Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 03-25-2012, 02:47 PM   #121
lsbets

Quote:
Originally Posted by don
Why is this mainstream news?

And this isn't

LINK REMOVED
Do you also follow websites that highlight crimes committed by white people or are you only concerned with the actions of blacks?

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 03-25-2012 at 11:44 PM.
lsbets is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-25-2012, 02:56 PM   #122
woodtoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by don

And this isn't

LINK REMOVED
Nothing to see here,move along.

woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-25-2012, 04:17 PM   #123
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by don

And this isn't

LINK REMOVED
Hey, PA, there are some really "thuggish" looking characters on that page. But that Wiggins fella has a real nice smile.

Boxcar

boxcar is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-25-2012, 04:20 PM   #124
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsbets
Do you also follow websites that highlight crimes committed by white people or are you only concerned with the actions of blacks?
Now, LS, I believe he was simply trying to make a point, and it's a valid one in terms of how the MM reports these crimes and tries to manipulate public opinion.

Boxcar
Old 03-25-2012, 04:22 PM   #125
JustRalph
Just another Facist

PA, i spent a long time going to work every day wearing a gun, and having one every place i went while off duty. The one thing you figure out real fast is that there are certain people and certain situations where you can never use a gun. Those 'people' being kids. Unless they are using a gun against you, you cannot use a gun against them. Deadly force vs deadly force and all that crap aside, unless somebody points a gun at you, you better make sure you dont use yours. The same State that gave you the right to carry that gun will then turn on you with full force and lock you up, just to be politically correct.

There is case law that applies to cops and civilans. The problem is your every day civilian is not aware of those cases and those laws. They get jacked up (criminal charges) for not knowing the first time they pull their gun. It's rare. But it happens. The bottom line nobody tellls you that there are situations where you cannot use your gun, no matter how bad you are getting your ass kicked. You just cannot win. This guy Zimmerman is finding that out. His life is ruined and his family is in hiding. The black panthers have a bounty on his head etc.

This realization of what will or not be tolerated by your friends and neighbors, community, and public at large is something you have to weigh. I am speaking completely outside the law btw. I am speaking of using common sense. This Zimmerman guy didnt make this realization and he is paying for it. Right or wrong, he should have never put himself in the position he is in now.

I bet if you asked him today, he would trade a week in the hospital for looking like the victim right now. I left some holes in my argument, and i anticipate some further discussion.......
JustRalph is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-25-2012, 04:27 PM   #126
lsbets

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar
Now, LS, I believe he was simply trying to make a point, and it's a valid one in terms of how the MM reports these crimes and tries to manipulate public opinion.

Boxcar
Box, this quote is from their the site:

"The New Nation News Reporters Newsroom - 'forum' or 'bulletin board' for posting breaking news on minority and migrant crime, Mexican invasion, illegal aliens, racial and religious conflict, white nationalist news, homosexuality and abortion as related to low birthrate of whites and the general moral decline and threats to the survival of Western Civilization"

It is a white supremacist website that he linked to. I don't like the point he was trying to make very much. As a matter of fact I am disgusted by the site and anyone who would associate with it.
Old 03-25-2012, 04:32 PM   #127
lsbets

Quote:
Originally Posted by don

And this isn't

LINK REMOVED
So don, is that a website that you go to frequently?

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 03-25-2012 at 11:45 PM.
Old 03-25-2012, 04:33 PM   #128
bigmack

Quote:
I find some of these knee jerk defenses of Zimmerman to be troubling and I feel they speak very poorly of where we are as a society.
That society you speak of is all about innocent until proven guilty, but you knew that.

With all due respect, your rush to judge is far more troubling than others wanting to look at all sides of the tragedy.
bigmack is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-25-2012, 04:35 PM   #129
lsbets

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmack
That society you speak of is all about innocent until proven guilty, but you knew that.

With all due respect, your rush to judge is far more troubling than others wanting to look at all sides of the tragedy.
What I was referring to was just posted on the previous page.

Some asshole comes on here and posts a list of black on white crime from a white supremacist website. It wasn't hard to see that coming.
Old 03-25-2012, 04:42 PM   #130
JustRalph
Just another Facist

I caught that site for what it is, right away. Obvious.

The sad part, the stats they are using are mostly true.

You can't walk away from those numbers. They are telling. But the way you portray them is important. But it makes them no less true.

That is a cultural problem. The criminal problem is a symptom of the cultural problem. And we are too politically correct to deal with cultural problems. So this goes on for 40 years and assholes can put up websites like that and exploit the numbers to make things worse.

Ce' la vie

Last edited by JustRalph; 03-25-2012 at 04:52 PM.
JustRalph is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-25-2012, 04:47 PM   #131
bigmack

Quote:
What I was referring to was just posted on the previous page.

Some asshole comes on here and posts a list of black on white crime from a white supremacist website. It wasn't hard to see that coming.
It depends on if you choose to buy into it being a case of a non-black killing a black as the reason for the killing.

Thusfar, arguably, Zimm has not been charged due to lack of a strong case. You are aware hundreds, if not, thousands of killers walk without being charged every year as a result of technicalities.
Old 03-25-2012, 04:53 PM   #132
lsbets

Quote:
It depends on if you choose to buy into it being a case of a non-black killing a black as the reason for the killing.
So if you buy into that its okay to link to a white supremacist website?

Give me a break. I expect that from Box, not you.
Old 03-25-2012, 04:59 PM   #133
lsbets

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph
I caught that site for what it is, right away. Obvious.

The sad part, the stats they are using are mostly true.

You can't walk away from those numbers. They are telling. But the way you portray them is important. But it makes them no less true.

That is a cultural problem. The criminal problem is a symptom of the cultural problem. And we are too politically correct to deal with cultural problems. So this goes on for 40 years and assholes can put up websites like that and exploit the numbers to make things worse.

Ce' la vie
I agree 75% with what you say.

I read something a few years ago that analyzed what happenned after the suburbs were opened to blacks. The educated middle class left the cities, and their children perform exactly the same as children of every other race in terms of school achievement, college, and crime rates. What was left in the cities led to the breakdown of the family, and a self perpetuating situation that stacks the odds against the best of kids as they grow up.
Old 03-25-2012, 05:02 PM   #134
bigmack

Quote:
So if you buy into that its okay to link to a white supremacist website?
Give me a break. I expect that from Box, not you.
We're to all sit out here and accept this notion that Zim is a racist and he killed this kid because he was black? Or, should we be outraged that someone killed someone and wasn't charged with the shooting?

If you want to accept that he killed him because he was black (which it sounds like you do) would you be willing to look at color to color killing stats from a non-white supremacy group, and potentially find them cogent to this discussion?

Last edited by bigmack; 03-25-2012 at 05:05 PM.
Old 03-25-2012, 05:07 PM   #135
lsbets

Quote:
We're to all sit out here and accept this notion that Zim is a racist and he killed this kid because he was black? Or, should we be outraged that someone killed someone and wasn't charged with the shooting?

If you want to accept that he killed him because he was black (which it sounds like you do) would you be willing to look at color to color killing stats from a non-white supremacy group, and potentially find them cogent to the this discussion?
I never once said he killed him because he was black. I said I was uncomfortable with some of the reactions to this killing involving a black kid, and subsequent posts have proven me correct.

You are sounding very similar to Box in this thread, projecting what you want onto others to make some point that only makes sense to you. I would have thought you would be one of the first to jump all over someone posting white supremacist garbage. I guess I thought too highly of you.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: