Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 04-11-2012, 07:09 PM   #841
jelly
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Goren
Florida juries have a long history of letting murders off. I doubt if there is better state to commit a murder and get away with it. Case in point, Casey Anthony.

How about California
jelly is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-11-2012, 07:15 PM   #842
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph
I smell politics
I sniffed that out weeks ago when the governor became involved, gave the boot to the original DA, hand-picked this gal and most recently when the DA dismissed the Grand Jury.

As stated previously, this is a win-win situation for the Gov. If his hotshot DA loses, he gets to point the finger at the jury and absolve himself of all blame. But if she gets a conviction, he'll manage to take the credit because after all, she was his idea.

Boxcar
Old 04-11-2012, 07:21 PM   #843
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmack
Good luck with that.

Do you understand the legal definition of a depraved mind.
Quote:
Depravity of mind refers to the state of mind which is contrary to justice, honesty or morality. Depravity of mind is a condition where there is a deviation or departure from the ordinary standards of honest, good morals, justice, or ethics as to be shocking to the moral sense of the society
The legal dictionary defines manslaughter as

Quote:
The unjustifiable, inexcusable, and intentional killing of a human being without deliberation, premeditation, and malice. The unlawful killing of a human being without any deliberation, which may be involuntary, in the commission of a lawful act without due caution and circumspection.

Manslaughter is a distinct crime and is not considered a lesser degree of murder. The essential distinction between the two offenses is that malice aforethought must be present for murder, whereas it must be absent for manslaughter. Manslaughter is not as serious a crime as murder. On the other hand, it is not a justifiable or excusable killing for which little or no punishment is imposed.
Second degree murder is the right charge. Zimmerman pursued Martin even after being instructed not to do so by the 911 operator. Zimmerman was carrying a gun even though that is against the tenets of Neighborhood Watch.

He put himself in the situation where he felt threatened. If he really felt threatened.

Also, the fact that the charge is second degree murder does not preclude a plea agreement for manslaughter. It also does not prevent the jury from a finding of not guilty as to second degree murder, but guilty as to manslaughter.
Old 04-11-2012, 07:37 PM   #844
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost
Zimmerman pursued Martin even after being instructed not to do so by the 911 operator.
Can you link us to the evidence for your claim? And how could Zimm have pursued anyone with whom he had lost visual contact for quite awhile?

Quote:
He put himself in the situation where he felt threatened. If he really felt threatened.
And so if Martin threatened Zimm simply because he didn't like being followed, that would justify Martin's threatening actions or even the assault?

If I'm walking down a street at night and some guy gives me a really hard, evil, I'm-going-to-kick-your-butt look that unsettles me, that would justify me taking preemptive action by assaulting the guy -- in the name of defending myself, maybe? Defending myself against what, specifically? A, hostile, threatening look?

Boxcar
Old 04-11-2012, 07:42 PM   #845
bigmack

Quote:
Do you understand the legal definition of a depraved mind.

Zimmerman was carrying a gun even though that is against the tenets of Neighborhood Watch.
I not only know the definition of a depraved mind,because I'm the one who posted it, but because I see several depraved minds everyday. Yours & Gorens come to mind.

Let's see which one has more weight in a court of law. The fact that he was carrying a gun legally or if it's "against the tenets of neighborhood watch."
bigmack is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-11-2012, 07:42 PM   #846
Robert Fischer
clean money

Why didn't Zimmerman shoot Martin in the leg?
Old 04-11-2012, 07:44 PM   #847
bigmack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Fischer
It's exactly what you've thought from the beginning. Because Georgie hates black people and he wanted to kill one.

Come on man, use your head.
Old 04-11-2012, 07:44 PM   #848
canleakid

George Zimmerman is charged with 2nd-degree murder in Trayvon Martin shooting and is under arrest some where in FLA.
Old 04-11-2012, 07:45 PM   #849
bigmack

Quote:
Originally Posted by canleakid
George Zimmerman is charged with 2nd-degree murder in Trayvon Martin shooting and is under arrest some where in FLA.
Has anyone landed on the moon yet?
Old 04-11-2012, 07:49 PM   #850
canleakid

yeap Roy Firestone just reported that we have landed on the moon
Old 04-11-2012, 08:07 PM   #851
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmack
I not only know the definition of a depraved mind,because I'm the one who posted it, but because I see several depraved minds everyday. Yours & Gorens come to mind.

Let's see which one has more weight in a court of law. The fact that he was carrying a gun legally or if it's "against the tenets of neighborhood watch."
Try not to be dense. There was no reason for Zimmerman to be there in the first place. He was instructed to break off the pursuit. He ignored that instruction. Neighborhood Watch tells its members not to carry guns so that incidents like this do not happen. The charge here is second degree murder. It is not illegal possession of a firearm. If you kill someone, the fact that your firearm is legal is not a mitigating circumstance.
Old 04-11-2012, 08:12 PM   #852
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Fischer
Because Martin's chest was in the way, perhaps?

It's so comical to watch so many here either sanitize the assault with their fantasies and now wax surreal about shootings. Passively soaking in too many hours of boob tube or Netflix is proving to be detrimental to people's cognitive functions.

Boxcar
Old 04-11-2012, 10:26 PM   #853
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redshift1
Why not add Unlawful Flight to Avoid Prosecution to other potential charges perhaps Ozzie Guillen can arrange asylum in Cuba.

Would never hold up - he has a bounty on hims by the Committee to RE-elect Obama.

He is justified in hiding, to avoid the illegal, and yet, somehow not challenged by the Justice Department, bounty on him.

I daresay he has more than enough justification to shoot a Black Panther now.

Last edited by Tom; 04-11-2012 at 10:27 PM.
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-11-2012, 10:32 PM   #854
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Zimmerman pursued Martin even after being instructed not to do so by the 911 operator.
No, he wasn't told that.
Old 04-11-2012, 10:33 PM   #855
bigmack

What a relief to learn Revrun Al & Eri Holder are holding hands on this caper.

Al helps lend credence to Eric.

Watch this video: http://cnsnews.com/news/article/eric...-guide-trayvon

With $121 in his account his first purchase was a bag of Skittles & a Brisk.