue called credibility that means a lot to most people. If you truly believe he is hitting greater than 50% of his win bets betting at least half non-favorites, I think you are being naive. But hey, I've been wrong before.

I've never said I wouldn't buy the book, and I probably will. If anyone reads a book and gets so much as one good item from it, then I feel the book is worth the price. Just spare me the BS.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: