Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 07-11-2021, 09:36 AM   #16
FakeNameChanged

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkey11 View Post
ahh run by limey beancounters they expect the sterling to run one way there way. another ripoff outfit well as louis albano said ****em
Well, there's a name from the past. Captain Lou. I blame Lou for starting the facial piercings craze. He used rubber bands.
Old 07-11-2021, 10:14 AM   #17
sharkey11

ya that quote was from wise guys movie. rember lou s tag team partner ?
sharkey11 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-11-2021, 12:48 PM   #18
JustRalph
Just another Facist

jesus......what's next........?
JustRalph is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-11-2021, 01:05 PM   #19
sharkey11

what do you desire my son
Old 07-11-2021, 01:05 PM   #20
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

They should pay us to watch Todd.
Old 07-11-2021, 01:41 PM   #21
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
TVG and other ADW's pay the host track and keep the rest. they might pay as much as 6% of the takeout and pay the host. they are now responsible for any deficiencies which includes negative pools.
Signal fees have grown at many tracks to well over 6%.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-11-2021, 03:02 PM   #22
sharkey11

if the track itself is allowed to raise takeout after a minus pool . then what are the adws allowed to do?
Old 07-11-2021, 03:22 PM   #23
moneyandland

The Irony - TVG must be looking to clean house...

Attached Images
File Type: png TVG IRONY.PNG (103.3 KB, 64 views)

Last edited by moneyandland; 07-11-2021 at 03:23 PM.
moneyandland is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-11-2021, 03:38 PM   #24
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
They should pay us to watch Todd.

I haven't watched TVG in ages. I just looked them up and found out Rich Perloff is still with them, he is the one I disliked the most. Total condescending jackass to any fan who disagreed with him, I wonder if he changed his tune.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-11-2021, 07:04 PM   #25
Elkchester Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
I haven't watched TVG in ages. I just looked them up and found out Rich Perloff is still with them, he is the one I disliked the most. Total condescending jackass to any fan who disagreed with him, I wonder if he changed his tune.
Inner Dirt...you can say that again about Perloff. That Guy's selections are an absolute Disease. His go-to Exotic selection, the Pick-4, is an absolute Epidemic. The overwhelming majority of the time...his ticket loses. When his ticket does hit...he could have made more money by betting his ticket amount on his Single...to Place.

He is literally Ground Zero for what NOT to do when betting One's money on Horses.
Old 07-11-2021, 09:43 PM   #26
myohmyjustify

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkey11 View Post
ya that quote was from wise guys movie. rember lou s tag team partner ?

Tony Altimore, from Stamford, Conn., was Albano's tag team partner. In the early 1960's they wrestled as The Sicilians.
myohmyjustify is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-11-2021, 11:28 PM   #27
AskinHaskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
A betting outlet offers a wager...and then punishes the customer for making it.

Uh, the track "offered the wager", and those along the line who are liable for minus pools had nothing to do with it.

That in much the same way that tracks who decide they're going to slash takeout then put the squeeze on the bet-taking outlets scattered all over, and in completely different jurisdictions.

It's easy to make willy-nilly choices when you're the increasingly-tiny end that is the place with the live race. But of course nobody doing that ever has the big picture in mind.
AskinHaskin is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-11-2021, 11:48 PM   #28
moneyandland

Quote:
Originally Posted by AskinHaskin View Post
Uh, the track "offered the wager", and those along the line who are liable for minus pools had nothing to do with it.

That in much the same way that tracks who decide they're going to slash takeout then put the squeeze on the bet-taking outlets scattered all over, and in completely different jurisdictions.

It's easy to make willy-nilly choices when you're the increasingly-tiny end that is the place with the live race. But of course nobody doing that ever has the big picture in mind.

FALSE, The ADW offered the wager as it was on its menu, NYRA Bets routinely eliminates the option to make a show wager on potential minus pools. TVG chooses to put the onus on the bettor to determine if the pool has the potential to be negative. That's my issue with this. IF A WAGER is available on the board it's not my responsibility to determine if it will effect the bottom line of the bet taker. The problem is it's not my wager making the pool negative so how is it my responsibility to have to determine that and then say oh sorry I don't want the good people at TVG running a business to take a loss so I better forgo my own winnings for the sake of Big Business.

If they don't want me to bet it, be proactive and turn off that wager like NYRA Bets does. Don't have bean counters scan bets 2 weeks after there made and say oh you know what we didn't profit on every bet made we made 14% of 3700 but twice we had to pay $30 and that means our profits weren't as high as they could be the whole while neglecting the fact that I wouldn't of bet the 3700 in other bets if I don't make all the plays

I would totally understand if the only bets I was making on the platform were large minus pool wagers.
Old 07-12-2021, 12:07 AM   #29
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneyandland View Post
If they don't want me to bet it, be proactive and turn off that wager like NYRA Bets does. Don't have bean counters scan bets 2 weeks after there made and say oh you know what we didn't profit on every bet made we made 14% of 3700 but twice we had to pay $30 and that means our profits weren't as high as they could be the whole while neglecting the fact that I wouldn't of bet the 3700 in other bets if I don't make all the plays

I would totally understand if the only bets I was making on the platform were large minus pool wagers.
You made what looks like two $600 show bets on a minus pool paying $2.10 each time....Did they warn you after the first time? Is there any restrictions about this in the "terms of agreement" with your account?

Something doesn't seem right, it's just too small an amount to freeze you out over.

Last edited by ReplayRandall; 07-12-2021 at 12:13 AM.
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-12-2021, 12:28 AM   #30
moneyandland

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall View Post
You made what looks like two $300 show bets on a minus pool paying $2.10 each time....Did they warn you after the first time? Is there any restrictions about this in the "terms of agreement" with your account?

Something doesn't seem right, it's just too small an amount to freeze you out over.
I got a call on Saturday 7/10 at 7pm EST and voice mail left stated account was terminated and I was warned against creating negative pools in august of 2020. I tried to upload my bet history for last 2 months but the pdf they sent me as slightly larger than allowed. I made 3 bets in the 2 weeks prior of $137, $147, and $162 that paid minimum. I'm not even sure if the pools were in fact negative. All other bets were ok.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: