Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 04-15-2012, 11:52 PM   #976
johnhannibalsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar
Great grammar. And you complain about the grammatically correct, "It is what is"?

We surely are living in strange days.

Boxcar
P.S. And I didn't make any of those "stereotype stuff" comments. I think the cigar smokin' "black dude" did.
P.P.S. Yousall have a nice nite now, ya hear?
What are you smoking, skittles? Where you done git this complex that I thunked you says anything? You require a more literal expression that the pronoun I used was figurative and not actually referring to "boxcar. Boxcar."?

-Robert James Smith, 1989
johnhannibalsmith is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-16-2012, 12:17 AM   #977
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhannibalsmith
What are you smoking, skittles? Where you done git this complex that I thunked you says anything? You require a more literal expression that the pronoun I used was figurative and not actually referring to "boxcar. Boxcar."?
Night school is going to get awfully crowded with just people on this forum. Now, if I could just figure out a way to profit from "yousall" dunderheads from referrals or something.

Boxcar
Old 04-17-2012, 07:08 PM   #978
TJDave

Three things I didn't learn in Kindergarden:

1. Nobody starts a fist fight with a man holding a gun.

2. Nobody holding a gun starts a fist fight with his left hand.

3. Nobody who is winning a fist fight pulls a gun.
TJDave is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-17-2012, 07:12 PM   #979
bigmack

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave

Now there's some sound thinking. I wonder why so many couldn't figure that out and hide behind "we don't know what happened."
bigmack is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-17-2012, 08:03 PM   #980
Robert Fischer
clean money

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave

Thank You.

1. It looks like common sense that Zimmerman had his weapon concealed.

2. Then somebody started the fight.

3. Then Zimmerman was losing and pulled his gun and killed Martin.

Last edited by Robert Fischer; 04-17-2012 at 08:05 PM.
Robert Fischer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-18-2012, 07:20 PM   #981
boxcar

Various Neighbors Confirm Seeing a Bandaged Zimm

George Zimmerman had bandages on nose and head after shooting, neighbors say

(CBS News) - According to his neighbors, George Zimmerman had bandages on his nose and head the day after he shot and killed 17-year-old Trayvon Martin on February 26th....

In a newly published report by Reuters, Zimmerman's next-door neighbor Jorge Rodriguez said that when he saw Zimmerman the day after the incident, "he had two big, butterfly bandages on the back of his head, and another big bandage...on the bridge of his nose," while he was talking to a police detective in his driveway. Rodriguez's wife Audria also said she saw the bandages and a third neighbor, who spoke only on condition of anonymity, said, "I saw two bandages on the back of his head, and his nose was all swollen-up."

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_1...neighbors-say/

It's looking more and more that this should be an easy defensive gig for any lawyer with a half a brain in his head.

Boxcar
Old 04-19-2012, 12:33 AM   #982
JustRalph
Just another Facist

More on the afidavit.

http://pjmedia.com/blog/walking-pape...man-affidavit/

And here with Levin

http://www.therightscoop.com/mark-le...degree-murder/
JustRalph is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-19-2012, 12:04 PM   #983
boxcar

JR, I'd like your opinion, please, on this this paragraph, especially the bolded part which comes from your first link above:

This entire case hinges upon who started the confrontation and then escalated it into a deadly force event that left a young man dead. If the prosecution has evidence that Zimmerman indeed triggered the confrontation and initiated the struggle, then Zimmerman’s self-defense claim becomes much harder to support. If the events occurred as Zimmerman described itwith the confrontation initiated by Martin, the physical assault initiated by Martin, and Martin then escalating the fight to assault with a deadly weapon by attempting to smash Zimmerman’s head on the concreteand the evidence supports Zimmerman’s claims, then we have a justified use of deadly force in self-defense.

I personally don't see any material difference between someone assaulting another person with a baseball bat, a wrench, a brick or on a fixed concrete slab. For example, what if two people are fighting, they're on the ground and come into very close proximity to a fire hydrant and one of the combatants takes it upon himself to slam his opponent's head into the iron fixture, would not such action be considered an assault with a deadly weapon? What would be the difference if the guy split the other fellow's skull with an iron wrench or on the fixed iron hydrant? What do you think?

The second important statement to this paragraph that I'd like to point out to everyone in general is the first sentence, which bears repeating:

This entire case hinges upon who started the confrontation and then escalated it into a deadly force event that left a young man dead.

I have constantly and consistently maintained this throughout this thread. But others here, such as LS, has said that Zimm bears all the responsibility for what has happened because he "initiated contact", as in he was the one who took it upon himself to follow Martin in the first place. Therefore, it's all Zimm's fault, according to this simple-minded thinking. If it weren't for Zimm, the kid would be still be alive today. And to be sure, there is a measure of truth in this, but it's not the whole truth -- not even close to it. If Martin initiated the physical assault, most especially after visual contact had been lost within those 93 seconds, then Martin bears the brunt of responsibility for his own death -- both legally and morally. In this scenario, it would have been Martin's feet that ran to evil! Going back to my analogy I used a few days ago, it would have been Martin taking the plunge into unknown waters of a jungle, being totally ignorant of what dangers might be lurking beneath.

Boxcar
Old 04-19-2012, 12:27 PM   #984
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
If the events occurred as Zimmerman described it[/i] — with the confrontation initiated by Martin, the physical assault initiated by Martin, and Martin then escalating the fight to assault with a deadly weapon by attempting to smash Zimmerman’s head on the concreteand the evidence supports Zimmerman’s claims, then we have a justified use of deadly force in self-defense.confrontation and then escalated it into a deadly force event that left a young man dead.[/b]
I don't disagree. But I still don't think he should have killed the kid. Being legally right and morally right are two different things. But I wasn't there. I wasn't getting my head pounded on the sidewalk or whatever. I think I could have escaped or avoided that situation. But then again........ maybe he couldn't.

If it were easy, this thread wouldn't exist. I can tell you this, this case could happen in ten different states and you could get vastly different charges in all. I can also tell you, in Ohio, this Zimmerman guy would be going away in a minute. Most Juries in Ohio are very liberal and they would throw the book at him.
Old 04-19-2012, 01:37 PM   #985
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph
I don't disagree. But I still don't think he should have killed the kid. Being legally right and morally right are two different things. But I wasn't there. I wasn't getting my head pounded on the sidewalk or whatever. I think I could have escaped or avoided that situation. But then again........ maybe he couldn't.

If it were easy, this thread wouldn't exist. I can tell you this, this case could happen in ten different states and you could get vastly different charges in all. I can also tell you, in Ohio, this Zimmerman guy would be going away in a minute. Most Juries in Ohio are very liberal and they would throw the book at him.
Okay...so, in essence what we would have here is Martin bringing a "knife" to a fight wherein his opponent had a gun. And, yes, of course you're right about the moral and legal issues. Two very different things. But going on what little we do know at this time, it appears Zimm was okay on both accounts. I can now more clearly understand why the first DA didn't prosecute.

Boxcar
Old 04-19-2012, 02:08 PM   #986
Robert Fischer
clean money

Quote:
Okay...so, in essence what we would have here is Martin bringing a "knife" to a fight wherein his opponent had a gun. And, yes, of course you're right about the moral and legal issues. Two very different things. But going on what little we do know at this time, it appears Zimm was okay on both accounts. I can now more clearly understand why the first DA didn't prosecute.

Boxcar

lost me with "knife"
Old 04-19-2012, 03:05 PM   #987
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Fischer
lost me with "knife"
The "knife" was analogous to the weapon Martin actually used, i.e. the concrete.

Boxcar
Old 04-19-2012, 03:49 PM   #988
Robert Fischer
clean money

Quote:
The "knife" was analogous to the weapon Martin actually used, i.e. the concrete.

Boxcar
huge stretch
now the lay of the land is analogous to to using a deadly weapon??

I could see that kind of logic if Tray intentionally shoved Zim into a piranha tank...
Old 04-19-2012, 04:00 PM   #989
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Fischer
huge stretch
now the lay of the land is analogous to to using a deadly weapon??

I could see that kind of logic if Tray intentionally shoved Zim into a piranha tank...
Then you should be able to see it also when Martin, evidently, shoved Zim's head into concrete. You certainly would be able to see it if Martin had hit Zim upside with a brick, right?

Boxcar
Old 04-19-2012, 04:12 PM   #990
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:

Boxcar
Sanford PD says they can prove that they were planning a request for it to go to a grand jury anyway.........but it blew up before they were done investigating.

If so, the context of this entire event is different than that portrayed by the media. What's new.......?