Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 12-25-2021, 01:59 PM   #1
JohnGalt1

Wait for it -- Wait for it --Gulfstream Park

I first noticed this at the Claiming Crown.

There was no message scrawling -- Races will go of at post time.

And the drag time was 8-10 minutes.

Sunday I went into my office to watch the last race, turned on the computer. Zero minutes to post, good, I thought just in time.

10 minutes later the races went off. And I didn't even bet it due the low odds.

I guess zero means zero doesn't mean zero in Hallandale, Florida.

GP will be a secondary track again.
JohnGalt1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-25-2021, 02:41 PM   #2
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

GP has never been able to tell time or time races.
What do you mean "again?"
Old 12-25-2021, 03:12 PM   #3
Michael

It's always been that way. Being from NY when you have a meeting at 2:15 est it means on the nose. Gulfstream park? they're consistenly 10 minutes late past the MTP timer.

Also, It's Christmas... Merry Christmas everyone.

If anyone has noticed GP hasn't been able to time their turf races. You look at the charts and sometimes you get fractions but the vast majority of time every call is blank and maybe there's a final time. Then the other night something clicked in my mind.... how are they getting speed figures if they can't time the race? it's a cluster for sure... and they really need to get their act together. Now every race ran on the turf is basically worthless for cappers going forward.

I think the poly track is backfiring on them... it's def hurting their handle, and the races this year for the "championship meet" have been sub par from previous years. I can't even find a race to bet. Like tomo's card... those turf races aren't even competitive.

i dunno... something just seems really wrong at gulfstream park this year.
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-25-2021, 05:36 PM   #4
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

10 of the last 15 turf races have no internal fractions.
What incompetance.
Old 12-25-2021, 06:13 PM   #5
zico20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post
It's always been that way. Being from NY when you have a meeting at 2:15 est it means on the nose. Gulfstream park? they're consistenly 10 minutes late past the MTP timer.

Also, It's Christmas... Merry Christmas everyone.

If anyone has noticed GP hasn't been able to time their turf races. You look at the charts and sometimes you get fractions but the vast majority of time every call is blank and maybe there's a final time. Then the other night something clicked in my mind.... how are they getting speed figures if they can't time the race? it's a cluster for sure... and they really need to get their act together. Now every race ran on the turf is basically worthless for cappers going forward.

I think the poly track is backfiring on them... it's def hurting their handle, and the races this year for the "championship meet" have been sub par from previous years. I can't even find a race to bet. Like tomo's card... those turf races aren't even competitive.

i dunno... something just seems really wrong at gulfstream park this year.
You better believe it is. No one wants to have to start deciphering (or guess) who can run on what surface. It sucks! Hopefully they will only use it when races come off the turf and no other time.
Old 12-25-2021, 07:17 PM   #6
the little guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by zico20 View Post
You better believe it is. No one wants to have to start deciphering (or guess) who can run on what surface. It sucks! Hopefully they will only use it when races come off the turf and no other time.
I guess you haven't been following this meet.

Then again, did we really need another thread complaining about the Gulfstream drag. It's a drag, I agree, we get it.
the little guy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-25-2021, 08:12 PM   #7
The_Turf_Monster

They’d probably start opening the gate on time if people stopped putting in bets past post time
The_Turf_Monster is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-26-2021, 12:27 AM   #8
Elkchester Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Turf_Monster View Post
They’d probably start opening the gate on time if people stopped putting in bets past post time
Old 12-26-2021, 08:42 AM   #9
westernmassbob

The Gulfstream drag is their baby they own that. What I find funny is the misconception that there is a longer time in between races there. Drag or no drag it’s the same time between races. Someone even tried saying on a blog somewhere that the races each day end about an hour to hour and half late each card. Hysterical.
westernmassbob is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-26-2021, 02:01 PM   #10
Fox

CT consistently hangs on 0mtp for quite a while. I never timed it, but it feels like at least 5 mins. Of course, most harness circuits have been doing it for years. I find it annoying and disrespectful.
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-26-2021, 02:41 PM   #11
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Turf_Monster View Post
Close the winows at 0mtp and they will get the message.
Old 12-26-2021, 04:33 PM   #12
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post
It's always been that way.
There was a brief period of times this year when Gulfstream was running at post time.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-26-2021, 06:11 PM   #13
BarchCapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
There was a brief period of times this year when Gulfstream was running at post time.
It actually started OVER a year ago (and stretched into this year, I believe)/

Aidan Butler quote:

“There are so many reasons why it is the right thing to do,” Butler said. “It's the right thing to do from the aspect of the enjoyment of the sport. It's the right thing to do when it comes to professionalism and being efficient. It's the right thing to do for the animals. You don't want them hanging around out there when it's hot and going around and around in circles. Going forward, the team at Gulfstream and the team at The Stronach Group, we want to try to be the best at everything we do. That might sound cheesy, but that's what we are striving for. That involves everything we do.”

From this article:

https://www.thoroughbreddailynews.co...-at-post-time/

Either it's no longer the right thing to do, or the Stronach Group is back to doing the wrong thing.
BarchCapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-26-2021, 06:19 PM   #14
therussmeister
Out-of-town Jasper

Quote:
Originally Posted by westernmassbob View Post
The Gulfstream drag is their baby they own that. What I find funny is the misconception that there is a longer time in between races there. Drag or no drag it’s the same time between races. Someone even tried saying on a blog somewhere that the races each day end about an hour to hour and half late each card. Hysterical.
Yeah, not anymore. Today they wound up finishing about 30 minutes late. Laurel was also running late.

~Alan Watts
therussmeister is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-26-2021, 07:07 PM   #15
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by therussmeister View Post
Yeah, not anymore. Today they wound up finishing about 30 minutes late. Laurel was also running late.
They heard someone in the crowd still had a sawbuck in his pocket.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: